Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-08-2024, 06:19 AM   #2
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Good thread. My wife plans to retire in a couple of years. Her job is just too stressful. She will still have to find some other employment as I don't think we can afford to live on my income and her retirement.

Me, I figure unless I can work some magic, I probably have at least 10-12 more years before I can retire.

Most people that I have ever talked to about retirement are looking at what health care costs and/or when they are eligible for Medicare. We are both early 50s so Medicare will be awhile. But she can retire and I'll just add her to my healthcare. We both work for the same main entity, just different departments. So, the healthcare should remain the same for her.
That is great that you will be able to add her on to your insurance.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-09-2024, 05:19 PM   #3
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Good thread. My wife plans to retire in a couple of years. Her job is just too stressful. She will still have to find some other employment as I don't think we can afford to live on my income and her retirement.

Me, I figure unless I can work some magic, I probably have at least 10-12 more years before I can retire.

Most people that I have ever talked to about retirement are looking at what health care costs and/or when they are eligible for Medicare. We are both early 50s so Medicare will be awhile. But she can retire and I'll just add her to my healthcare. We both work for the same main entity, just different departments. So, the healthcare should remain the same for her.
yep, you can’t get on Medicare until you are 65. Married filing jointly you have a limit of $129K in income. Anything over that, you’ll have to pay part of the Medicare costs. Since I retired sooner than planned, I had a lot of income on my W2.

I'm paying close to $400 a month for Medicare A&B, G plan and a drugs plan. But when I get the new tax return for 2004 taxes, we should get that down to around $150 a month.

I had a good PPO plan. Still charged me $500 co-pays for MRI ‘s and Cat Scans. $60 for an office visit. I don’t have to pay those co-pays on Medicare. So that’s saving me more than chump change.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 05-09-2024 at 05:28 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 07:48 AM   #4
Starter

I'm pretty fascinated by people who could retire, but don't want to. I like what I do well enough, but if I could afford it, I'd never work again. I admire people who love what they do for a living, but it's a foreign concept to me.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 05-09-2024, 04:19 PM   #5
Supporter

Just under 5 months for my planned retirement. Question for those that have retired. Did you have any apprehension or second thoughts about turning in the paperwork and making it official? I have to give 1 month or more notice and sometimes I am feeling unsure about it.
TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-09-2024, 04:42 PM   #6
Red, White & Blue for the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx View Post
Just under 5 months for my planned retirement. Question for those that have retired. Did you have any apprehension or second thoughts about turning in the paperwork and making it official? I have to give 1 month or more notice and sometimes I am feeling unsure about it.
I'm not gonna lie, I had those types of thoughts last month. But, I'm prepared for retirement and decided that me and my family deserve the best that I have left. The job just kept getting more and more in the way of that goal. Bottom line - I've never heard anyone on their death bed say " I wish I had worked more". That statement alone made my decision for me.
KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.KC Dan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 05:17 AM   #7
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Dan View Post
I'm not gonna lie, I had those types of thoughts last month. But, I'm prepared for retirement and decided that me and my family deserve the best that I have left. The job just kept getting more and more in the way of that goal. Bottom line - I've never heard anyone on their death bed say " I wish I had worked more". That statement alone made my decision for me.
Excellent mentality....what time I do have left here on earth family deserves the best I have left.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Excellent mentality....what time I do have left here on earth family deserves the best I have left.
yeah, I’m adopting this mindset and put it in my signature.

So, I retired earlier than planned. I still can have a great retirement. I also gained a couple of years of not working. When you are 65, time is worth more than money.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:12 AM   #9
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx View Post
I had none...I ended up giving my company 18 months notice but part of that was because of some events that elongated my stay.. when I finally said enough is enough I gave them my final date and said get my replacement or else the position will be vacant.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #10
I am Number Six

Since retirement, I’ve taken over most of the cooking. Been trying new recipes. Some I like, some not so much. But, that’s part of the process.

Made Shepherd’s Pie tonight. Pretty good, but I can see some alterations I’m going to make the next time.

Lord knows I’m never going to be a threat to Gordon Ramsey or Bobby Flay, but maybe I’ll make the cooking these proud one of these days.
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.
Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM   #11
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan View Post
Since retirement, I’ve taken over most of the cooking. Been trying new recipes. Some I like, some not so much. But, that’s part of the process.

Made Shepherd’s Pie tonight. Pretty good, but I can see some alterations I’m going to make the next time.

Lord knows I’m never going to be a threat to Gordon Ramsey or Bobby Flay, but maybe I’ll make the cooking these proud one of these days.
Been doing that myself as much as possible...mostly the normal things...meatloaf, tacos, spaghetti and meatballs, baked chicken, etc. I am nowhere near as good as my wife but in the last month no one has had to go to the hospital.

Made a couple of cakes...both peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies....

But the hard stuff my wife is having to teach me.
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM   #12
You're not too far between

Not a frequent poster here, but retired a few weeks ago. I got a ton of info on YouTube, starting with this guy (https://www.youtube.com/@joekuhnlovesretirement), although he can be a bit repetitive. Once you start watching retirement videos, the YouTube algorithm will recommend more, some good, some folks just like to blather on. But overall, still a good resource.
andoman has disabled reputation
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoman View Post
Not a frequent poster here, but retired a few weeks ago. I got a ton of info on YouTube, starting with this guy (https://www.youtube.com/@joekuhnlovesretirement), although he can be a bit repetitive. Once you start watching retirement videos, the YouTube algorithm will recommend more, some good, some folks just like to blather on. But overall, still a good resource.
Looks good. Been watching a lot of you tube videos like these to get my education level where it needs to be to make educated decisions about all this retirement stuff.
Old Today, 12:36 AM   #14
Starter

I want to go back to work, it was a lot less work.
Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.Katie would the whole thing.