Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Old 06-01-2020, 05:59 PM  
www.nfl-forecast.com

RIP Christo and Pat Dye

Christo

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/ch...ead/index.html

Pat Dye
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/us/pa...rnd/index.html

A lot of people passing these days. Hard to keep up.

Coincidentally, I saw the Christo pyramid installation shown in the link in London in 2018. Very cool to see in person. I also met him and had him sign his book. I had been using my photo of it as my Zoom background the last few days and this morning someone told me of his death. Incidentally, he had a big installation (wrapped sidewalks) in KC in the 1970s.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:59 PM   #2
Fight, build, win!

RIP to both.

The engineering firm I worked for at the time volunteered of surveying services to Christo and the KC Parks and rec. I was an Instrument operator at the time. That is the person everyone comes up to talk with and ask are you taking pictures. I didn't know Christo from Adam but here comes this dark haired waifish dude my way. Like all he asked if he could look through the theodolite. He then asked if he could get some topographic information in a specific area. He introduced himself shook my hand and I directed him to my Party Chief a few hundred feet down the walk.

Jacob Loose Park wrapped sidewalks KCMO.
https://christojeanneclaude.net/mobi...pped-walk-ways

srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:03 PM   #3
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

He did a big canyon out west somewhere once. I don't remember if it was Colorado or one of our neighbor states. That was before he covered Pat Dye in fabric, I bet.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:25 PM   #4
Elway be drinkin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
He did a big canyon out west somewhere once. I don't remember if it was Colorado or one of our neighbor states. That was before he covered Pat Dye in fabric, I bet.
I think he abandoned doing "over the river" in Colorado on the Arkansas river
in 2017
blamed it on Trump "the new landlord"

There was an opposition group call ROAR.....Rags Over Arkansas River

Last edited by Shiver Me Timbers; 06-01-2020 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: or some sort shit
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:27 PM   #5
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post
I think he abandoned doing "over the river" in Colorado on the Arkansas river
in 2017
blamed it on Trump "the new landlord"
I thought he did something earlier than that.

I vaguely remember something about the Arkansas River now that you mention it. To be honest, I wasn't a fan. I tend to prefer outdoor scenery over fabric. But maybe that's why I'm not an artist.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:37 PM   #6
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I thought he did something earlier than that.

I vaguely remember something about the Arkansas River now that you mention it. To be honest, I wasn't a fan. I tend to prefer outdoor scenery over fabric. But maybe that's why I'm not an artist.

"Valley Curtain" (1970-1972) in Rifle, Colorado.

I bet you appreciate raw outdoor scenery more now that you have seen it wrapped in fabric. If that's the case, the artist has served his purpose.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:44 PM   #7
Elway be drinkin' again

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post

I bet you appreciate raw outdoor scenery more now that you have seen it wrapped in fabric. If that's the case, the artist has served his purpose.
LOL
I forgot about that. I was too young to remember it being a thing. But do now remember reading about it when he was getting blocked by ROAR
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-01-2020, 09:26 PM   #8
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers View Post
LOL
I forgot about that. I was too young to remember it being a thing. But do now remember reading about it when he was getting blocked by ROAR

That's the one I was thinking of! And yeah, it makes me realize that it's really nice to see wilderness unwrapped.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:22 PM   #9
Changes pants while driving

Dude was ahead of his time. Covering up sidewalks to protect them from Covid-19.
ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.ping2000 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:02 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ping2000 View Post
Dude was ahead of his time. Covering up sidewalks to protect them from Covid-19.
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:21 AM   #11
I'm with the banned.

Christo's life and work was one of the greatest long cons ever.
ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.ClevelandBronco is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:47 AM   #12
Banned

I was in Bakersfield when he did the umbrella's along the Grapevine thing. I managed a car rental branch and we rented his crew a couple of passenger vans. He left us one of his sketches of the piece.

First day they opened the umbrellas, wind took one off and killed a guy. Then it was over.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 06:05 AM   #13
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ping2000 View Post
I actually got to meet him at the Swope Park project and got a spike and a chunk of fabric.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote