Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:28 PM   #1771
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
So I have been trying to get more into fish. It's relatively cheap and a good source of lean protein. I usually stick with Tilapia, Cod and Swai fillets and just pan fry them.

I have never been much into Salmon but I also have never really cooked it myself. I bought a 1 lb Sockeye Salmon fillet with the skin on today. What's the best way to cook this? Skin left on, grill/broil, sauce?

Thanks
I dont get to fancy just brush with butter, salt and Old Bay Black. Out on the grill in foil loosely open. I use a smoke box. I like that way so I have never bothered to buy the fish grate or the wood smoke planks. If it has skin I fillet it off.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:30 PM   #1772
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Thanks, I have had a bit of practice. It's the cracker style crust the gives me fits, makes me want a dough sheeter.

Seriously, well done. I'm envious.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:31 PM   #1773
Politically Incorrect

I cooked Mrs T's classic onion pierogies. They were excellent. They haven't changed their formula or size, unlike stupid Celentano Ravioli's who put so little cheese in them anymore they suck.

Boiled them first for about 7 minutes then quickly stuck them in a non-stick pan with very little oil and pan fried them for crispy exterior. Had sauteed onions and butter to add when finished.

I'll go with Mrs T's Pierogies when I'm in the mood for a filled pasta dumpling.

scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:54 PM   #1774
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
My wife really likes Teriyaki

I usually marinade in this:

and grill medium....

Oddly it also tastes pretty good with a little BBQ sauce glazed on it after marinading in the soy vey.

You can just do lemon and butter with salmon too, but thats pretty boring....

Dill is also good.....

Smoking it for dips and spreads is also the BOMB. We used to eat a lot of salmon....

(yes I would leave the skin on and grill...slow/medium....even covered in tinfoil.....)
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Can't really go wrong lew, grill, bake, skillet etc.

I like to bake it. I've got a good sweet mustard sauce for salmon, I'll see if I can find it
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I dont get to fancy just brush with butter, salt and Old Bay Black. Out on the grill in foil loosely open. I use a smoke box. I like that way so I have never bothered to buy the fish grate or the wood smoke planks. If it has skin I fillet it off.
Thanks ladies.

I took the 1 lb fillet and cut in half. First time was a teriyaki marinade that was really good. Second time was olive oil and old bay seasoning with some garlic powder. Good as well.

Mustard sauce sounds interesting, Ocity. I once had a friend make it with some sort of orange glaze. It was really tasty that way too. Not sure what he did.

Easy 4 minutes a side in the cast iron and it cooked up very nicely. I even enjoyed eating the skin!

Can't believe I have been missing out on quality protein that is super easy to cook.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:56 PM   #1775
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I cooked Mrs T's classic onion pierogies. They were excellent. They haven't changed their formula or size, unlike stupid Celentano Ravioli's who put so little cheese in them anymore they suck.

Boiled them first for about 7 minutes then quickly stuck them in a non-stick pan with very little oil and pan fried them for crispy exterior. Had sauteed onions and butter to add when finished.

I'll go with Mrs T's Pierogies when I'm in the mood for a filled pasta dumpling.

Those are a favorite in the Lewdog household as well! We like the cheese ones. Fantastic eating actually.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:30 PM   #1776
I like Pie!

Tilapia I did a while back and was very good;

One egg scrambled
Flour seasoned
Club crackers run through food processer

Dip Tilapia in egg wash, flour, egg wash, cracker crumbs.
Pan fry in butter, top with a sprinkle of cheese.

Dipping sauce not shown;
Mix Thousand island dressing, Aldi horsey sauce, worcestershier, mustard and crack black pepper.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	000_0007.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	111792  

Last edited by Buzz; 02-28-2016 at 08:37 PM..
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:46 PM   #1777
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Tilapia I did a while back and was very good;

One egg scrambled
Flour seasoned
Club crackers run through food processer

Dip Tilapia in egg wash, flour, egg wash, cracker crumbs.
Pan fry in butter, top with a sprinkle of cheese.

Dipping sauce not shown;
Mix Thousand island dressing, Aldi horsey sauce, worcestershier, mustard and crack black pepper.
Nice looking plate.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:53 PM   #1778
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Those are a favorite in the Lewdog household as well! We like the cheese ones. Fantastic eating actually.
I trust your judgement.

Best frozen or fresh ravioli?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:00 PM   #1779
I like Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
Nice looking plate.

Thanks, the wife really liked it, overheard her telling her mom how good it was. I'm going to have to try it again.
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:03 PM   #1780
Mod Team

Quote:
I trust your judgement.

Best frozen or fresh ravioli?
Is that a serious question?

For frozen pierogies, Mrs. T's are the best though.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:44 PM   #1781
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Is that a serious question?

For frozen pierogies, Mrs. T's are the best though.
Very serious.

Pierogis are Polish dumplings, I'm looking for Italian Ravioli's. Celentano has gone down the tubes in quality
Old 02-29-2016, 03:32 PM   #1782
Mod Team

Quote:
Very serious.

Pierogis are Polish dumplings, I'm looking for Italian Ravioli's. Celentano has gone down the tubes in quality
I know nothing of Italian Ravioli's.

I just know I like Pierogis.

I am sorry.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:39 PM   #1783
Banned

i want buzz to cook me a meal one of these days
RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:44 PM   #1784
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBlake View Post
i want buzz to cook me a meal one of these days

I would like Buzz to show me how he handles his dough. #nohomo
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:33 PM   #1785
pie is never free

Panko breaded fried boneless pork chops, with the ever delicious Cavenders seasoning

Fresh asparagus

Baked potato

Simple to make, but delicious
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.