Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2023, 07:45 AM   #2
Here We Go Again

Looking at tour dates for Conan, sadly nothing even close to me, saw they were playing at Saint Vitus which made me think this thread needs some Saint Vitus.

lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 05:44 AM   #3
Here We Go Again

Ningen Isu is bad ass.

lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 07:51 PM   #4
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
Ningen Isu is bad ass.

Heck yeah! I discovered this band last year. Don't remember how... could have been a mention here on CP. I really like their stuff. Bad ass!
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2023, 07:58 PM   #5
Supporter

Thought this was a very cool acoustic version of Right In Two but Tool.

https://youtu.be/6E1DkgUNfBc
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-14-2023, 10:41 PM   #6
MVP

Just got back from Band-Maid. Hell of a show if you like hard rock.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:39 AM   #7
On one quarter

I love the stories in this thread.

I grew up listening to whatever my dad was listening to. So I heard a lot of The Righteous Brothers, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison and the Oak Ridge Boys. I owned a few records... Steve Martin - AWACG, The Empire Strikes Back, and The Smurfs All Star Show. My dad got me MJs Thriller album the day it came out. My dad loved showing off his Zenith turntable/console cabinet. Thriller was the album that allowed him to do that. We would have company over 3 nights a week and host Thriller listening sessions.

I listened to whatever rock was on the radio but, it was rarely hard and pretty much never heavy. I lived outside a small town so cable TV was never an option. Karate Kid came out and that was my favorite movie. I especially loved the tournament bout montage set to You're The Best Around. one night I had rented Karate Kid and a VCP. my dad came home late and brought home a VCR he had bought. I spent the night recording YRTBA repeatedly. I think I may have overdone it. I started to associate Ralph Maccio with good music.

Then, in early '86 the Crossroads movie came out. I made my mom take me to see it the first time I saw the trailer. I think it was a weekday night after my mom had worked a full shift at a hospital. and I made her drive 45 minutes and back to go see it. I must've really begged and pestered her. (I made it up to her yesterday, I took her to the early service and the late one at her church) I loved that movie and it inspired my first music purchase. I bought Robert Johnson: King of the Delta Blues on cassette. it was $3 IIRC. I collected some more blues tapes and enjoyed those a good bit. Buddy Guy greatest hits was the best tape out of those.

4 months later I was at church hanging out with a kid named Bob. he and I were both acolytes for the service. Bob was kind of a tough kid, he was 12 when I was 10, a little intimidating even tho he didnt mean to be. His older bother very brolic and he wore his battle vest to church every Sunday. I was scared of that dude. I figured he was a biker gang BAMF if hes wearing a jean jacket to church. really he was introverted because he was so massive and got treated as an adult before he was ready for it. Bob was constantly listening to his walkman and his brothers tapes. He took his earphones off once and I could barely hear music that really piqued my interest. I asked Bob what it was and he told me it was "Devil music"

"like Robert Johnson"?

Bob: "Who? probably not".

I told him something about hellhounds and then asked if I could listen to his walkman. he kept teasing me about it being evil, I cant handle it, yada yada. He relented and told me I could listen but he was going to press play and stop. I put the phones to my ears and I heard an amazing guitar riff once and then Ozzy sung Oh, yeah. Bob pressed stop. Then we did our duties for the service. Bob made me beg him to tell me the name of the tape. He just told me the name Black Sabbath. he wouldn't tell me the album nor the song, NIB. I went to the store that afternoon and bought the Sabbath debut album because it was $4.

I wore that tape out. I bet I listened to that tape for 1500 hours or more. I actually had to buy another cassette a couple years later because the sound had degraded from so much use. I bought all but one of the sabbath albums on tape and I bought them in chronological order. I skipped the Black Abbath Seventh Star album. it was double the price of the other albums. and the cover photo was depressing. it was a photo of Tony Iommi looking forlorn and gakked out, standing in the middle of a desert.

I started listening to Seventh Star last year and damned if it isnt my favorite Sabbath album now. Iommi just cant miss. I love the collaborations that Iommi did with Glenn Hughes too.
Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Fishpicker has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 07:43 AM   #8
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpicker View Post

I grew up listening to whatever my dad was listening to. So I heard a lot of The Righteous Brothers, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison and the Oak Ridge Boys. I owned a few records... Steve Martin - AWACG, The Empire Strikes Back, and The Smurfs All Star Show. My dad got me MJs Thriller album the day it came out. My dad loved showing off his Zenith turntable/console cabinet. Thriller was the album that allowed him to do that. We would have company over 3 nights a week and host Thriller listening sessions.

