Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:07 PM   #5356
Coomer

raidersnumber1 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.raidersnumber1 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.raidersnumber1 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.raidersnumber1 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.raidersnumber1 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.raidersnumber1 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.raidersnumber1 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.raidersnumber1 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.raidersnumber1 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.raidersnumber1 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.raidersnumber1 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:29 AM   #5357
Fish are scared of me

Dow implied open +500 this morning.

I didn't even look at my portfolio last night because I just didn't want the vision in my head all night.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:51 AM   #5358
Supporter

Oof. I bet lots of fools stops got ran the last few days.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 07:12 AM   #5359
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Oof. I bet lots of fools stops got ran the last few days.
Yup, again goes to show why timing the market is just a fools game. And while I will use stop losses occasionally (to lock in gains on inflated stock), I only do it on a position I no longer want to own anyway. If you do it on a position you still want to keep, you end up buying back in at a higher price, using this week as an example.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:13 AM   #5360
Mod Team

Did some reading on the Golden Butterfly last night. I find that very interesting. Similar market gains but with 60%+ LESS volatility.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:06 AM   #5361
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Did some reading on the Golden Butterfly last night. I find that very interesting. Similar market gains but with 60%+ LESS volatility.
That looks interesting but I am not sure about this permanent portfolio business. 25% cash and 25% gold?? I haven't read into a lot yet but I surely do not like that.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:10 AM   #5362
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
That looks interesting but I am not sure about this permanent portfolio business. 25% cash and 25% gold?? I haven't read into a lot yet but I surely do not like that.
I was looking at the one without cash.

http://www.lazyportfolioetf.com/allo...den-butterfly/
Old 06-12-2020, 08:57 AM   #5363
Supporter

I’d be out on anything that requires gold.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:24 AM   #5364
Supporter

Market is about 5 ticks away from some fast selling if we break negative...and as I type this, there it goes......

it's trying to hold at yesterday's close which is also the 200 day SMA ....that might hold it up .....but it being Friday makes me nervous about that holding for long
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:59 AM   #5365
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I’d be out on anything that requires gold.
My thoughts exactly but Gold’s shown to be similar to an “inverse” equities position without having to be in a more volatile inverse fund. You can see the numbers about how gold will offset equities losses in major downturns.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:27 AM   #5366
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
My thoughts exactly but Gold’s shown to be similar to an “inverse” equities position without having to be in a more volatile inverse fund. You can see the numbers about how gold will offset equities losses in major downturns.
I've never liked gold simply because it is a pure "trade". I have never seen gold as an "investment". Too often it's flat money that pays little if any dividends at all.
Old 06-12-2020, 02:01 PM   #5367
Supporter

Gonna have a fairly decent finish maybe....the last leg down was rather weak and we saw a good bounce off of that and the 200 day held. That's a good sign going into the weekend. There was every excuse for people to dump out in fear of Monday. Still lost about half of the gains for the day though. And we are not done selling. I am seeing continued selling for a bit.

Unless something happens I would say start prepping for election concerns.
Old 06-12-2020, 02:03 PM   #5368
I'll be back.

IBIO with a big surge EOD.

We all know what's coming.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:02 PM   #5369
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

Low IQ
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:15 PM   #5370
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

$1.60 on Monday?

Riveting.