Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics

Old 11-17-2002, 03:03 PM  
ChiefsPride

Keep fucking doubting Trent Green...

The title of the thread says it all....

fuck you doubters. He plays with heart, and he continues to get the job done. You people who bash Green, I don't even consider true fans. He plays his heart out every Sunday, and you continue to bash him...

Keep bashing him, I'll keep backing him.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:59 AM   #121
'Tis my eye!

Keg-

That's like me "stating facts" by saying Priest just isn't doing well the past five games.

You don't even know how right you are. Priest Holmes is my favorite Chiefs' player and the best RB we've possibly ever had here. But he hasn't been as effective lately. Is it his fault? Is the offensive line's? Is it the defense?

So now that I've said he's not being as effective, does that mean I don't like him? Does that make me a doubter?

NO.

The WHOLE reason this started is because some people are either too stupid or too blind to realize that criticism can be constructive and even people that are happy can realize that there's room for improvement.

There are 16.5 million colors between black and white, yet some people can't seem to see it.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:02 AM   #122
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by voyager
voyager...the realist

Does anyone else view this as the ultimate example of an oxymoron?
The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.The Rick has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:05 AM   #123
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally posted by htismaqe
[B]

The WHOLE reason this started is because some people are either too stupid or too blind to realize that criticism can be constructive and even people that are happy can realize that there's room for improvement.

There are 16.5 million colors between black and white, yet some people can't seem to see it.
I agree that there is constructive criticism, but there's plenty of folks on this board that don't offer it. They seem intent on calling Trent a "lowercase bono" a "waste of a draft pick" and any number of other things that aren't constructive in the least, but instead show their ingrained bias against Trent. Then there are those, such as yourself, Brad, and Phobia, who might piss and moan a bit from time to time, but also give credit where it's due when Trent plays well.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:08 AM   #124
'Tis my eye!

People like Nap, Chuck, and others have all labelled Green a waste of a 1st round pick in the past.

NONE of that has happened in WEEKS, maybe even since the season began.

Why? Because Green is playing better. But can he play better still? Absolutely.

There are some that are happy with his performance, but this team is 5-5 and yes, he IS a part of that.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:16 AM   #125
Phobia

Quote:
People like Nap, Chuck, and others have all labelled Green a waste of a 1st round pick in the past.
I'll ALWAYS label him a waste of a 1st round pick, too. Was that his fault? Nope. It was a ridiculous move on the part of this team's management.

Has he performed better lately? Yes. Does he have poor games? Yes. Does he have career games (Miami)? Yes. I don't know where I'm going with this....
Old 11-18-2002, 11:19 AM   #126
America is great assholes~

Quote:
Originally posted by pHoBiA

I'll ALWAYS label him a waste of a 1st round pick, too. Was that his fault? Nope. It was a ridiculous move on the part of this team's management.

Has he performed better lately? Yes. Does he have poor games? Yes. Does he have career games (Miami)? Yes. I don't know where I'm going with this....
So are you going to keep f***ing doubting Green or not?
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:20 AM   #127
'Tis my eye!

Where you're going with that is that you can believe that Green was a waste of a 1st round pick and STILL support him as our QB.

Some people here think that it is an either/or proposition.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:20 AM   #128
In Search of a Life

Quote:

NONE of that has happened in WEEKS, maybe even since the season began.
On 11/15/2002
ck_IN wrote:
Quote:
Any success this O has had has been directly attributable to Mr. Holmes. Green has either realized, or been made to realize, that he's not a play-maker. That's he's not a franchise QB. Mr. Green has 'Dilfered' himself and the team has benefited.

The SF game was a classic case of Green trying to not be Dilfer. I don't know who's idea it was but it's clearly obvious.

Green is and will continue to be the weak link on this teams O. Hopefully the wizkids will continue to feed Holmes. As long as they do, we have a chance. However I firmly believe that hubris will force them to give Green the ball, and he'll kill us when he tries to be the anti-Dilfer.

He's a lowercase Bono. Nothing more.
On 11/15/2002
Otter wrote:
Quote:
Green is nothing but another over-priced, mediocre talent, never was that will fall in the ranks of Bono, Grbac, DeBerg and Collins. If you haven’t seen it by now, you will in retrospect.

When Peterson is gone and NFL gurus reflect his tenure it will no doubt be known as one of his biggest and perpetual blunders.

Same ol, same ol
On 11/15/2002
Shane69 wrote:
Quote:
I guess I'm almost back to the point of giving Quinn a chance this year to see if he could be our '03 QB.
Voyager wrote:
Quote:
He would be a good backup for a team at QB. The Chiefs have been going with a short-passing game because they don't trust Green on deeper pass routes.
These are all from a single thread.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:24 AM   #129
'Tis my eye!

Wow, I missed 5 whole people.

The simple fact remains:

I can be critical of Green and still be happy that he is our QB.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:25 AM   #130
Phobia

Quote:
Originally posted by RedNeckRaider
So are you going to keep f***ing doubting Green or not?
Probably. Believe me, I'd LOVE to have some confidence in him, it's just that when he's scrambling or rearing back to heave a deep ball, I just know it's going to be an INT. Thankfully, we haven't seen too much of either lately.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:28 AM   #131
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Wow, I missed 5 whole people.

The simple fact remains:

I can be critical of Green and still be happy that he is our QB.
That sampling was from a single post on a single day. I'm sure I could fine plenty more within the last couple of weeks. Hell, just look at anything football related that lazarus posts He's sure to get a shot in on Green.

I'm not disputing with your argument that you can be critical and still be a fan. Of course, I'll not buy that you're happy he's the Chief's QB either. I just think that many of you that might have less than stellar opinions of Trent sometimes pass over some of the negative things that are posted, whereas people like CP really take not of it. Eventually it builds up and you get a post like the initial one for this thread.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:30 AM   #132
'Tis my eye!

ChiefsPride singled me out. He played with fire and he got burned.

You'll notice that none of those posts you quoted were from me. I've never compared Green to Bono. I've never called for him to be cut.

Have I been critical of him? You damn bet. He DESERVES it. His play as of late leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:35 AM   #133
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by pHoBiA
Ya know, I'm just pleased that Trent Green decided to stop scoring so many meaningless TD's. Green was worried about Morten's leg wearing down, so he's doing just enough to win so we can save Morten's leg for the postseason. Kudos! He's a great leader!
Now............there's a true fan if I ever saw one!!!(tic)
Multi1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Multi1 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:43 AM   #134
MVP

Enough already CP, It's hard to take you or your opinions seriously when you continually rant and threaten posters who don't agree with you. Would you act like this if you were looking them in the eye, I for one doubt it. It's easy to tell someone to F- off when your hiding behind a monitor.

Oh, by the way see you next week.
LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.LVNHACK would the whole thing.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:44 AM   #135
Phobia

Quote:
Originally posted by TomCash
Now............there's a true fan if I ever saw one!!!(tic)
You're just gonna have to let the schoolgirl crush go, Tom. Even a fan of average intelligence can detect that post is a sarcastic barb directed at somebody else. Add one more IQ point and you might even be able to marry my sig to the statement.