Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Which brand of overall do you prefer?
Carhartt 6 33.33%
Dickey 1 5.56%
Wrangler 2 11.11%
Lee 0 0%
Levis 1 5.56%
The last three don't make overalls 0 0%
Chinese make them all it doesn't matter 3 16.67%
Gaz 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2018, 01:51 AM  
EvOlVeD

Tired of pulling my trousers up... What brand of overalls are best?

Carhartt, Dickies, Wrangler?

Oh, **** it... Poll erected.

We are talking Hillbilly Jim type, not coveralls
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:20 AM   #16
Admitted Planet Junky

Uh lose some weight. Do extra core exercises....
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:31 AM   #17
Be Kind To Your Pets

When I was in high school, the cool look was a flannel shirt, suede Pumas or Suede Converse All Stars, and BIG SMITH overalls. Big Smith used to be made in Nevada, MO. Not sure if they still are or not. The reason we liked Big Smith is because you could take the tag, cut it up, sew it back together and make it say "Big Shit." We thought that was hilarious. Hey, sometimes you have to make your own fun.

https://www.walls.com/explore/collections/big-smith/
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:41 AM   #18
Don't Be A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC View Post
At least buy USA made overalls. Every time you do, a liberal screams at the sky.

I'm liberal.

I wear overalls.

I do not scream at the sky.
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2018, 12:20 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
I'm liberal.

I wear overalls.

I do not scream at the sky.
Not even when watching Chiefs/Rams?
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2018, 12:54 PM   #20
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I've never understood the existence of overalls. Things are generally invented for a reason, so what do overalls do that pants don't? Is farming a profession where you get a lot of stuff on the front of your shirt? Were they originally invented for eating lobster? I need to know the history here.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2018, 12:57 PM   #21
Supporter

I’ve seen some incredibly fat fools rock the suspenders.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2018, 12:59 PM   #22
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Wikipedia didn't enlighten me much about the history of overalls: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overall

I guess maybe they were made so you could wash the pants and not the shirt, but that must've been an era where stiinky shirts were acceptable. If you were working in an occupation where the front of your shirt got so messy that you invent clothing to protect it, you were probably sweaty and dirty at the end of the day.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:02 PM   #23
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I've never understood the existence of overalls. Things are generally invented for a reason, so what do overalls do that pants don't? Is farming a profession where you get a lot of stuff on the front of your shirt? Were they originally invented for eating lobster? I need to know the history here.
Started in the railroad I believe. More durability.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:02 PM   #24
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I’ve seen some incredibly fat fools rock the suspenders.
That does indeed seem to be the modern use for them. (No offense, nickhead.) If you're rotund enough where belts don't work any more, overalls is a potential solution.

It makes me think of classic wrestler Haystacks Calhoun.

Old 11-24-2018, 01:04 PM   #25
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
That does indeed seem to be the modern use for them. (No offense, nickhead.) If you're rotund enough where belts don't work any more, overalls is a potential solution.

It makes me think of classic wrestler Haystacks Calhoun.

No I think that’s where they started. Like when they were building them.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #26
Be Kind To Your Pets

I wore overalls most of the time when I was building Gleaner Combines for Allis-Chalmers back in the late 1970s. We wore them because they had lots of pockets and you could carry a lot of stuff on your body when wearing them.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:07 PM   #27
Fight, build, win!

KEY Ralls
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:08 PM   #28
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
KEY Ralls
This. Key is where the money is. Most guys here wear dickies because they’re cheap.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:10 PM   #29
EvOlVeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
I wore overalls most of the time when I was building Gleaner Combines for Allis-Chalmers back in the late 1970s. We wore them because they had lots of pockets and you could carry a lot of stuff on your body when wearing them.
this is exactly what brought me to the idea. my new job, requires a lot of 'utensils' while on the forklift, or in the piping yard (and yes, i literally lay pipe at my new job ). work shirts only provide for a pen or two in the chest pocket, but i've got to have MOAR!

and yes, i know i need to lose a couple pounds... three months off work will do that to ya

Last edited by Nickhead; 11-24-2018 at 02:22 PM..
Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Nickhead has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-24-2018, 02:10 PM   #30
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

As far a durability Carhartt. As far as staying on your particular ass without you going full Plummers crack, who knows?
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.