Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-25-2017, 09:53 PM  
I’m a Mahomo!

Netflix: Ozark

Can't to watch a show set in my neck of the woods.

http://www.lakeexpo.com/news/lake_ne...39173aed7.html

Premieres July 21st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-08-2018, 11:03 PM   #121
Just a li'l Evel

Just finished season 2. So good. This show is awesome. the acting, the writing. What are the criticisms of the show you're talking about?
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2018, 02:44 PM   #122
Banned

Just finished episode 2 of season 2. Love where this is going.
PmCakes Loves all of Deberg's threads.PmCakes Loves all of Deberg's threads.PmCakes Loves all of Deberg's threads.PmCakes Loves all of Deberg's threads.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #123
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

Best show on TV IMO
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:26 PM   #124
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Just finished season 2 and I thought it was even better than Season 1. This is set up to go multiple seasons. Very Breaking Badlike. Seems like it's actually the wife that may end up being more of a Walt character.
In the B.B. comparisons, I was one of the Skyler critics, and Laura Linney’s character absolutely embodies what I was missing in Breaking Bad. This is a layered character, as flawed a family member as her husband is, with ambitions that may outdo his, and strategy that may be stronger than his. She is also allowed to be an obstacle in his path at times without being the cliche woman who causes a man’s downfall or the mom who objects to everything while hugging her children in a hiding place, a victim of her situation. I look forward to more from both of them.
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:42 AM   #125
Supporter

I just finished it last night, hell of a good show IMO. Acting is top notch writing is better. Really good stuff.

The stuff with Buddy really hit home. Along with Buddy, all the relationships were allowed to grow with the show, holistically. There weren't any relationships other than the real estate agent that weren't built upon from the first season. That is a sign of excellent writing. So many times, the relationships exist because of necessity not story telling and virtually every one built with the story than being of necessity. That's hard to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
Just finished season 2. So good. This show is awesome. the acting, the writing. What are the criticisms of the show you're talking about?
I don't know what criticisms are out there, but there are a few to be had.

1. Same with the first season - the numbers never work. So much so that it's a distraction. It's fine. I'm sure the chemistry doesn't work in BB, and probably the money either. But I'm not a particularly good numbers guy, but that stuff isn't working.

2. The timeline of things - especially in a small town - is far too accelerated. I get it, but none of that shit is happening in those timeframes. Again, it's fine. That's why TV is so much more compelling than real life, but in reality, if we are waiting 6 weeks for a contractor and everyone is dead, the story isn't very good. But the point stands. As a guy that's had to get some of this stuff done, yeah, not happening.

3. This is probably just the mood I've been in the past couple days, but this show might have some tone problems. Man, every character's life in this show SUCKS. After Buddy died, everything was just ****ing melancholy. It got to where I'd not want to watch an episode. They kind of played out the "we have to get this done now" feeling and (naturally things came together) it was just an exercise in misery. Again, I had a shit mood when I watched a few of those episodes, but they could have taken a couple of the characters in different directions and helped interject some not-slavery level life suckage. Part of it is Bateman's character - some of it could have been when he was going to get out could have lightened up some. Maybe if some of the ancillary characters would have lightened up, it would have ****ed up the story and made the ending events not hit as hard. I don't know. It was all just really heavy and I think it lost some of the desperation in a few episodes.

All that being said, I stand by my points above that it is a great goddamned show and I appreciate the opportunity to participate, but it's not perfect.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:11 PM   #126
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
The narrative of the Shell's being just as big of a threat as the Cartel, and how they depicted and the tropes and stereotypes how everyone was represented from Osage Beach to the Cartel "thugs".
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #127
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I just finished it last night, hell of a good show IMO. Acting is top notch writing is better. Really good stuff.

The stuff with Buddy really hit home. Along with Buddy, all the relationships were allowed to grow with the show, holistically. There weren't any relationships other than the real estate agent that weren't built upon from the first season. That is a sign of excellent writing. So many times, the relationships exist because of necessity not story telling and virtually every one built with the story than being of necessity. That's hard to find.

I don't know what criticisms are out there, but there are a few to be had.

