Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:09 AM   #2536
MVP

Most think McKonkey can play outside? I don't see why he couldn't but I know that's been a topic of discussion.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:10 AM   #2537
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Most think McKonkey can play outside? I don't see why he couldn't but I know that's been a topic of discussion.
Yea, he can definitely play outside and inside.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:15 AM   #2538
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
That's what I came away thinking a few weeks ago but I know there was some discourse here that he's just a juiced up Skyy Moore. But a juiced up Skyy Moore wouldn't be a Skyy Moore at all would it?
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:17 AM   #2539
In Search of a Life

Quote:
That's what I came away thinking a few weeks ago but I know there was some discourse here that he's just a juiced up Skyy Moore. But a juiced up Skyy Moore wouldn't be a Skyy Moore at all would it?
I don't think that's a fair comparison at all, but I think it will be a common one in the Lounge if the Chiefs draft him.

His athletic profile is much closer to guys like Olave and Wilson, while his production was really good (when healthy) in the SEC in a run first offense. Totally different prospect than Skyy in that aspect.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:21 AM   #2540
MVP

Quote:
I don't think that's a fair comparison at all, but I think it will be a common one in the Lounge if the Chiefs draft him.

His athletic profile is much closer to guys like Olave and Wilson, while his production was really good (when healthy) in the SEC in a run first offense. Totally different prospect than Skyy in that aspect.
He looks a lot more explosive that Skyy ever has, off the line, in his breaks basially all across the board. I admit I talked myself into Skyy after the fact but I like what Ladd shows more now that what Skyy has ever shown, pre draft or otherwise.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:26 AM   #2541
In Search of a Life

Quote:
He looks a lot more explosive that Skyy ever has, off the line, in his breaks basially all across the board. I admit I talked myself into Skyy after the fact but I like what Ladd shows more now that what Skyy has ever shown, pre draft or otherwise.
Yea, Ladd is objectively just a much better prospect, and that's coming from somebody who liked Skyy before we drafted him.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 11:04 AM   #2542
MVP

Quote:
Yea, Ladd is objectively just a much better prospect, and that's coming from somebody who liked Skyy before we drafted him.
I let Steve Smith talk me into Skyy Moore. I'm not listening to him anymore.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:01 PM   #2543
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
If you wanted to argue in his favor, he's not physically all that dissimilar from Jordan Addison.

But man, you have to worry about the production or lack thereof when you have Dominic Lovett out there putting up better numbers.

And I understand that they don't throw the ball a ton and UGA can suppress WR production a bit. There's a reason that Burton and Mitchell both left. But at a point, if you have a 'dude' you get him the ball and the production will follow.

It's back to the Christian Watson discussion from a couple years back. More often than not when you start arguing about what a guy COULD have done, you're going to roll snake-eyes. And Watson's been passed on the depth chart by Jayden Reed - a guy who put up a 1,000 yard season in college. He produced. And then as a rookie 2nd rounder was better than Watson.

I get awfully wary about that sort of thing in the 1st round.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:04 PM   #2544

Quote:
I hated Skyy (as you are well aware).

I don't hate McConkey. I just like others better.

Like I said, he reminds me a lot of FAU in that regard. I didn't have much negative to say about Felix, just not a lot of positives. And I was confident other guys would be better players though I thought FAU could develop into a solid one in his own right.

I'm not here to bury him, nor am I here to praise him. I just think we're ignoring some things here - mostly the depth of the class and the fact that I don't think he's a better prospect than probably 3-4 guys likely to be there at 64.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 12:34 PM   #2545
In Search of a Life

The comparison you're making here with FAU for you is funny, because like FAU, I will maintain that it's very unlikely that he's the top player on my board at 32.

Even in the "call your shot" thread where I predicted we'd take FAU, I said he likely wouldn't be the top player on my board.

But just like with FAU, I think there's a solid chance that McConkey's the top player on the Chiefs board at 32. I'm not as confident (don't think McConkey will be my pick this year for that thread), but very similar in that aspect.
Old 04-10-2024, 12:40 PM   #2546

Quote:
The comparison you're making here with FAU for you is funny, because like FAU, I will maintain that it's very unlikely that he's the top player on my board at 32.

Even in the "call your shot" thread where I predicted we'd take FAU, I said he likely wouldn't be the top player on my board.

But just like with FAU, I think there's a solid chance that McConkey's the top player on the Chiefs board at 32. I'm not as confident (don't think McConkey will be my pick this year for that thread), but very similar in that aspect.
Yeah - that's exactly why I made the comparison because I think we were in lockstep on FAU last year. And even at the position in question, he wasn't my top guy (just as McConkey almost certainly won't be for me this year).

Though I think you're higher on McConkey within his position group than I am and probably higher on him within his group than you were on FAU within his. If we were married to DE last year, my memory was you'd have still gone with a different player. If we're married to WR in this draft, I think there's a better chance that he's your top WR on the board. He probably wouldn't be on mine (definitely wouldn't be, in fact, because Walker isn't going in 1 and I would rather have Walker than McConkey).
Old 04-10-2024, 12:53 PM   #2547
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah - that's exactly why I made the comparison because I think we were in lockstep on FAU last year. And even at the position in question, he wasn't my top guy (just as McConkey almost certainly won't be for me this year).

Though I think you're higher on McConkey within his position group than I am and probably higher on him within his group than you were on FAU within his. If we were married to DE last year, my memory was you'd have still gone with a different player. If we're married to WR in this draft, I think there's a better chance that he's your top WR on the board. He probably wouldn't be on mine (definitely wouldn't be, in fact, because Walker isn't going in 1 and I would rather have Walker than McConkey).
It's actually the opposite.

FAU was my top EDGE available, but he and Hall/Ojulari/White were all in that same tier for me.

With McConkey, he'll likely be in that same top tier of remaining WRs, but I think it's unlikely that he's my top WR available. I'd have Worthy and probably Franklin too ahead of him for example.
Old 04-10-2024, 02:20 PM   #2548
Andy Reid Supporter

Let’s do a fun experiment. Say the Chiefs get their guy at LT in the first rd and the following WR’s are off the board by pick 55:

MHJ
Nabers
Odunze
BTJ
Mitchell
Worthy
McConkey
Franklin
Leggette
Polk
Pearsall

What’s your board look like? For me I’m thinking Jalen McMillan, Roman Wilson and Javon Baker are my top options
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-10-2024, 02:54 PM   #2549

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Let’s do a fun experiment. Say the Chiefs get their guy at LT in the first rd and the following WR’s are off the board by pick 55:

MHJ
Nabers
Odunze
BTJ
Mitchell
Worthy
McConkey
Franklin
Leggette
Polk
Pearsall

What’s your board look like? For me I’m thinking Jalen McMillan, Roman Wilson and Javon Baker are my top options
Walker
Wilson
McMillan
Burton
Coleman
Baker
Corley
Old 04-10-2024, 03:36 PM   #2550
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

MHJ
Nabers
Odunze
BTJ
Mitchell
Worthy
McConkey
Franklin
Leggette
Polk
Pearsall

It'll trigger an equally fun experiment of me vomiting all over my living room...
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.