Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-22-2019, 05:10 PM  
In BB I trust

Thoughts on the AFCCG

My unsolicited (and no doubt unwanted) thoughts on an amazing AFCCG

1. First, amazing game. Put aside the rooting interest and the result, and that was one hell of a crazy, entertaining football game, with multiple lead changes and more drama than any damn reality show has to fake create. The game earned the highest TV ratings of any show since last year's Super Bowl, and it delivered. A Patriots beat guy tweeted that the game was "bananapants" with about four minutes left to play, which was before like two touchdowns, a FG, a couple of replay reviews, and an overtime!

2. As Chiefs fans, it looks to me like you have some great years ahead of you to look forward to. Mahomes is obviously the real deal, though still raw, and you have him on an underpaid contract for two more years I understand. Huge competitive advantage. Hill and Kelce are rare talents. Your OLine could be better, though, and your defense. Well, I don't need to say much there.

3. If it helps, think of it this way -- it took the GOAT coach and GOAT QB overtime to beat you even though (1) the Patriots had few penalties, and the team overall played very disciplined all game, (2) the Chiefs defense just sucks right now, (3) Patriots somehow held the Chiefs scoreless in the first half, (4) the Pats kept Hill/Kelce to under 100 yards total, (5) the Chiefs running game was shut down, and (6) the Patriots successfully played "keep away" from the Chiefs offense for most of the game, running about 2 plays on offense for every 1 the Chiefs had. I mean, it's ridiculous how much effort that took. IMHO, the fact that the Patriots KNEW the Chiefs had a hell of a team is proven by Brady's over the top joyous reaction to winning. He's the ultimate "been there, done that" guy and he still acted like a rookie who had won the championship itself when they won.

4. IMHO Belichick and the Patriots coaches won this game far more than any individual player on the Patriots side. I thought Brady was unexceptional most of the game -- but the Patriots game plan was outstanding, on all sides of the ball. Keep away on offense by pounding the ball relentlessly and chewing up clock. Demoralizing/tiring the Chiefs defense. Not allowing the Chiefs offense to get into a rhythm. Good pass rush which kept Mahomes in the pocket, generated pressure, but didn't allow Mahomes to scramble where he is so ridiculously dangerous. It was honestly a thing of beauty as a game plan, in my opinion. It's a great demonstration of why Belichick is the GOAT coach.

5. The Chiefs OLine didn't look good at all. The Patriots completely shut down the run, and were able to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. That's not surprising for the Patriots OLine, which is excellent, but for the Chiefs OLine to be that poor is troubling. Not sure what is up there as I haven't seen many Chiefs games, but if that's a trend you should be concerned. Mahomes style of play is higher risk than you'd like, and keeping him safe should be a high priority.

6. Mahomes is obviously going to be a great one, if he isn't already, but he's still young. He failed to recognize a number of things the Patriots had going on, such as the McCourty blitz. When a safety who is usually playing deep is cheating near the line, that's a signal. He also needs to work his reads/progressions faster. But he's a freaking first year QB. His 50 TDs were "inflated" due to his ridiculous support at the skill positions, but that crap doesn't happen by accident, and we all know most QBs would not have gotten anywhere near 50 TDs even with that talent. Hell, Mahomes' arm and Hill's speed are a match made in heaven for you guys, and a combo that could power you to great heights.

7. I stayed silent during the week building up to the game, but I never did understand how so many Chiefs fans thought they would completely blow the Patriots off the field. I know their year has been one of ups and downs, but if you've watched the NFL over the last two decades, you should've known the Patriots weren't going to come in and roll over for you guys the way the limp-ass, young, inexperienced Colts did. Hell, if it wasn't for the "Miracle in Miami" that game would've been in Foxboro instead of Arrowhead. A tip for the future -- learned the hard way -- NEVER underestimate your opponent. If the 2007 Patriots could lose to the freaking 9-7 Giants, then "any given Sunday" is an absolute reality, and not just a pithy phrase.

