Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-21-2023, 06:24 AM   #2
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Just a thought, but you might want to read the article in the post just above yours.
I probably should have started a new thread but this one had popped up in my search.
Automatic cars are still the future. The only reason this accident made the news is because it was between an automated vehicle & a manual one. How many manual cars crashed that day across the country?

Consider how much better a calculator performs simple functions relative to a human, and that the AI in this collective swarm of cars is learning at an exponential rate over time while a human's ability to drive deteriorates with experience.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 06:55 AM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Automatic cars are still the future. The only reason this accident made the news is because it was between an automated vehicle & a manual one. How many manual cars crashed that day across the country?

Consider how much better a calculator performs simple functions relative to a human, and that the AI in this collective swarm of cars is learning at an exponential rate over time while a human's ability to drive deteriorates with experience.
Do you think they will ever be able to teach one the difference between wet and dry concrete?

Your calculator comparison is flawed. Math does not change, it is what it is.

Driving conditions? Not so much, too many variables.

So the cab company cut it's fleet in half, just maybe they are getting the picture?
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-21-2023, 08:12 AM   #4
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Do you think they will ever be able to teach one the difference between wet and dry concrete?
yes. already smart transmissions can do a better job of sensing slipping and shifting into all-wheel drive than humans. And, shifting back into 2wd for fuel efficiency.

it's not a matter of IF it is a matter of WHEN.
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-21-2023, 06:43 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Just a thought, but you might want to read the article in the post just above yours.
I probably should have started a new thread but this one had popped up in my search.
I was just saying I'm tired of the airlines bullying people around...the whole "hidden city" ticketing thing has me annoyed as hell - I don't do it but why shouldn't people be allowed to do it?
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-21-2023, 06:49 AM   #6
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
I was just saying I'm tired of the airlines bullying people around...the whole "hidden city" ticketing thing has me annoyed as hell - I don't do it but why shouldn't people be allowed to do it?
I see, and understand. I pretty much quit flying years ago due to lack of control. They treat you like a herd of cattle and it is understandable.

We did recently fly to the east coast and the cashless airports were just another reason not to do it for me, damn I was pissed.

I have been driving long distance for years, but now my daily limit has gone down to 600 miles. Our family is spread out all over the country, so I get a lot of practice.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 08:21 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
I see, and understand. I pretty much quit flying years ago due to lack of control. They treat you like a herd of cattle and it is understandable.

We did recently fly to the east coast and the cashless airports were just another reason not to do it for me, damn I was pissed.

I have been driving long distance for years, but now my daily limit has gone down to 600 miles. Our family is spread out all over the country, so I get a lot of practice.
I don't mind driving but 800 miles is about my limit. Denver to Vegas and Denver to KC. I have driven all the way to Fresno once - that took a couple of us to complete.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-21-2023, 10:07 AM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
I don't mind driving but 800 miles is about my limit. Denver to Vegas and Denver to KC. I have driven all the way to Fresno once - that took a couple of us to complete.
I get it. Drove from San Jose to Wichita in my 30s non stop, over 1600 then Virginia Beach to Chicago non stop 1000 in my 50s but now 600 is pushing it.

I doubt if I would have been able to relax for 60 seconds in a driverless car on any of these trips.
Do you think you would trust them enough to relax and enjoy the trip like in airplane or bus?

Last edited by HemiEd; 08-21-2023 at 07:49 PM..