Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:33 PM   #6076
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Part of me says not to either since investing over time should net me better gains.

Hard call though as paying off a house sooner sounds nice too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
If you can make your money grow faster % than the percentage of the loan, you invest it.

It rarely used to be that way when people had 10% mortgages and would only earn 5%-7%.
Maybe one can likely earn a higher return by investing, but it's not guaranteed. Paying off a mortgage is a 100 percent return on your loan rate, and it's guaranteed as a long-term return since it lowers your debt over the life of the loan. It also helps to guarantee that you'll never end up homeless, which brings significant psychic benefit, and it diversifies your wealth.

You obviously want to have some liquid savings, and you want to maximize your IRA, but the mortgage comes after that.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:37 PM   #6077
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Maybe one can likely earn a higher return by investing, but it's not guaranteed. Paying off a mortgage is a 100 percent return on your loan rate, and it's guaranteed as a long-term return since it lowers your debt over the life of the loan. It also helps to guarantee that you'll never end up homeless, which brings significant psychic benefit, and it diversifies your wealth.

You obviously want to have some liquid savings, and you want to maximize your IRA, but the mortgage comes after that.
We have 50% equity on the house so the mortgage payment is super low now. Paying $100-200 extra a month wouldn’t hurt us and helps in the long run I think. I already max my ROTH IRA. Good points.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:55 PM   #6078
Supporter

Quote:
We have 50% equity on the house so the mortgage payment is super low now. Paying $100-200 extra a month wouldn’t hurt us and helps in the long run I think. I already max my ROTH IRA. Good points.
Good on ya dude. Sounds like you really can't go wrong.

If I were you, I'd sock it away separately and see if you can get a different investment going. Maybe it's a side hustle, or a house to rent or something. Even if you just start a taxable investment account, I bet you can beat 2.5%.

But if you put money against the mortgage it'll pay it off faster, and unless you move, once it's paid off, that's material money you then get to keep.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:39 PM   #6079
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Sounds like you're well on your way to an early retirement!

Good luck and keep the pedal to the metal!
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:14 AM   #6080
Indian Twitter

How much a month is a comfortable retirement?
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:34 AM   #6081
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree View Post
How much a month is a comfortable retirement?
Depends on a lot of factors. You’re current lifestyle, cost of living in your area and a big one people miss, estimated healthcare needs as you age.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:36 AM   #6082
Mod Team

Quote:
Sounds like you're well on your way to an early retirement!

Good luck and keep the pedal to the metal!
I like your point too about investing extra cash. That’s normally my thinking too.

Sure would be easier if the wife would get a job! Has a single ****ing kid 2.5 years ago and claims to be a homemaker now!
Old 09-19-2020, 07:48 AM   #6083
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
I like your point too about investing extra cash. That’s normally my thinking too.

Sure would be easier if the wife would get a job! Has a single ****ing kid 2.5 years ago and claims to be a homemaker now!
Why do women have to turn into assholes
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:12 AM   #6084
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Why do women have to turn into assholes
Because you got fat.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:24 AM   #6085
I love your mom

Quote:

I don't know why you guys just didn't marry a doctor , easy peasy.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:24 AM   #6086
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Because you got fat.
Well, she got fat first!
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:55 PM   #6087
Politically Incorrect

Quote:

That house better be spit shine clean, she better have dinner on the table and your slippers and pipe ready with a drink in her hand for you when you walk in the door.

And on Friday nights she better be wearing the French Maid outfit she just cleaned the house in to make sure you can relax properly after a long week of work providing for the family.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:40 PM   #6088
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
I don't know why you guys just didn't marry a doctor , easy peasy.
I considered it, but it always seemed awkward to ask them out while they were palpating me.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:52 AM   #6089
Politically Incorrect

NKLA dropping like a rock in pre-market. Down to $20 and CEO stepping down.

Holy shit if this really is fraud that may kill the stock.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:24 AM   #6090
MVP

Quote:
NKLA dropping like a rock in pre-market. Down to $20 and CEO stepping down.

Holy shit if this really is fraud that may kill the stock.
The CEO said they had proprietary battery technology among other new tech. The fund that called them out said they didn't. Now it's been revealed that they're using an outside battery source.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote