Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-09-2009, 03:32 PM  
Supporter

What would you do if your neighbor....

Ok, as some of you have heard me complain before, the neighbors who live behind me\across the street installed a 10ft lamppost in their front yard. It is excessively bright. I by that I mean it outshines the streetlights easily. The ligh illuminates the entire backside of my house meaning it shines right through my dining room window and bedroom window. I cannot sit on my deck when it is on as it is like having a light shined righ tin your face.

So, what I have done so far....I tolerated it and paid $500 to put in a tree to help block it. That does a meh job. So I thought oh well until....CHRISTMAS TIME! What is so special about CHRISTMAS TIME and the Lamp? I will tell you....

The people put exterior x-mas lights on their home and guess what...they had to turn off their light so they could be seen. Day after x-mas the light was back on in all of its blinding beauty.

So I finally looked up the code and found an "Unlawul Illumination" code that states basically your light cannot shine across your property line to the point it is a nuisance. So I filed a complaint with the city.

The city in turn said this is an exception to municiple code and they forwarded it to the Police. The Police contacted me and said they are waiting for the blessing from the city prosector to allow a citation. This is where it gets good...

If they do get the blessing, I of course have to sign a complaint and possibly appear in court to have the light dimmed or removed.

I am half willing to accept reimbursement for the $500 for the tree I put in, though that does me no good in the winter. The wife says I should let it go. My best friemd says "**** em' they should of thought about that when they put in the light".

So would you follow it all the way to court? Or am I being a bigger dick than usual?

Updated: Talked to him, asked him to either wait until 10:00 to turn it on or get a dimmer bulb.....light was off last night so he is being cool though I could tell by his town he wasn't happy about the purpose of my visit

Last edited by petegz28; 01-10-2009 at 10:53 PM..
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2023, 12:53 PM   #256
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Braincase got himself banned? Must have missed that one.
No, he must have just put that there as a custom title. No idea why he hasn't posted in well over a year though (granted, his last several posts were in DC, so that could do it).
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2023, 01:00 PM   #257
The man you could post like.

Yikes. This is up there for worst one sided beat down in CP history.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2023, 01:30 PM   #258
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
No, he must have just put that there as a custom title. No idea why he hasn't posted in well over a year though (granted, his last several posts were in DC, so that could do it).
Perhaps he self-banned.

Oh well. Never liked him anyway.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2023, 01:56 PM   #259
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I must've been out of town when this thread went up. I just searched for the obvious answer of putting up a mirror, and not a single person suggested it. A mirror would've been awesome.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 02:21 PM   #260
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I must've been out of town when this thread went up. I just searched for the obvious answer of putting up a mirror, and not a single person suggested it. A mirror would've been awesome.
Also a good solution whenever someone is tailgating you with their brights on... just angle your rearview mirror back at them.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 02:41 PM   #261
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I don’t think you could see this thread because the light was so bright.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 08-06-2023, 03:08 PM   #262
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

We've all said stupid shit that we shouldn't have. Obviously, some more than others.

But I've never really gotten off on dogpiling over it.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 03:16 PM   #263
Champion Golfer Of The Year

I’d forgotten how bad pete%gz got roasted by Saul in this thread.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 08-06-2023, 03:19 PM   #264
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Also a good solution whenever someone is tailgating you with their brights on... just angle your rearview mirror back at them.
Sometimes I wonder if we learned anything from the ancient Greeks.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2023, 03:35 PM   #265
It was not a fair catch

neighbors-they are the worst
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2023, 04:49 PM   #266
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Too close to be comfortable, and too far away to account for windage with certainty.
Old 08-06-2023, 05:29 PM   #267
It was not a fair catch

Other than he pushed snow on my property, mine has been pretty calm this year.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2023, 06:11 PM   #268
Supporter

Quote:
They can be. They're why I moved out of town with a little space.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2023, 06:13 PM   #269
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Perhaps he self-banned.

Oh well. Never liked him anyway.
I had him as a friend on FB for years. He just kinda went over the. edge and I finally had enough of his BS. I hate removing people but I figure life's too short.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-08-2023, 03:05 PM   #270
Starter

Quote:
There are some exceptions
wilkinson ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.