Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-24-2020, 05:13 PM  
It was not a fair catch

They want to remake Twister.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/t...al-1234648589/

Is nothing sacred anymore? Has Hollywood officially run out of ideas? This is blasphemy!!!!

Time to boycott, protest and cancel. Riot. Loot the streets. Burn down the movie theater.

#dontrebootTWISTER

**** no.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:51 PM   #46
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Another Twister concept they need to incorporate in the movie

PUSSYS, PUSSYS, PUSSYS - Grandopening of The TITTY TWISTER BAR ...
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2020, 09:37 AM   #47
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
That's where I stand. It was one of those movies where I felt bad in the theater because I was laughing at the parts that were supposed to be the most dramatic.
I laughed my ass off watching Titanic when the dude jumped off the back of the boat and hit the propeller then spun into the water.

I can't believe I was alone in this. Every dude at that place had been dragged their by a girlfriend and hadn't seen any gratuitous nudity for over an hour by that point. We'd checked out.

I mean c'mon - this is objectively funny:

All of the sudden all I could think was "Hey, that guys last thoughts were 'Ow!!! skywaterskywaterskywateroof'...." and I just couldn't stop laughing about it.

A little more nudity to keep 17 year old me engaged would've solved all that. This is YOUR fault, James Cameron.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:47 AM   #48
Settle this once and forever

I ****ing love Titanic unironically
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2020, 09:50 AM   #49

Let us also remember, Meet Joe Black when discussing unintentional comedy.

DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:10 AM   #50
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

The other movie where I was laughing out loud during inappropriate parts was Starship Troopers. There were parts of that movie where the dialogue or plot was so bad that my wife had to shush me from laughing because it apparently wasn't comedy even though it was comedy.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:20 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
The other movie where I was laughing out loud during inappropriate parts was Starship Troopers. There were parts of that movie where the dialogue or plot was so bad that my wife had to shush me from laughing because it apparently wasn't comedy even though it was comedy.
I kinda always assumed it was. FFS, Doogie Howser was the brains behind their outfit. And the heavy was literally a giant rubber brain.

That always seemed like an intentional spoof of sorts. A high-concept, self-aware B movie.

You could tell because the good actors were chewing on scenery (Ironsides was just friggen great) while the absolutely awful ones were just...being awful. They were completely immersed and just weren't in on the joke. Van Dien and Richards were just spectacularly awful but anyone with actual acting chops knew how to play it intentionally over the top.

I think you're allowed to laugh there - I think it was intentional satire and cheese.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:42 PM   #52
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Who will replace Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s epic performance?

GREENAGE!!!!!
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:07 PM   #53
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I kinda always assumed it was. FFS, Doogie Howser was the brains behind their outfit. And the heavy was literally a giant rubber brain.

That always seemed like an intentional spoof of sorts. A high-concept, self-aware B movie.

You could tell because the good actors were chewing on scenery (Ironsides was just friggen great) while the absolutely awful ones were just...being awful. They were completely immersed and just weren't in on the joke. Van Dien and Richards were just spectacularly awful but anyone with actual acting chops knew how to play it intentionally over the top.

I think you're allowed to laugh there - I think it was intentional satire and cheese.
It was 100% intentional. starship troopers was made by the same team that made Robocop. Both contain a ton of satire.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:59 PM   #54
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Ok I change my mind this seems like a good concept to reboot Twister

Watch These Instagram Bombshells Play the Hottest Game of Twister ...

And then

IRTI - funny GIF #8428 - tags: brazil girls advanced twister pro ...
You win this thread
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:49 AM   #55
Dirty Bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
The We Hate Movies podcast on the movie Twister is amazing.
For whatever reason, the internet seems to be scrubbed of this particular episode. I would love to hear it if you have a link for it?
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:56 PM   #56
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Who will replace Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s epic performance?
A black person.

Kevin Hart. Or Tiffany Haddish.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:53 PM   #57
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD10367 View Post
There are many moves which IMO do not age well with time. I watch movies I loved when younger, like "Ghostbusters" and "Backdraft" and "Top Gun", and just find them kinda ****ing stupid now. "Twister" goes into that category. Loved it when I first saw it. Now I realize it's just filled with stupid hokey unbelievable dialogue and more unbelievable effects.

Hollywood has definitely jumped the shark with remakes. At this point they're remaking remakes that were remakes of remakes. If they're going to keep this shit up, at least pick better starting points.
I ****ing love 90s cheese.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2022, 08:49 AM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Fun fact: I know the guy that dropped the combine in the movie, from a crane.

Goofy bastard with big pop bottle glasses. One of the nicest guys ever though. Would do anything for you.

He saw Helen on set and he went over to introduce himself, and she yelled "Security!".
RP proven right again.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2022, 08:53 AM   #59
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Fun fact: I know the guy that dropped the combine in the movie, from a crane.

Goofy bastard with big pop bottle glasses. One of the nicest guys ever though. Would do anything for you.

He saw Helen on set and he went over to introduce himself, and she yelled "Security!".
Was he from Iowa? What crane company?
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2022, 08:59 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Ok I change my mind this seems like a good concept to reboot Twister

And then

IRTI - funny GIF #8428 - tags: brazil girls advanced twister pro ...
Brazilians, man.

They're just built different.