Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #12436
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
peppers grown in the midwest rarely have the scoville rating as the charts suggest. I smoke the peppers for several hours and then dry them mellowing them further. Don't get me wrong they are hot but they also have a nice smoky flavor that adds a nice something extra to dishes that benefit from the flavor and heat. Remember a pan of lasagna would only have a smidgen's worth for the whole recipe.

If I was using fresh peppers I would M+P them into a paste and then incorporate into the sauce. The smoky flavor is the draw for me.
I'll bet using smoked mozzarella would be pretty tasty in a lasagna.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:09 PM   #12437
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I'll bet using smoked mozzarella would be pretty tasty in a lasagna.
Send me a couple of Lbs of home smoked Mozzarella and I will take pictures of the empty Pyrex pan so you know how good it was.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #12438
Consuming CP souls

Gas station burrito/coop
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:53 PM   #12439
pie is never free

Whats everyone doing for the big game?

Looking for some ideas here, rep to the winner
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:59 PM   #12440
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Beer can chicken with yardbird rub. Always easy, delicious and done in a couple hours.

Did 8 racks of ribs, an 8lb pork butt and 10lbs of bologna last weekend. Definitely not looking for that long of a cook this weekend
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:13 PM   #12441
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSponge View Post
Beer can chicken with yardbird rub. Always easy, delicious and done in a couple hours.

Did 8 racks of ribs, an 8lb pork butt and 10lbs of bologna last weekend. Definitely not looking for that long of a cook this weekend
Pork tenderloins are a great quick smoke. I suggest an OJ brine.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:41 PM   #12442
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSponge View Post

Hmm, that sounds like a potential winner right there

Serving some huge party with all that meat or what?

Yeah, 3pm central this sunday is no time to be jacking around with the smoker
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:03 PM   #12443
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball View Post
Gas station burrito/coop
The Bomb?
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:47 PM   #12444
MVP

Quote:
Hmm, that sounds like a potential winner right there

Serving some huge party with all that meat or what?

Yeah, 3pm central this sunday is no time to be jacking around with the smoker

Labor day get together.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:52 PM   #12445
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
Pork tenderloins are a great quick smoke. I suggest an OJ brine.
OJ brine makes sense. Does well with pork.

Going to make Milk and Orange braised carnitas sometime next week.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:12 PM   #12446
Ultrabanned

Quote:

Looking for some ideas here, rep to the winner
Making the most awesome French onion dip. Then doing a crockpot of pulled pork and beef chili for dinner. Cast iron corn bread. Summer sausage and cheese for snacking as well.

Good amount of vodka beforehand I'd guess. Might do a bloody ceasar.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:10 AM   #12447
Cheat Death

I'm doing a pulled smoked chicken today with an Alabama white sauce. Slaw and grilled corn on the cob.

I figured I'd use the leftover grilled corn and do an elote stuffed jalapeno popper. I'm thinking corn, mayo, cotija cheese, squeeze of lime, chili powder, wrapped in bacon and thrown on the smoker. Sweet from the corn, heat from the peno, and savory from the bacon, with a touch of smoke. Sounds like the perfect bite.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:09 AM   #12448
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I'm doing a pulled smoked chicken today with an Alabama white sauce. Slaw and grilled corn on the cob.

I figured I'd use the leftover grilled corn and do an elote stuffed jalapeno popper. I'm thinking corn, mayo, cotija cheese, squeeze of lime, chili powder, wrapped in bacon and thrown on the smoker. Sweet from the corn, heat from the peno, and savory from the bacon, with a touch of smoke. Sounds like the perfect bite.

Now that sounds good. How do you plan on smoking the chicken? Split or whole? What type of wood? Any rub? Seasoning under the skin?
Old 09-08-2018, 11:12 AM   #12449
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I'm just sayin'.... seems like you put that shit on everything.
I may not always seek out ghost peppers for everything, but very very very few Italian dishes, particularly those with a red sauce, including pizza and lasagna taste as good as they do after this

And I too vouch for sweet/hot as my favorite flavor combo in most situations.

All sorts of situations call for heat, at least for my tastes.

Burritos better with a hot salsa
Eggs better with Tabasco
Popcorn better with Scorpion Pepper Salt
Same for Mac'n'Cheese
The hotter the Indian food, the better
Same for Thai, Korean and Vietnamese
etc., etc.

Most all except for desserts and drinks.

Meat and Potatoes are fine with just savory and Maillard. Steak, Pot Roast, Shepherds Pie, etc. I don't need spice for those.

Chinese is good spicy [Szechuan], but also good just savory/garlicky [Lo Mein, Broccoli Beef, etc].

That's about all the exceptions.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 09-08-2018 at 11:20 AM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:14 AM   #12450
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
I may not always seek out ghost peppers for everything, but very very very few Italian dishes, particularly those with a red sauce, including pizza and lasagna taste as good as they do after this

And I too vouch for sweet/hot as my favorite flavor combo in most situations.
I love me some crushed red. Big fan of calabrian flakes and Aleppo, too.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.