Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:33 PM   #796
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Made my wife's family's "easy, quick" staple: White corn chili.

Very easy: Per pound of ground beef, add 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can beans, 1 can white corn (drained; I prefer frozen); 1 jar your favorite salsa. Brown and drain the beef, drain the beans if want, bring everything to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Tasty stuff.
Rolling with this tonight. The local store doesn't carry ****all for salsa so I got Newmans black bean and corn :doh: I thought it was just black bean salsa. Hopefully it doesn't suck.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:40 PM   #797
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSponge View Post
How any one can give up bread I will never know. Bread is best.
I rarely eat bread of any kind at home. We never have a loaf of bread lying around unless I buy lunch meat, which isn't that often. I will have bread if I order a sandwich when we go out.

My waistline thanks me for giving up the bread.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:44 PM   #798
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I rarely eat bread of any kind at home. We never have a loaf of bread lying around unless I buy lunch meat, which isn't that often. I will have bread if I order a sandwich when we go out.

My waistline thanks me for giving up the bread.
Ti's true. Let a piece sit in a bowl moistened with water and watch it swell up.

Now, post a pic of those Six-Pack abs.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:45 PM   #799
Cast Iron Jedi

I love bread. I have like three kinds on the counter right now.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #800
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSponge View Post
How any one can give up bread I will never know. Bread is best.
you are so right. is your first name loofah or scrubby?
Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:59 PM   #801
Banned

Quote:
I love bread. I have like three kinds on the counter right now.

do yo have a best bread?
Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:04 PM   #802
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalor2 View Post
do yo have a best bread?

Not really. There's a specific brand that I can only find in my Winn Dixie - it's this roasted garlic artisan style loaf. Love the stuff. They also make s kickass baguette.

I make my own periodically. It's a slow fermented white bread the rises in the fridge over the course of a few days. Super crusty, and just very good tasting. It makes a helluva toast for eggs.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:20 PM   #803
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Ti's true. Let a piece sit in a bowl moistened with water and watch it swell up.

Now, post a pic of those Six-Pack abs.
I didn't say I have a six pack! I am just less fat.

Now I'm depressed.

Wife brought home more Tamales she was given at work.

BRB....getting fatter.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:45 PM   #804
Banned

Quote:
Not really. There's a specific brand that I can only find in my Winn Dixie - it's this roasted garlic artisan style loaf. Love the stuff. They also make s kickass baguette.

I make my own periodically. It's a slow fermented white bread the rises in the fridge over the course of a few days. Super crusty, and just very good tasting. It makes a helluva toast for eggs.
cold rising? sourdough? kick ass
Old 12-15-2015, 08:04 PM   #805
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
cold rising? sourdough? kick ass

If you let it go for four or five days it will start to turn into sourdough. I don't generally let it go that long. Best flavor, IMO, is three.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:13 PM   #806
Banned

Quote:
If you let it go for four or five days it will start to turn into sourdough. I don't generally let it go that long. Best flavor, IMO, is three.
yeah. i can see that, bet its got the pillow like a ciabatta but the skin of a baguette,
Old 12-15-2015, 08:25 PM   #807
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
yeah. i can see that, bet its got the pillow like a ciabatta but the skin of a baguette,

That's a pretty good description, actually.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:36 PM   #808
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
The family that started Ragu makes Aldi sauces. They sold the Ragu brand in the '60s and started another company. They now make pasta sauce for Aldi along with sauces for Rinaldi and Newman's Own.

There used to be a great website that listed who made Aldi products. It was quite interesting to see who made products for them.
Wish I could find that site did a search with no success. You can find excellent products and some that you never buy again. The pasta sauces I have been happy with so far.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #809
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Wish I could find that site did a search with no success. You can find excellent products and some that you never buy again. The pasta sauces I have been happy with so far.
I found the site, but it's no longer publicly available. It's a Jewish site that has permission to disclose food sourcing for Kosher reasons. They gave me access to their site. It seems to be less thorough than I remember, but here are some Aldi vendors.

Milk - Dean's Foods provides Aldi milk to the KC area. It's part of their Dairy Pure line. No hormones, antibiotics, etc. http://dairypure.com/

Pie Crusts - Sara Lee

Baked goods - Cloverhill bakery http://www.cloverhill.com/

Breads including buns - http://www.lewisbakeries.net/

Snack foods (crackers/cookies, etc.) - Lance Foods http://www.lance.com/

Potato Chips all flavors - Uncle Ray's http://www.unclerays.com/

Tortilla Chips all flavors - Wyandot Snacks http://www.wyandotsnacks.com/

Breakfast cereals - Ralston, ConAgra

Cheese - Great Lakes Cheese http://www.greatlakescheese.com/

Salad Dressing - http://richelieufoods.com/

Deli meat - http://www.camecoinc.com/

Turkey ham - Hormel/Jennie-O

Breaded chicken breast and turkey bacon - Tyson

Last edited by Stewie; 12-17-2015 at 03:18 PM..
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #810
Ain't no relax!

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.