Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 09:33 AM  
Chiefs

Spagnuolo hired as DC

Last edited by ShowtimeSBMVP; 01-24-2019 at 04:34 PM..
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:07 AM   #106
Why so serious?

This is the definition of a JAG coach. Look at the guy's resume. He's bounced around his entire career outside of his longer stint in Philadelphia.

Still, Sutton's gone and I'm willing to believe the grass can ONLY be greener.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1    
Old 01-23-2019, 10:07 AM   #107
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Houston's job just got easier, basically. I'm not sure what you're so worried about. He's prototypical size for a 4-3 rush end. IF he reworks his deal. If not, then cut him, save the $15.6 million and go get a guy. There are a few that could be had at the price or lower that would be plus players. If Houston's smart (and I think he is) I'd re-do the deal, park my ass at RDE next to Jones and feast.

I'm really not worried; and I really think it's the best case to try to get something out of our last two #2 picks as they were totally unsuited to play OLB and cover but are physically well suited to play 4-3 DE's.
Listen I get you point,

But you do not change scheme because you drafted wrong. And you don't turn something that was a strength (pass rush) into a question mark.

And we have no clue how Houston will hold up being a DE, Demarcus Ware tried it and he was bigger than Houston and it didn't work.

All that being said, Steve is and has always been a SHIT DC who does not Blitz
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:07 AM   #108
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
We had a pass rush. One of those pass rushers is a free agent.

You can put Houston at DE.

I also think it's easier to draft and find players for a 43 than a 34.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I don’t get this at all.

Switching to a 4-3 does next to nothing to limit the DEs. All it will do is take pass coverage out of the equation for guys like Speaks, Houston, Kpass... guys who don’t belong in coverage.
I agree with these thoughts. Bottom line is Ford is not a 3 down player, he's a 1 trick pony, speed rushing the passer. Surely Kpass or Speaks can take 1 of the DE spots (like they did in college) and Houston can man the other. I also agree DOD could be a stud in that defense.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 01-23-2019, 10:07 AM   #109
In Search of a Life

Reid, Veach and Spags share the same agent
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:08 AM   #110
In Search of a Life

Houston, Jones, Nnadi, KPass/Speaks

That’s probably your DL next year. I fully expect them to let Ford walk or tag and trade him
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:09 AM   #111
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
You seem like an idiot if you think Landon Collins is gonna sign here just because his DC showed up or that we'll have the cap space to pay him what he'll command as a FA. Or hell, that the Giants won't nail him with an Exclusive Franchise Tag and we'll never get a sniff anyway.

It's not my fault you're a low-information fan. Go back to reading Arrowhead Addict and beating off. There are a dozen guys out there who WILL be better DC's than Spagnuolo in the near future and the Chiefs are too gunshy right now to try to identify one.

That's organizational cowardice and if you think that's anything akin to me saying we should've kept Sutton, then I will again direct you to my first sentence.

You're really just not terribly bright. But you do you, boo.
Your choice to be a fan. Of course, there’s a possibility of Collins getting tagged and there’s a possibility that he won’t. I was just stating that he could follow suit. I don’t always look at the negatives like you. You’re right though, Spags sucks and we should have kept Sutton. Sorry the Chiefs didn’t sign a flashy guy like Rex.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:09 AM   #112
MVP

Look, I wanted the up-and-coming next wave guy. Reid needed to be comfortable with a guy, he can't have someone flame out here, so he's going with a guy he knows and has worked with before. I get it.
Spags is the complete opposite of Sutton's bend and break. He's gonna blitz like mad, he's bring it from anywhere and everywhere, he's going to be aggressive. That's what we all wanted. Now let's figure out who's stayin', who's going, and get this lineup together.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:10 AM   #113
It's just a ride.

So Reid went with the safe average ass bet over someone who could have really been a genius like Kris Richard. Great.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1    
Old 01-23-2019, 10:10 AM   #114
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Look, I wanted the up-and-coming next wave guy. Reid needed to be comfortable with a guy, he can't have someone flame out here, so he's going with a guy he knows and has worked with before. I get it.
Spags is the complete opposite of Sutton's bend and break. He's gonna blitz like mad, he's bring it from anywhere and everywhere, he's going to be aggressive. That's what we all wanted. Now let's figure out who's stayin', who's going, and get this lineup together.
If this is the case, I can't ask for anything else...this is what I wanted.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:10 AM   #115
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Listen I get you point,

But you do not change scheme because you drafted wrong. And you don't turn something that was a strength (pass rush) into a question mark.

And we have no clue how Houston will hold up being a DE, Demarcus Ware tried it and he was bigger than Houston and it didn't work.

you're completely off on Spags. Are you sure you're thinking of the same guy? He's blitz heavy, comes from anywhere at any time.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:10 AM   #116
In Search of a Life

I heard Spags plays soft zone and doesn’t blitz as much
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:11 AM   #117
World's finest morphius

I fully expect Reid to go with a "safe" pick with experience, because he wants to focus on the offense and have someone he can hand the D over to.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:12 AM   #118
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingRed View Post
Listen I get you point,

I don't know if its drafting wrong. I think veach was looking to move to a hybrid front. And I get why he was doing it. The moves to me are strange if his plan all along was to commit to a pure 3-4 front.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:12 AM   #119
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
So Reid went with the safe average ass bet over someone who could have really been a genius like Kris Richard. Great.
Richard was never an option.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:12 AM   #120
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Houston, Jones, Nnadi, KPass/Speaks

That’s probably your DL next year. I fully expect them to let Ford walk or tag and trade him
I don't mind that actually. We need to find out if the #2's are busts or were just out of position.

Closed Thread