1. Same with the first season - the numbers never work. So much so that it's a distraction. It's fine. I'm sure the chemistry doesn't work in BB, and probably the money either. But I'm not a particularly good numbers guy, but that stuff isn't working.

2. The timeline of things - especially in a small town - is far too accelerated. I get it, but none of that shit is happening in those timeframes. Again, it's fine. That's why TV is so much more compelling than real life, but in reality, if we are waiting 6 weeks for a contractor and everyone is dead, the story isn't very good. But the point stands. As a guy that's had to get some of this stuff done, yeah, not happening.

3. This is probably just the mood I've been in the past couple days, but this show might have some tone problems. Man, every character's life in this show SUCKS. After Buddy died, everything was just ****ing melancholy. It got to where I'd not want to watch an episode. They kind of played out the "we have to get this done now" feeling and (naturally things came together) it was just an exercise in misery. Again, I had a shit mood when I watched a few of those episodes, but they could have taken a couple of the characters in different directions and helped interject some not-slavery level life suckage. Part of it is Bateman's character - some of it could have been when he was going to get out could have lightened up some. Maybe if some of the ancillary characters would have lightened up, it would have ****ed up the story and made the ending events not hit as hard. I don't know. It was all just really heavy and I think it lost some of the desperation in a few episodes.

All that being said, I stand by my points above that it is a great goddamned show and I appreciate the opportunity to participate, but it's not perfect.
#3 for me for sure. That much stress would cause anyone/everyone to fold. Your kids could be kidnapped/killed at any moment, but everyone seems fine letting them go about their days.

That being said, I've been a Bateman fan since I was a child and that isn't likely to stop. He's not carrying this piece, but he does a nice job.

Ruth and Jacob and wonderful characters that have grown throughout. Brilliantly done.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #128
In Search of a Life

Season 2 built pretty well on the first season, and it's an improvement.

I didn't care for the last episode that much. It was a little too predictable, imo, but it does set things up well for the next season. My main worry is:

Spoiler!
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #129
Cheat Death

I finished season 2 last night. Fantastic series.

In the last episode though, was Wendy talking about Marty when she told the cartel lady they had a threat or did I completely misinterpret that?

Spoiler!
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:43 PM   #130
Thank you

Good show. Laura Linney is fantastic and her character seems primed for a Walter White style transformation. Season 3 is probably going to be about Marty trying to get out from under her.
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:41 PM   #131
Mod Team

Season 2 was much better than the first.

Not many shows can say that. Good writing and more believable this season.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:07 PM   #132
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I finished season 2 last night. Fantastic series.

In the last episode though, was Wendy talking about Marty when she told the cartel lady they had a threat or did I completely misinterpret that?

Spoiler!
You know, I didn’t take it this way at all, but I’m wondering if you are right about this. I assumed they were talking about Ruth’s Dad.
Cow Pollinator is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCow Pollinator is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCow Pollinator is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCow Pollinator is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCow Pollinator is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCow Pollinator is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCow Pollinator is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCow Pollinator is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCow Pollinator is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCow Pollinator is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCow Pollinator is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 09-19-2018, 06:15 PM   #133
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow Pollinator View Post
You know, I didn’t take it this way at all, but I’m wondering if you are right about this. I assumed they were talking about Ruth’s Dad.
Man, I thought it was obvious, but my wife who's much smarter than me and paid way more attention to the show and is usually more observant to the female swing in power didn't pick up on it. So, I naturally questioned myself.

EDIT: Plus the cartel lady made it point that there was no coming back from what Wendy was planning to tell her, like it was super serious, not just some hillbilly causing a fuss.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:12 AM   #134
MVP

Interesting theory, but I think it was about Ruth’s dad and that the cartel lady was telling her that your soul changes when you have somebody murdered (Ruth’s dad).
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:02 AM   #135
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Expectations View Post
Interesting theory, but I think it was about Ruth’s dad and that the cartel lady was telling her that your soul changes when you have somebody murdered (Ruth’s dad).
Yeah, you're probably right. I'm probably just rebelling against a, imo, somewhat predictable finale. Still a fantastic season altogether though.