Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:09 PM   #6031
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
DO NOT BUY CHINESE STOCKS

CHINA IS...ASSHOLE!
I know it's a growth market and all, but I'm not going to put my money into a country where the government can just decide to take it with no repercussions.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:16 PM   #6032
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I know it's a growth market and all, but I'm not going to put my money into a country where the government can just decide to take it with no repercussions.
The book Red Notice tells the story of how Bill Browder was one of the first Americans to look for investment opportunities in the post Soviet era of eastern Europe and Russia. It's a good story involving amazing investments and confrontations with dangerous oligarchs.

The Magnitsky Act was named after Browder's Russian attorney who was killed in Russian custody. It's also the law that ended up being discussed in the famous Trump Tower meeting involving Trump Jr., Kushner, and Manafort.

It was a good book. It's not political. It's half biography, half legal thriller.

Last edited by patteeu; 09-05-2020 at 03:21 PM..
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:18 PM   #6033
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
IDEX is china
NO!
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:19 PM   #6034
Mod Team

I’m up 40% in my BABA shares and have owned some for years. I’m a long term investor and I can’t say that about many companies.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:20 PM   #6035
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
The book Red Notice tells the story of how Bill Browder was one of the first Americans to look for investment opportunities in the post Soviet era of eastern Europe and Russia. It's a good story involving amazing investments and confrontations with dangerous oligarchs.
What's the ending to this story? Did he end up getting rich or is he languishing in a siberian prison?
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #6036
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
What's the ending to this story? Did he end up getting rich or is he languishing in a siberian prison?
I added to my post, but the answer to your question is that Browder lived to write the book (and I assume live a life of luxury), but some of his associates weren't so lucky.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:35 PM   #6037
TACO SALAD

I think Browder is the guy Russia throws random Interpol/criminal charges at from time to time.

Then France or wherever he's passing through has to pull his passport until they can confirm that he didn't kill 300,000 little Russian kids 10 years ago.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:37 PM   #6038
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Hearing this stuff, I think I will stay out of Russian Investments. I'll let you more adventurous guys try that.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:42 PM   #6039
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
NO!
Well, their business is in China
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2020, 04:22 PM   #6040
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
I think Browder is the guy Russia throws random Interpol/criminal charges at from time to time.

Then France or wherever he's passing through has to pull his passport until they can confirm that he didn't kill 300,000 little Russian kids 10 years ago.
That’s right. That’s what the title “red notice” is about.
Old 09-05-2020, 08:01 PM   #6041
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I’m up 40% in my BABA shares and have owned some for years. I’m a long term investor and I can’t say that about many companies.
What do you think about ANT- the new BABA spin off?
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:57 AM   #6042
He's Mahomie!

Quote:
DO NOT BUY CHINESE STOCKS

CHINA IS...ASSHOLE!
Agreed. But so is Amazon and Walmart for buying from China. I won't shop at any of these places on principle. But I will buy their stock cause Americans are lazy, cheap assholes too.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:19 AM   #6043
Fish are scared of me

Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:57 AM   #6044
MVP

Tesla at 345. Wow
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:02 AM   #6045
Andy Reid Supporter

Get this slump over with already so we can get back to gains please.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.