Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:19 AM   #5896
Fish are scared of me

I'm enjoying this mans research and advice

This may be a stock to get in early on.

Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:33 AM   #5897
MVP

Man, my Tesla stocks have been so hot. Anyone else know of any other "meme" companies I am unaware of? I've got some cash to dump.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-17-2020, 11:00 AM   #5898
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
Man, my Tesla stocks have been so hot. Anyone else know of any other "meme" companies I am unaware of? I've got some cash to dump.
I love Tesla. I'm up over 400 percent on it. It's my biggest star.

I just bought a tiny amount of CVAC. It's pure gambling, but I figure if the Gates Foundation is behind it, that's going to open a lot of doors.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-17-2020, 12:06 PM   #5899
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
WTF is a meme company?

Why don't you just buy more Tesla. It's only going higher. Up 8% right now today.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-17-2020, 12:16 PM   #5900
Politically Incorrect

One of my best friend's has the following 3 stocks as his largest holdings, and I mean large!

1. Tesla (Bought at $388) 300 shares down from 400 shares he sold around $1000
2. Square (Bought at $32) 1,500 shares
3. Shopify (Bought at $740) 100 shares

He is a very happy guy right now. He is the best non-pro stock picker I've ever seen. He told me about Chegg at $30 and a few others that have done incredible.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-17-2020, 12:17 PM   #5901
Supporter

I’ve seen some shit on r/wallstreetbets suggesting corn going on a substantial rally.

If anyone is contemplating it, be cautious.

That storm that rolled through was ****ing for real. But the market hasn’t really moved. Weather markets in the grains are super volatile and over quick. There have been some up days but nothing really at all out of the ordinary, all the while that storm is in the news.

The other side is the governor of Iowa said 10M acres flattened. If we assume 50:50 corn:beans and 200bpa:60bpa that’s 1 billion bushels of corn and 300M bushels comes of beans. As a nation we grow 14.5 billion bushels of corn a year and 4.4 billion beans. So whatever order of magnitude the damage is on those acres, it moves the needle.

But with ethanol shitting the bed, the meat market ****ed up, and exports being down this year, it may not move it much. Idk, I’d have to do a ton more research than I’m willing to do.

All I know is weather markets move quick and this one is not.

Here’s your free advice. You get what you pay for.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-17-2020, 05:05 PM   #5902
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
WTF is a meme company?

Why don't you just buy more Tesla. It's only going higher. Up 8% right now today.
Meaning it seems like Tesla is on a bubble. Its earnings don't support its prices. The PS ratio is over 12. Tesla is on another level because people believe in Elon.

It seems prime for a crash, but keeps going up and up.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 08-17-2020, 05:08 PM   #5903
Banned

BTC up 35% over 30d, 25% over 6m.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:32 PM   #5904
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I’ve seen some shit on r/wallstreetbets suggesting corn going on a substantial rally.

If anyone is contemplating it, be cautious.

That storm that rolled through was ****ing for real. But the market hasn’t really moved. Weather markets in the grains are super volatile and over quick. There have been some up days but nothing really at all out of the ordinary, all the while that storm is in the news.

The other side is the governor of Iowa said 10M acres flattened. If we assume 50:50 corn:beans and 200bpa:60bpa that’s 1 billion bushels of corn and 300M bushels comes of beans. As a nation we grow 14.5 billion bushels of corn a year and 4.4 billion beans. So whatever order of magnitude the damage is on those acres, it moves the needle.

But with ethanol shitting the bed, the meat market ****ed up, and exports being down this year, it may not move it much. Idk, I’d have to do a ton more research than I’m willing to do.

All I know is weather markets move quick and this one is not.

Here’s your free advice. You get what you pay for.

There is going to be a crop assessment starting today in the Iowa, Illinois and Indiana areas that are affected. 100 mph winds may or may not ruin a crop. If it's just laying over it's fine, if corn is broken at the stalk you'll only be able to salvage a small percentage. There's an assumption that most of these farmers have crop insurance... insurance for out buildings, too.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:44 PM   #5905
MVP

Warren Buffet took a huge stake in gold in Q2. Surprising since he's always said gold is a relic with no value and pays no interest or dividends.

We'll see. Some gold producers jumped 42%+ today.

Warren has influence for sure.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:11 PM   #5906
MVP

These are the stocks to own from a totally mathematical investment perspective:

ENPH - $75.06... today's gain 2.6%
REGI - $39.68... today's gain 0.08%
KNTFN - $5.45 ,,, today's gain 3.81%
HOV - $34.31 ... today's gain 20.26%
EQX - $13.33 ... today's gain 8.91%

Do your own due diligence and make lots of money.

Stewie
Old 08-17-2020, 08:35 PM   #5907
Spooky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Warren Buffet took a huge stake in gold in Q2. Surprising since he's always said gold is a relic with no value and pays no interest or dividends.

I heard Berkshire bought shares of a mining company, is that what you're referring to?
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 09:02 PM   #5908
Mod Team

Quote:

Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPodolak View Post
I heard Berkshire bought shares of a mining company, is that what you're referring to?

More correct. It's Berkshire buying. And 500M is about 0.1% of Berkshire’s market cap which means it probably ain’t Buffett doing the buying but one of his sidekicks. Secondly no one is carrying on about his $2.1bn addition to his Bank of America holdings bringing his ownership of that bank to over 12%. That’s huge news especially given anything over 10% bank ownership requires him to publicly disclose his transactions.

Last edited by lewdog; 08-17-2020 at 09:20 PM..
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-17-2020, 09:19 PM   #5909
Supporter

Quote:
There is going to be a crop assessment starting today in the Iowa, Illinois and Indiana areas that are affected. 100 mph winds may or may not ruin a crop. If it's just laying over it's fine, if corn is broken at the stalk you'll only be able to salvage a small percentage. There's an assumption that most of these farmers have crop insurance... insurance for out buildings, too.
I’ve seen a lot of pictures on agtalk. There is real damage on even shit that’s still standing.

Broke is ****ed. Laying over is only moderately less ****ed. If the ear is sitting on dirt it will rot right now. If it tries to fill it’s got half the leaf tissue to make starch. Then harvestability becomes a pretty big issue. Big thing is the leaves have been stripped off of virtually every picture I’ve seen. That’s bad news. Also saw a bunch of pictures of damaged ears. I assume hail.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-18-2020, 03:40 PM   #5910
Mod Team

S&P just missed record highs today.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.