Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2024, 09:37 AM   #2
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd View Post
I would do this, if we could get Bowers, but not for Thomas.
You realize they are the same size, BTJ gives up about 25lbs to him and is a night and day faster right?
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:42 AM   #3
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
You realize they are the same size, BTJ gives up about 25lbs to him and is a night and day faster right?
I have a couple buddy's that are still Martyball Acolytes and both of them desperately want us to trade up to 20 or so for Bowers and think it would be organizational negligence not to do so if that possibility exists.

I think the Bowers or Bust crowd are throwback fans.

I can't wrap my head around wanting Bowers over Thomas at all. But I'm not sure he'd be at the top of my board if he fell all the way to 32. I'm just loudly anti TE in the first round.

I don't think we need to drop those kind of assets on the position to get excellent production from it. That's a competitive advantage we have that I don't want to surrender.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:46 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I have a couple buddy's that are still Martyball Acolytes and both of them desperately want us to trade up to 20 or so for Bowers and think it would be organizational negligence not to do so if that possibility exists.

I think the Bowers or Bust crowd are throwback fans.

I can't wrap my head around wanting Bowers over Thomas at all. But I'm not sure he'd be at the top of my board if he fell all the way to 32. I'm just loudly anti TE in the first round.

I don't think we need to drop those kind of assets on the position to get excellent production from it. That's a competitive advantage we have that I don't want to surrender.
He's a good athlete but IMO he's kind of small for a real tight end. IDK that he will ever block like a true in line tight end. I realize Kelce doesn't do that much now but he was always a solid in line effort blocker in his younger days. Tight ends don't have to be Kittle but would you want Bowers coming out of a 3 point to block furious george?

I'm also willing to admit his measurables and the picture of him with Gronk soured me a little. I was a huge Bowers fan.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM   #5
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd View Post
I would do this, if we could get Bowers, but not for Thomas.
I'd far rather do it for Thomas than Bowers.

How many of the league's best TEs are first rounders? Early first rounders at that? Any of them?

Of the, I dunno, 25 best TEs in the league I can see ONE that came in the top 20 picks. 2 if you want to count Pitts. Pitts and Hockenson - that's the list. Kelce, LaPorta, Kittle, Andrews, Goedert, Schultz, McBride - these guys were almost all 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Moreover, the financial benefit of a premier one is minimal. And it's an open question whether or not Reid even NEEDS a premier guy to get premier production - he's always had great TE play. It's just the nature of his offenses.

I would HATE that deal. Absolutely hate it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.