Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 11-09-2017, 11:07 PM  
Ain't no relax!

Youtube.TV

Anybody else using this?

I just switched over from SlingTV to YoutubeTV. Seems great so far. Offers NBC, which Sling annoyingly didn't and the main reason I switched. Also FS1. But not sure if that means Royals games. ESPN. All the normal stations plus cable stuff like Discovery, Syfy, History, NG, etc.

Interface is infinitely better. Ability to pause no matter what. I'm really liking this so far.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:15 AM   #46
Mahomes Dynasty

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hole Lee Shiiiiiiiiiit.....

#justice4johnny #illegalheadkick

CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:12 AM   #47
Supporter

Lol
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2018, 03:00 PM   #48
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
The streaming quality is mostly 1080p 30fps with sports channels like ESPN are at 720p 60fps. Finding it better than my traditional cable service, Spectrum, which still shows signs of artifacting from compression.
So I signed up for my free month trial which part way through the process turned into a 7 day free trial. Whatever.

I recorded an ESPN college basketball game this morning as an experiment. When I played it back, the highest quality I could get was 480p.

Basketball on a 60" TV in 480p.

I went through the settings and didn't see anything. Was this probably a one-off or am I missing something?

I'm watching from Google's Chrome browser on my desktop. My desktop is connected directly to my surround sound unit with HDMI. And the TV is also directly connected to the surround sound with HDMI. I don't have any problems streaming 1080 movies with this setup.

Outside of the 480 issue, everything else from frame rate to jumping forward through commercials was very good. Much better than my experience with the slider bar on the ESPN rewatch or my experience streaming live from an XFINITY account.

Last edited by Chief Pagan; 02-24-2018 at 03:09 PM..
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #49

So I tried this from a different computer. From a windows 10 pc plugged into a 4k monitor with display port, I get 720.

From the old windows 7 desktop plugged into the surround sound with HDMI to the 60" TV, I only get 480p.

What a nuisance.

It is Windows 7 but it is certainly capable of supporting 1080/60 let alone 720/60. I did a speed test and got 90 Mbs on the Windows 7 machine. I'm using Chrome on both machines and both machines are up to date.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Would buying a chrome plugin likely make any difference?

I like the Windows 7 media center because I can DVR over the air broadcast and I have a remote that I can use to fast forward. The last time I checked, Windows 10 didn't support over the air recording with a remote for playback. But would going to Windows 10 but leaving the same HDMI hookups likely work?

Update:

Changing the settings on my computer from 1080 to 720 allowed me to watch youtube TV at 720 60. Weird, but I will take it.

Last edited by Chief Pagan; 02-25-2018 at 04:57 PM..
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:49 PM   #50
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Did the 7 day trial. Gladly dropping sling for it.
Posted via Mobile Device
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:51 PM   #51
Most Valuable Villain

Can you not use it on Fire TV?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:13 PM   #52
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
Can you not use it on Fire TV?
Google and Amazon are at war right now.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:00 PM
Chief Pagan
This message has been deleted by Chief Pagan. Reason: problem solved
Old 03-05-2018, 05:20 PM   #53

Anyone using the DVR function with Chrome on a desktop/laptop to watch games on ESPN?

When I try to use the slider bar, to skip commercials, or the 15 second advance, about every third or fourth time the player locks up and I have to reload the web page to get things working.

So ESPN is at 720 and 60 frames. Watching live, or playing back a game works great while it is streaming. Picture quality is great. I don't notice any freezes or artifacts. But skipping forward causes it to occasionally freeze. Wondering if anyone else was experiencing this. It's too bad. In addition to skipping commercials, for a basketball game that I am only semi-interested in, I would like to use the 15 second advance to skip free throws and other breaks in the action. But doing this causes too many freezes to make it worthwhile.

I get this on two different computers. My old Windows 7 and new Windows 10 desktops.

I tried watching some NHL on NBCsn. It has the option of 1080 (or 720) but only at 30 frames. When the players are standing around before the puck drops, they look great. As soon as the action starts and they are flying around the ice, it looks bad. Like a really crappy video game bad. NBCsn does a lot of hockey. Hockey at 30 frames looks bad. I didn't have any problems skipping forward with the slider bar or 15 second jump (so there is that), but I decided it wasn't worth watching unless/until they have a 720 60 option.
Old 03-05-2018, 05:29 PM   #54
Ain't no relax!

I've never noticed that issue. I skip around a lot. The only issue I've seen is if I pause the stream for longer than a couple minutes. It sometimes fails to start back up again, and I have to refresh the page. It always goes right back to the same spot, so it's not that big of a deal.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:42 PM   #55
Ain't no relax!

FYI... big news....

Youtube TV is now available on Amazon Fire devices. The interface works really well. HD quality.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:18 AM   #56
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
FYI... big news....

Youtube TV is now available on Amazon Fire devices. The interface works really well. HD quality.
That is fantastic news!
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:21 AM   #57
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I'm a big fan and yes, putting it on the FireStick was huge.

That said, it sounds like I might be losing FX - I saw that they recently announced that it will be 'moving to Hulu for streaming services...'

I sure hope that doesn't mean it will be removed from Youtube.TV but it kinda sounds like it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:52 AM   #58
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'm a big fan and yes, putting it on the FireStick was huge.

That said, it sounds like I might be losing FX - I saw that they recently announced that it will be 'moving to Hulu for streaming services...'

I sure hope that doesn't mean it will be removed from Youtube.TV but it kinda sounds like it.
I believe you're thinking of the current fight between Disney and Dish Network. Disney bought Fox. Their contract with Dish expired, and it looks like Disney might remove FX and NatGeo from Dish/SlingTV. I haven't seen anything involving Disney/FX and YoutubeTV though...
Old 11-08-2019, 01:55 PM   #59
Plays to win the game!

Yeah, we use Youtube TV, it's really good for recording those shows you never get to watch with unlimited DVR so we always watch Shark Tank, Price is Right, my wife gets to record her Judge Judy and daughter gets to record her kid shows. I was a little pissed when it went from $40 to $50 but it's been a good investment thus far.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:28 PM   #60
All about that Paper Boi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
FYI... big news....

Good news, but they lost me as a customer when I was looking for service at the start of the NFL season. Since it wasn't available on Firestick I went with PS Vue.

My girlfriend likes it enough but it's kinda shitty. Anyone have experience with both YouTube.tv and PS Vue?
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.