8. I have to end with a comment on the many Cheatriots comments. They are sad. When the Patriots keep winning just as relentlessly after these ridiculous scandals as before, what does that tell you about whether or not these scandals made any sense at all? Apparently some want to believe the Patriots just have other ways of cheating to keep on winning, or that they can blame the weak AFC East. Neither makes any sense. The fact is you lost to the greatest dynasty in NFL history, the GOAT coach and GOAT QB, and while they might be in decline, they certainly ain't dead yet, as they proved yet again.

Good luck next year. May we meet again in the AFCCG, with an equally entertaining game and the same result!!
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:51 PM   #106
Starter

Amnorix, why are you here? I'm not being a smart ass, I truly want to understand this.

If the Chiefs win a Super Bowl/AFCCG, the last thing on my mind is to go post on the losing team's fan board. I don't get it.

Are you trying to make yourself feel better? us feel better? worse? it doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe it's boredom as you're tired of the Patriot's boards where all you do is pat each other on the back saying how great your team is? Something else I haven't mentioned?

Please elaborate on your reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnorix View Post
Tuck rule was a stupid rule, but a rule. Sorry you (a raiders fan) got screwed by it, bit that doesnt make it the wrong call.

Montana is my number two, so sure, go with him if you like.
swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #107
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Simple logic fail to think that because the rules have changed no p,ayer who p,ayed afterthe rule change can POSSIBLY be better than those from before the rule change. I watched plenty of Montana and more of Marino and Elway than i care to remember. Never saw Unitas or Starr or Otto ****ing Graham, but most dont put them number one anyway.

But obviouslt everyone has their own opinion on the goat question and you’re entitled to yours, no matter how wrong it is.
If you're going to mention Elway, you need to mention Chris Chandler and Jeff Blake since they were better than him.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:53 PM   #108
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
One must respect amnorix's bravery in this thread.
I will never respect any Patriots fan for any reason.
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:53 PM   #109
Now you've pissed me off!

I would love to see Brady get tossed in a time machine and have to play a game against the '85 Bears or '91 Eagles with those defensive rules.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:55 PM   #110
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty32661 View Post
Amnorix, why are you here? I'm not being a smart ass, I truly want to understand this.

If the Chiefs win a Super Bowl/AFCCG, the last thing on my mind is to go post on the losing team's fan board. I don't get it.

Are you trying to make yourself feel better? us feel better? worse? it doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe it's boredom as you're tired of the Patriot's boards where all you do is pat each other on the back saying how great your team is? Something else I haven't mentioned?

Amnorix is one of us. He's been here for eons, so I don't have any issue with him at all. And having seen the knuckledragging Patriots pseudofans who showed up to drool on my screen last week, I completely understand why a literate and thoughtful Patriots fan would choose to hang out with us.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:16 PM   #111
Starter

I hear you. It's just a foreign concept for me to want to "hang out" with other teams fans on their fan boards, win/lose/tie/whatever.

That's all I'm trying to understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Amnorix is one of us. He's been here for eons, so I don't have any issue with him at all. And having seen the knuckledragging Patriots pseudofans who showed up to drool on my screen last week, I completely understand why a literate and thoughtful Patriots fan would choose to hang out with us.
swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:25 PM   #112
Veteran

Quote:
Simple failure to understand that, first, the patriots won/loss record outside the division is the same as that inside the division and, second, that the NFL schedule, including home/away games, is pre-set years in advance pursuant to a formula. Ignorant poster is ignorant.

Yeah! Insults. Using generalizations and disregarding the merit of my comment.

The AFC LEAST is warmed up dog poo.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:30 PM   #113
Reset

Quote:
I hear you. It's just a foreign concept for me to want to "hang out" with other teams fans on their fan boards, win/lose/tie/whatever.

I’m not a Chiefs fan. I came here after Herm got hired just for shits and giggles. And as listopencil told me after I was here a while “now you’re trapped here like the rest of us”.

This place is very unique. I don’t even post on any other boards. And it’s docile now compared to when I came here or when amnorix came here. Lol you got hazed by skip towne and some others. And if you didn’t have thick skin you wouldn’t last long.

