Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 06-24-2020, 05:13 PM  
It was not a fair catch

They want to remake Twister.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/t...al-1234648589/

Is nothing sacred anymore? Has Hollywood officially run out of ideas? This is blasphemy!!!!

Time to boycott, protest and cancel. Riot. Loot the streets. Burn down the movie theater.

#dontrebootTWISTER

**** no.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:41 PM   #16
Veteran

, Bill Paxton is rolling over in his grave smh
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:11 PM   #17
sorta mod-ish

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:17 PM   #18
Ain't no relax!

Only if Helen Hunt shows her tits this time... Like flapping in the tornado wind...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:20 PM   #19
Ain't no relax!

Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2020, 04:25 AM   #20
Cheaterlover*

There are many moves which IMO do not age well with time. I watch movies I loved when younger, like "Ghostbusters" and "Backdraft" and "Top Gun", and just find them kinda ****ing stupid now. "Twister" goes into that category. Loved it when I first saw it. Now I realize it's just filled with stupid hokey unbelievable dialogue and more unbelievable effects.

Hollywood has definitely jumped the shark with remakes. At this point they're remaking remakes that were remakes of remakes. If they're going to keep this shit up, at least pick better starting points.
JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.JD10367 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 05:10 AM   #21
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

The most unrealistic thing about Twister is any man picking Helen Hunt over Jamie Gertz.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:14 AM   #22
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
The most unrealistic thing about Twister is any man picking Helen Hunt over Jamie Gertz.
No kidding.

While I always found Hunt to be cute, Gertz is a total smoke show.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:22 AM   #23
Veteran

At some point, someone has to make it STOP! If I recall, the trailer had several scenes that weren't even in the movie. And the final scene where they are in a barn full of pointy tools was just dumb.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:58 AM   #24
Settle this once and forever

I don't mind a remake, honestly. The issue is most remakes are shit.

Off the top of my head, I enjoyed the recent-ish Dredd, Total Recall, Robocop, and Pet Sematary remakes because they were decent.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:02 AM   #25
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I don't mind a remake, honestly. The issue is most remakes are shit.

Off the top of my head, I enjoyed the recent-ish Dredd, Total Recall, Robocop, and Pet Sematary remakes because they were decent.
I didn't even know there was a Total Recall remake. Is it good or like so bad it's good?
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:14 AM   #26
Settle this once and forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
I didn't even know there was a Total Recall remake. Is it good or like so bad it's good?
YMMV, but I liked it because I thought it was decent. Maybe I was going into it with such low expectations that it pleasantly surprised me, idk.

It's got Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale (yum), and Jessica Biel. You should definitely check it out if you're a fan of the original.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:14 AM   #27
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN47 View Post
I think in light of current events, they should remake Them! about giant mutant ants. I’d pay to see that.
Or BUG (1975 or 76) that was a wild ride

As for a Twister remake, the problem out of the gate is there have been countless natural/global disaster movies since then, each trying excessively to top the special effects of its predecessor.

So the director, writers and digi efx artists of the remake face the challenge of re-creating the original's awe of the tornados and devastation as well as the overall tension and adrenaline rush of chasing them.

Last edited by SAGA45; 06-25-2020 at 08:25 AM..
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:34 AM   #28
My work speaks for itself!!!

For anyone who made it to Universal Florida - the twister attraction was better than the film.

and maybe on remaking "They Live"......but only if they leave in the 12 minute fight scene!
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:39 AM   #29
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
For anyone who made it to Universal Florida - the twister attraction was better than the film.

and maybe on remaking "They Live"......but only if they leave in the 12 minute fight scene!
I never got to see the Twister attraction. Many people made fun of the Paxton into. Looked bad.

I wanted to buy the Dorothy from Universal-it was on ebay. It went for 2700 bucks.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:58 AM   #30
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJasonp View Post
That was a lot of fun. The ending was great!
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.