Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:45 PM   #646
Keepin it Real

Has anyone ever sold a firearm and shipped it out of state?

The buyers state laws are clear for this type of gun. My FFL will take care of the paperwork for $25. I've never done it before so I'm not sure how safe it is.

I can ship it myself and save $25 but don't feel good about it.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:52 PM   #647
Supporter

Always default on the side of caution, and next time you sell include the transfer paperwork in the price.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #648
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Always default on the side of caution, and next time you sell include the transfer paperwork in the price.
Buyer would pay the shipping cost and I'd be out $25 for the FFL taking care of it for me. Give me a better piece of mind by letting them do it.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:28 PM   #649
Roy E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
Has anyone ever sold a firearm and shipped it out of state?

The buyers state laws are clear for this type of gun. My FFL will take care of the paperwork for $25. I've never done it before so I'm not sure how safe it is.

I can ship it myself and save $25 but don't feel good about it.
As far as I know, you can't ship a firearm directly to another person. It has to be shipped from one FFL to another FFL.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:44 PM   #650
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munson View Post
As far as I know, you can't ship a firearm directly to another person. It has to be shipped from one FFL to another FFL.
That is correct. unless you are having a gun repaired from the manufacture. If you send a gun to the manufacturer, or they are sending it back to you, there is no need to use an FFL.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:53 PM   #651
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
That is correct. unless you are having a gun repaired from the manufacture. If you send a gun to the manufacturer, or they are sending it back to you, there is no need to use an FFL.
Is that just across state lines, or anywhere?
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:54 PM   #652
Keepin it Real

It has to be shipped from a private seller to an FFL. Doesn't have to be shipped from FFL to FFL. A lot of FFL's won't accept firearms from a private seller situation.

I'm backing out of the sale anyways. The buyer is making me too nervous.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:53 AM   #653
Always ask 'Why?"

What is wrong with this 9MM???

$239???

Seems very low cost.

Good deal??

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...2+1+9mm+3.2%22
Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.Trivers is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:02 AM   #654
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivers View Post
What is wrong with this 9MM???

$239???

Seems very low cost.

Good deal??

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...2+1+9mm+3.2%22
It's a Taurus. Nothing wrong with it though. Taurus are cheaper made guns. Never heard anyone have any problems with them.

Several auctions on gunbroker have them for $200+shipping.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:10 PM   #655
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Okay, assuming I can remember how to successfully post attachments, here's some the new additions to the Casa Frazod Arsenal of Freedom over the past couple of years.

I'll start with my most badass 9mm - CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow. This thing is the shit - it's like shooting a laser. Just got some new wood grips for it.

Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:36 AM   #656
MVP

So I did my second AR lower build yesterday after buying a few tools:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/wheeler-...nch-block.html
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G2P72VG/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Z7GGKQ/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0191RFK4I/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017OUSJFQ/

They definitely made the build easier than last time when I just have a small screwdriver for a punch and a 16oz hammer. The roll pin starter punches work great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170127_093237.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	316.0 KB
ID:	113775  
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:20 AM   #657
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

IMO the most useful AR tool is a vice block. So much easier to have the damn thing stable and work on it with both hands free. The last trigger replacement I did took about a minute, where the same job without the vice block took forever and was a huge pain in the ass (and thumbs).
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:39 PM   #658
pew pew madafakas

Rack your AR like a pistol and stop pinching the shitty T charging handle if its under your optics or scope.

http://www.falcon37.com/our-product.html

Last edited by Pennywise; 04-18-2017 at 11:59 AM..
Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pennywise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:47 PM   #659
Broncos' Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Okay, assuming I can remember how to successfully post attachments, here's some the new additions to the Casa Frazod Arsenal of Freedom over the past couple of years.

I'll start with my most badass 9mm - CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow. This thing is the shit - it's like shooting a laser. Just got some new wood grips for it.

Nice looking pistol, I must say.
Tombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTombstone RJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-28-2017, 07:00 PM   #660
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Nice looking pistol, I must say.
Thanks. I just ordered a very similar compact version that will become my new daily carry gun.