Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: My job is XX percent likely to be automated in the future.
Less than 1% 47 47.47%
1 to 4.9% 17 17.17%
5 to 9.9% 4 4.04%
10 to 19.9% 3 3.03%
20 to 29.9% 7 7.07%
30 to 39.9% 4 4.04%
40 to 49.9% 2 2.02%
50 to 59.9% 0 0%
60 to 69.9% 4 4.04%
70 to 79.9% 0 0%
80 to 89.9% 2 2.02%
90 to 94.9% 2 2.02%
95 to 99% 1 1.01%
More than 99% 4 4.04%
I don't have a job. Maybe it's already been automated. 2 2.02%
I don't know what my job is called, so I can't look it up. 0 0%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2019, 09:21 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

How likely is your job to be automated?

Here's a link to do a lookup: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...niversity-one/. You can do a search in the table.

There may be nuanced differences, so look up synonyms for your job. For example, my initial guess of market research analyst is 61% likely to be automated, but survey researcher is only 23 percent likely to be automated, and management analysis is only 13 percent. I might also be a marketing manager (kind of), which is only 1.4 percent likely. If I average these, I figure I'm about 24.6 percent likely to have my job go away in the future.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:04 PM   #61
Veteran

Closest one I could find was Art Director at 2.3, next closest is animator at 1.5. I think that is underestimated.
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-01-2019, 01:06 PM   #62
Curmudgeon

It's hard to automate a mean old man with arthritis. Just sayin'.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #63
I got Rice cookin in the micro

The good thing about being broke is you already have the skl of getting busy while broke.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:17 PM   #64
Thread I will end you.......

#Learn to code

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #65
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger View Post
#Learn to code

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
not a solution. As the tech progresses and becomes easier, There will always be someone to write the code cheaper. And A.I. Is going to write any code that you would need.

You already have a rudimentary code generating with Powershell. Just select some boxes it generates the code you need to automate the task. Azure, it’s even easier.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:34 PM   #66
In Search of a Life

If your job is automated I'm probably going to be the one programming it. So at least I'm last to go before skynet takes over.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:11 PM   #67
I am Number Six

89% chance that technical writing will be automated?

Pffeh, yeah, that's gonna happen? Too many manuals read like they're written by monkeys already. A "good" tech writer takes the system/user interface into account and does good analysis on the product before they ever begin writing.
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:12 PM   #68
Don't Be A Dick

I got a pacemaker and an artificial heart valve. Think I’m already partially automated.
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:19 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
All the jobs will be automated by 2030, we'll all be flying around in our cars by 2000.

WE were told that we would have flying cars in 1969......Ooooops...
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:26 PM   #70
It was not a fair catch

Even though teachers are doing more online and there are online schools, I do not feel like education can be completely automated.

Computers are good at correcting multiple choice tests, but cannot grade opinion and project based learning.

So I am going to vote 20%.

Also-even computers and robots do not want to be around MIDDLE SCHOOL CHILDREN.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:37 PM   #71
Needs more middle fingers

I do too many jobs to ever be automated.

In a single day i could be doing any assortment of these things:

Parts Install
Parts Sales
Parts Orders
Vehicle Build planning & in person meetings with clients.
Estimates
Payment Processing and Accounting
Tech Support
Customer Service
Social Media Interaction on I.G and FB, i maintain our YouTube too.

Advertising and marketing, i.e designing flyers, business cards, brochures, store signs, stickers, clothing and all other print media etc.
Video filming & editing

Company itinerary for whatever is needed at the time. This ranges from our own personal custom Day/month/week Planners, labor sheets, parts request forms, anything in excel etc. Any document that helps us stay more organized, i make.

Creating instructions for our products (uploading them to our site in PDF format)
Product photography (using a light booth and then edited in Photoshop)
Vehicle Photography for our Social Media
Website development and updates i.e adding new products, banners, graphics etc. We use a Drupal site which is pretty advanced.

I'm sure im missing stuff, but you get the idea.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #72
Needs more middle fingers

Oh, and posting on Chiefsplanet in the meantime lol
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:46 PM   #73
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan View Post
89% chance that technical writing will be automated?

Pffeh, yeah, that's gonna happen? Too many manuals read like they're written by monkeys already. A "good" tech writer takes the system/user interface into account and does good analysis on the product before they ever begin writing.
Yeah, the crap not written by tech writers is useless. It’s either so superficial that it probably unusable or they try to hard to provide every single detail and then you can’t find what your looking for quickly.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:31 PM   #74
Mod Team

.6%.

Not bad.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:47 PM   #75
best in the biz

seems high.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.