Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2023, 01:54 PM   #13591
You gotta kill a few people

Hmm, looks like my IRA is up 12% this year.

I’m a long way from retirement but I feel like I’d take that every year if given the option of that or the market.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 01:55 PM   #13592
You gotta kill a few people

It’s early but it looks like me finally taking the plunge and getting VOO was a good choice. At this point I wish I had gotten more.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 02:00 PM   #13593
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
NVDA is in the top ten things on earth that I love right now.
Down $5 today , bad investment Rainman
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2023, 02:56 PM   #13594
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
And this is why market timing seldom works. If you believed the fear, you sold at lows and staying in cash caused you to miss out on the past 6 months of gains.
Yeah, it's amazing. No one had the first half of this year being great.
This is expected to be the 3rd consecutive qtr of S&P earnings recession too. It's mostly energy dragging down what'd be a flat quarter otherwise.

Consumer discretionary is expected to be the best quarter at +27% yoy growth. If you take out just Amazon, it goes down to 6% for the whole rest of the group. The size of those big companies has become unreal. The NASDAQ 100 is supposed to rebalance today to lower the big tech companies weightings.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-14-2023, 04:04 PM   #13595
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Down $5 today , bad investment Rainman
Yeah, that hurt. Now I'm only up 550 percent on it.

Buy and hold is a great strategy for stocks that go up dramatically every year.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2023, 04:13 PM   #13596
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Yeah, that hurt. Now I'm only up 550 percent on it.

Buy and hold is a great strategy for stocks that go up dramatically every year.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2023, 04:14 PM   #13597
Fish are scared of me

I'll be giving my TSLY 10K investment update next week.
Old 07-14-2023, 04:24 PM   #13598
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
The only downside is that buy and hold is not a great strategy for stocks that go down every year, and I haven't figured out how to identify the risers and fallers ahead of time.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2023, 06:38 PM   #13599
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
Yeah, it's amazing. No one had the first half of this year being great.
This is expected to be the 3rd consecutive qtr of S&P earnings recession too. It's mostly energy dragging down what'd be a flat quarter otherwise.

Consumer discretionary is expected to be the best quarter at +27% yoy growth. If you take out just Amazon, it goes down to 6% for the whole rest of the group. The size of those big companies has become unreal. The NASDAQ 100 is supposed to rebalance today to lower the big tech companies weightings.
Yeah QQQ was down like a mother****er but it’s led the way up.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2023, 07:16 AM   #13600
Mod Team

Totaled my return of all my investment accounts from the December 2022 bottom.

Up 27% since then and highest my portfolio has every been.

Let’s go!!!!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 09:12 AM   #13601
Fish are scared of me

Quote:

Let’s go!!!!
It's hard to imagine after all the shit we've been through since Covid .That's great Lewdog!
Old 07-19-2023, 09:48 AM   #13602
Starter

Quote:

Let’s go!!!!
So have you reentered the market on some of your accounts that you were holding off on the past year or two?

Sold off a few stocks in the past week that I will be looking to reinvest. RCEL, WEAV, & ARAY have been on my watchlist, but struggling to pull the trigger on anything right now.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-19-2023, 08:13 PM   #13603
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
So have you reentered the market on some of your accounts that you were holding off on the past year or two?

Sold off a few stocks in the past week that I will be looking to reinvest. RCEL, WEAV, & ARAY have been on my watchlist, but struggling to pull the trigger on anything right now.
The only account I hold off on during down markets is my trading account, where I won't trade for months at a time. My trading account is only 10% of my total portfolio, though. The rest is dollar cost averaged into mostly ETFs and index funds between a 401k and ROTH IRA.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2023, 01:53 PM   #13604
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
Went with WEAV and sold off half the position today.
ACHR is the other one I've been watching the past two weeks, but hesitant to pull the trigger on. Waited too long on that. Maybe I'll go in on a pullback.

Anything interesting on anyone's watch list?
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-31-2023, 01:59 PM   #13605
MVP

Dish network is interesting. Deal with Amazon could really boost them.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.