Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:47 PM   #1546
In Search of a Life

I really like Javon Baker from UCF. He looks like a guy that will be a steal due to a loaded WR class.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:26 AM   #1547
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I really like Javon Baker from UCF. He looks like a guy that will be a steal due to a loaded WR class.
I am going crazy waiting for the combine to kick in. I really want to see what Baker runs.

I can't stop watching highlights, etc, and now I am sure that I would take Brian Thomas Jr. over Franklin if they were both there at 32.

I would move up for Thomas Jr. if he gets into the 20s.

But, I am also nearly positive that Thomas Jr. isn't making it into the 20s. He isn't as fast (just my eyes) as Franklin, but his releases are better I think, and he while he can run away from people, he does a lot of the work before the pass is even thrown. I think he is better than Franklin manipulating defenders, reading leverage, etc.

I am not bashing Franklin, because I would love for him to be a Chief, but today I think Thomas Jr. is better.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-29-2024, 02:05 AM   #1548
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I am going crazy waiting for the combine to kick in. I really want to see what Baker runs.

I can't stop watching highlights, etc, and now I am sure that I would take Brian Thomas Jr. over Franklin if they were both there at 32.

I would move up for Thomas Jr. if he gets into the 20s.

But, I am also nearly positive that Thomas Jr. isn't making it into the 20s. He isn't as fast (just my eyes) as Franklin, but his releases are better I think, and he while he can run away from people, he does a lot of the work before the pass is even thrown. I think he is better than Franklin manipulating defenders, reading leverage, etc.

I am not bashing Franklin, because I would love for him to be a Chief, but today I think Thomas Jr. is better.
Those are the areas Franklin needs to improve I agree, but I really like his releases.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:00 AM   #1549
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Those are the areas Franklin needs to improve I agree, but I really like his releases.
Man, I have liked Franklin for a couple of years. Brian Thomas Jr. kinda came out of nowhere for me. I knew he was good, had all the TD catches, but I thought maybe Nabers got all the attention, so Thomas was usually matched up with the lesser corner, etc.

And while that is a little true, I think he can embarrass any corner with his release and get off. And while he doesn't look as fast as Franklin, he strides out and accelerates with a great sense of timing.

I would be thrilled to have any of the top receivers. I know that we can't get the big 3, but I have seen a couple of mocks by the young draft analysts that do the ESPN podcast, and I am high and can't remember the other two I saw, but they have projected Coleman, Thomas Jr. or Franklin to fall to 32. One had Coleman falling, one had Franklin falling, and one even had Thomas Jr. falling.

If we drafted Coleman, Franklin, Thomas Jr., or Worthy at 32, I would be so damn happy. AD Mitchell would be a notch below, but it wouldn't make me mad at 32, unless Coleman, BTJ or Franklin was available and we took Mitchell instead. Then it would piss me off.

If we waited until round 2, I would be happy with AD Mitchell, McConkey, Legette, Polk, or Corley.

My prefence, though, is for a big receiver. I dream of Mahomes being able to throw a jump ball knowing we have a stud that is going to snatch the ****ing ball out of the air.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 06:29 AM   #1550
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
Man, I have liked Franklin for a couple of years. Brian Thomas Jr. kinda came out of nowhere for me. I knew he was good, had all the TD catches, but I thought maybe Nabers got all the attention, so Thomas was usually matched up with the lesser corner, etc.

And while that is a little true, I think he can embarrass any corner with his release and get off. And while he doesn't look as fast as Franklin, he strides out and accelerates with a great sense of timing.

I would be thrilled to have any of the top receivers. I know that we can't get the big 3, but I have seen a couple of mocks by the young draft analysts that do the ESPN podcast, and I am high and can't remember the other two I saw, but they have projected Coleman, Thomas Jr. or Franklin to fall to 32. One had Coleman falling, one had Franklin falling, and one even had Thomas Jr. falling.

If we drafted Coleman, Franklin, Thomas Jr., or Worthy at 32, I would be so damn happy. AD Mitchell would be a notch below, but it wouldn't make me mad at 32, unless Coleman, BTJ or Franklin was available and we took Mitchell instead. Then it would piss me off.

If we waited until round 2, I would be happy with AD Mitchell, McConkey, Legette, Polk, or Corley.

My prefence, though, is for a big receiver. I dream of Mahomes being able to throw a jump ball knowing we have a stud that is going to snatch the ****ing ball out of the air.

You want an Alpha WR.

As I said, welcome.

We have t-shirts.

https://www.canva.com/design/DAF-HGs..._source=editor
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 07:38 AM   #1551
In Search of a Life

Chiefs don’t throw jump balls.

Need guys that get open.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:29 AM   #1552
In Search of a Life

If I want a big physical WR, Rice would be my pick later in the draft.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 09:13 AM   #1553
MVP

Doesnt baker have character concerns? Is it just the blowing kisses to coaches while he runs by them or more serious stuff?
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-29-2024, 11:07 AM   #1554
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Doesnt baker have character concerns? Is it just the blowing kisses to coaches while he runs by them or more serious stuff?
We're putting together a football team not a play date for your toddler.

**** your minor character concerns! Look at these fools in the NFL parading around after their TDs with pre-planned cheerleading routines. You guys will hang on any minor "character concern" like the kid went and shot up a local mall or something. One kid talks trash, the other celebrates when he wins, come'on!
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 11:12 AM   #1555
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
We're putting together a football team not a play date for your toddler.

**** your minor character concerns! Look at these fools in the NFL parading around after their TDs with pre-planned cheerleading routines. You guys will hang on any minor "character concern" like the kid went and shot up a local mall or something. One kid talks trash, the other celebrates when he wins, come'on!
{looks at Kadarius Toney situation again}

Okay - maybe put a little time into investigating 'character concerns'...

The Right 53 is bullshit. Don't do that. But the league is littered with idiots and malcontents who absolutely refused to get out of their own way.

It's not something to completely disregard, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 11:56 AM   #1556
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
{looks at Kadarius Toney situation again}

Okay - maybe put a little time into investigating 'character concerns'...

The Right 53 is bullshit. Don't do that. But the league is littered with idiots and malcontents who absolutely refused to get out of their own way.

It's not something to completely disregard, IMO.
Tony literally shot up a local baseball diamond! lol HE WAS AND IS A CHARACTER CONCEN! lol ok, ok, he didn't fire any shots but he intimidated a bunch of dudes with an AK by rolling up on them and chasing them off the field. THAT SHITS CRAY! lol
Old 02-29-2024, 12:52 PM   #1557
Veteran

Speaking of crazy. Which WRs do you see as the riskiest or have the lowest floor with draft position in mind?
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 01:26 PM   #1558
MVP

ALSO regarding character concerns... Let's not forget Travis Kelce was suspended for an entire season in college.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:27 PM   #1559
MVP

I'm watching Keshawn right now say "You can't have a team of choir boys and expect to win in pro football. You gotta have a little edge out there."
Old 02-29-2024, 01:42 PM   #1560
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
Speaking of crazy. Which WRs do you see as the riskiest or have the lowest floor with draft position in mind?
BTJr, Xavier Worthy
wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.