I listened to whatever rock was on the radio but, it was rarely hard and pretty much never heavy. I lived outside a small town so cable TV was never an option. Karate Kid came out and that was my favorite movie. I especially loved the tournament bout montage set to You're The Best Around. one night I had rented Karate Kid and a VCP. my dad came home late and brought home a VCR he had bought. I spent the night recording YRTBA repeatedly. I think I may have overdone it. I started to associate Ralph Maccio with good music.

Then, in early '86 the Crossroads movie came out. I made my mom take me to see it the first time I saw the trailer. I think it was a weekday night after my mom had worked a full shift at a hospital. and I made her drive 45 minutes and back to go see it. I must've really begged and pestered her. (I made it up to her yesterday, I took her to the early service and the late one at her church) I loved that movie and it inspired my first music purchase. I bought Robert Johnson: King of the Delta Blues on cassette. it was $3 IIRC. I collected some more blues tapes and enjoyed those a good bit. Buddy Guy greatest hits was the best tape out of those.

4 months later I was at church hanging out with a kid named Bob. he and I were both acolytes for the service. Bob was kind of a tough kid, he was 12 when I was 10, a little intimidating even tho he didnt mean to be. His older bother very brolic and he wore his battle vest to church every Sunday. I was scared of that dude. I figured he was a biker gang BAMF if hes wearing a jean jacket to church. really he was introverted because he was so massive and got treated as an adult before he was ready for it. Bob was constantly listening to his walkman and his brothers tapes. He took his earphones off once and I could barely hear music that really piqued my interest. I asked Bob what it was and he told me it was "Devil music"

"like Robert Johnson"?

Bob: "Who? probably not".

I told him something about hellhounds and then asked if I could listen to his walkman. he kept teasing me about it being evil, I cant handle it, yada yada. He relented and told me I could listen but he was going to press play and stop. I put the phones to my ears and I heard an amazing guitar riff once and then Ozzy sung Oh, yeah. Bob pressed stop. Then we did our duties for the service. Bob made me beg him to tell me the name of the tape. He just told me the name Black Sabbath. he wouldn't tell me the album nor the song, NIB. I went to the store that afternoon and bought the Sabbath debut album because it was $4.

I wore that tape out. I bet I listened to that tape for 1500 hours or more. I actually had to buy another cassette a couple years later because the sound had degraded from so much use. I bought all but one of the sabbath albums on tape and I bought them in chronological order. I skipped the Black Abbath Seventh Star album. it was double the price of the other albums. and the cover photo was depressing. it was a photo of Tony Iommi looking forlorn and gakked out, standing in the middle of a desert.

I started listening to Seventh Star last year and damned if it isnt my favorite Sabbath album now. Iommi just cant miss. I love the collaborations that Iommi did with Glenn Hughes too.
I grew up on my dad's music too. He was into heavy music (for the time) as well - Zeppelin, Hendrix, Deep Purple, stuff like that. So I was always leaning towards metal from the start.

As for Seventh Star, I love it too. It's a terribly underrated album. However, the biggest reason is because it really isn't actually a Sabbath album. Tony doesn't even consider it a Sabbath album - it was supposed to be his solo album but the record label (as often happened with Sabbath) intervened and basically forced him to put the Sabbath name on it.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2023, 07:55 AM   #9
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpicker View Post

I grew up listening to whatever my dad was listening to. So I heard a lot of The Righteous Brothers, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison and the Oak Ridge Boys.
This is very similar to my childhood home

My mom had an Oak Ridge Boys Christmas album she'd play every year
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2023, 08:01 AM   #10
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
This is very similar to my childhood home

My mom had an Oak Ridge Boys Christmas album she'd play every year
Yeah, my mom loved the Oak Ridge Boys and Elvis.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:31 AM   #11
Here We Go Again

Nevermore - Beyond Within

Old 05-15-2023, 01:42 PM   #12
MVP

Always a great show.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-16-2023, 07:30 AM   #13
'Tis my eye!

I had a system. If my parents wanted to hear the "heavy metal" I was listening to, I'd drop in some Stryper or Deliverance.
Old 05-16-2023, 09:31 AM   #14
In Mahomes I trust!

Another of my all-time Judas Priest favorites "The Sentinel"

"The figure stands expressionless
Impassive and alone
Unmoved by this victory
And the seeds of death he's sown"

Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-16-2023, 09:45 AM   #15
Needs more middle fingers

Wandered down the rabbit hole and landed on these guys last night.

ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.