Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2024, 07:35 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Buying a new pickup

Im in the market to buy a new pickup. Ive looked at everything I can study and have settled in on what I want. Ive used the build sites to choose options and what not. Now it time to actually talk to a dealer.

Ive never bought online or over the phone and that seems like a way to go so I dont have to deal with smarmy salesmen and sales managers and deal closers bullshit.

Looking for any experiences good, bad, what to do not do? It will have to be ordered as I have not found any in inventory anywhere that is what I want

Its a GMC 1/2 ton loaded up outfit, no financing, will pay cash
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 02:51 PM   #46
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
You've got along with Lewis? That's where we bought the wifes Yukon because it was, you know, there. They were pretty smarmy. Got where we needed to be but did the whole, back and forth shit trying to get us to bite on some bullshit.

I'm sure there are worse, but I appreciated the local guy much more after that.
GC guys are different I guess. I've known the guy at Dodge for years, did everything over the phone and email. Didn't set foot in the dealership until the deal was done. Lubbers put up a good a good fight, just couldn't get the one I wanted.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 03:02 PM   #47
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
GC guys are different I guess. I've known the guy at Dodge for years, did everything over the phone and email. Didn't set foot in the dealership until the deal was done. Lubbers put up a good a good fight, just couldn't get the one I wanted.
Interesting. If they have anything in my market I'll be getting his name/number from you.

The Yukon came from the Toyota Dealership, but I've looked at some inventory in the Chevy location in Garden. We were helped by a gal there and I've got a whole pile of fenceposts that put her intellectual prowess to shame. At first I was like good for her for taking on a historically men's job. And then she spoke...
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 03:07 PM
notorious
This message has been deleted by notorious.
Old 02-18-2024, 06:12 PM   #48
Just Lurking

I bought a used F-250 yesterday. Looked all over trying to find one that find my needs. Got it narrowed down and called several dealerships. No one was willing to deal on their prices, maybe $200 if lucky.

Everybody can see everyone else's pricing. I found it strange that every vehicle I looked at across the country was a range of $2500 of each other for what I was looking for. If I didn't care about getting a diesel, and wanted flex fuel, there was more variance between dealerships.
Renegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliRenegade 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-18-2024, 06:17 PM   #49
Politically Incorrect

All I ever hear is Ford's are the best and there is a waiting list and expensive.

The only thing Ford has done right.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 07:22 PM   #50
Fish are scared of me

Put 50K in TSLP. That buys 2500 shares that will pay you around $1250 month. Use that to make a car payment monthly until paid off. In the end you have your truck and the 50K or close to it.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 08:52 PM   #51
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
Put 50K in TSLP. That buys 2500 shares that will pay you around $1250 month. Use that to make a car payment monthly until paid off. In the end you have your truck and the 50K or close to it.
you may recall I had LLY in your game a year ago

still got it
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 09:29 PM   #52
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I thought it was TSLY?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 09:53 PM   #53
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I thought it was TSLY?
TSLY would work too but TSLP is more stable ,not quite as volatile as TSLY

I think TSLP has paid in the .50-.60 range the last three months
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 10:00 PM   #54
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
you may recall I had LLY in your game a year ago

still got it

That's been a beast, I still have that whole list of stocks in my eTRADE watchlist and take a peek at it. Hang on, I'm gonna see who's winning.....................................................

LLY is still winning up 173% from 3/31/22
NVDA was added 7/1/22 and is up 379%
SHOP ,from our 10/1 entries is up 201%
MREO from 7/1/22 231%

Last edited by Hog's Gone Fishin; 02-18-2024 at 10:06 PM..
Old 02-18-2024, 10:28 PM   #55
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmax63 View Post
I bought new and paid cash 1 time back when I was in colllege. Long story but I had the cash and needed a dependable vehicle. I looked like the typical college student with no money. Salesman played the what can we do game and finally got to where the price was good and they were going to make most their money on the financing (they thought). When they asked how I wanted to finance I said one payment today. The SOB called my bank. When he came back all of a sudden it yessir, no sir, can I get you something to drink sir. I think my hometown bank told that him I had the money to buy anything on the lot and then some even though I didn't. I still chuckle about it.
(this didnt happen)
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 10:34 PM   #56
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
If you know exactly what you want… email every GMC dealer within a 2 hour radius and tell them exactly what you’re looking for and a price. They’ll know what you’re doing and shouldn’t BS with you on the price too much. And if they do, you’ll have quotes from other places.
My radius was not that big but I did a lot of this. I was surprised at how unwilling they were to just get the damn deal done...did not have all cash like OP but had cash to come in and get a deal done no problem. For some reason they kept wanting to punt me down the line..."well we can run some numbers...I will get back to you....or let me get some information and you can come in the next few days" like....no I want a car now.

Finally found someone that was responsive and just wanted to get the deal done...we both just kept getting each other exactly what we needed and it was a good experience.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2024, 11:24 PM   #57
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Yea, well some of us would rather drive 15 year old vehicles than try to wear somebody down, tell them thank you, go some place else, and start over again...
Same shit when buying a house, except just with a lot more at stake and people don't cluck nearly as much about it.

Will never understand it.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-19-2024, 09:03 AM   #58
Colorado Chief Fan

Ive been hearing that 2024 is going to be horrible for Dealers. Life is getting very tough on them right now with high interest rates and lending drying up for consumers and especially for dealers themselves.

Dealers generally "float" their inventory with Lenders but that is becoming more difficult as lenders are finding this practice way to risky and less of them are willing to play this game.

Unless you need the Truck right now, waiting until further into the year could be HUGE savings for you. Buyers like you (cash) will have all the leverage!
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM   #59
Seeking the Truth daily

Looks like one dealer will price it...will see how this goes.

Hard to believe we dont have car salesfolk on CP.
Old 02-19-2024, 10:37 AM   #60
Veteran

You will find that paying cash won’t get the best price, I had to finance and sign saying I wouldn’t pay it off till after 6 months.
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.