Just my 2 cents as a non Chiefs fan
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:30 PM   #114
Supporter

Quote:

So why are you here? You’ve been registered less than 25 days and on your 13th post you’re calling out decade + members?

That’s what I don’t understand.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:31 PM   #115
Rookie

Everyone who saw the replay knows that the RTP was bogus. I've heard it explained that the official who called it had a bad angle. Still, those calls happen every single game. Pats fans still aren't over Eli being clearly "in the grasp" or the never before seen intentional grounding 40 yards down the middle of the field.

NE gets their fair share of crap calls each year, but they are magnified because it's the Patriots, who are so deep in most teams' heads, that scandals need to be invented to explain their success.

Deflategate? Tires, basketballs, and footballs lose pressure in cold weather. It's a fact. Don't forget that the Colts' footballs were also below the legal psi level too! Yes, the were and you can easily look it up. Don't bother with the "phone" or "deflator" crap either. Brady was explicitly told the phone wasn't needed since Wells had already collected nearly 15k texts and emails. Wells even praised Brady for his level of cooperation. "Deflator" was used exactly ONE TIME in 15k communications and even that was used in the previous season in jest.

Spygate? It wasn't even a rule at the time! NE wasn't dinged for filming because filming has NEVER been against the rules. It was the location of the camera. Goodell tried to create a new rule with a memo which is not allowed.

Taping walkthroughs? The hack who wrote that apologized for making the story up. His paper dedicated the entire front page for an apology.

Why do you think that not one single former player or coach has ever mentioned cheating?

I've held my tongue through all this nonsense and this will be my only post here. Most Chiefs fans know that they lost fair and square. It was a great game. Pats fans know Brady is nearing the end of his career. 1 - 3 years left. Then the most amazing run in sports history will gradually fade. Not drop off a cliff.

PM is just starting out and KC should have a great future ahead of them. Right now, people like KC because they haven't had much success in so long. People always hate sustained excellence and make excuses. Yankees, Montreal Canadiens, Chicago Bulls, Buffalo Bills, etc...

Just to be sure, get rid of Reid! You'll never win with him... Enjoy the next few years!

I'm out.....
ricko1112 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ricko1112 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ricko1112 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ricko1112 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ricko1112 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ricko1112 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ricko1112 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ricko1112 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ricko1112 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ricko1112 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:32 PM   #116
MVP

Finally! A thread worse than watching paint dry!
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:55 PM   #117
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I would love to see Brady get tossed in a time machine and have to play a game against the '85 Bears or '91 Eagles with those defensive rules.
I was telling my wife...Brady playing against Bruce Smith and Reggie White?

stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #118
Banned

Quote:
Literally the league MVP last year....?

And yes, every passing and receiving record is going to fall as the NFL continues to move in the direction they are going. What won't fall soon are the ridiculous WINNING records. Most games won, most playoff games won, most SB games won, winning percentage, etc. ad infinitum. It's absurd.
I moved to Chicago during the second Bulls Championship run. Then Mike left/retired. Bulls haven't won crap since. You sound like Bulls fans USED to sound. Enjoy it while you can. Dynasties run in cycles. Brady's run in a Patriots uniform isn't close to Bill Russells' run in a Celtics uniform. I don't even consider this Pats team a dynasty. To many big losse, to many rule changes(tuck rule, Brady can't be touched), Spygate, deflate gate.... Joe Montana is still the GOAT. No Superbowl losses in an era in which you were allowed to CREAM the QB. Brady couldn't played NFL QB in the 80's-90's.
Jimkcchief88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jimkcchief88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jimkcchief88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jimkcchief88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jimkcchief88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jimkcchief88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jimkcchief88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jimkcchief88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jimkcchief88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jimkcchief88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Jimkcchief88 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:48 PM   #119
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:50 PM   #120
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:

He's been here a while, unlike you. And unlike ****ing Pats boards we don't ban people for being different. That's like racist 'n shit, being racist is a "coast people" thing.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.