Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-22-2019, 05:10 PM  
In BB I trust

Thoughts on the AFCCG

My unsolicited (and no doubt unwanted) thoughts on an amazing AFCCG

1. First, amazing game. Put aside the rooting interest and the result, and that was one hell of a crazy, entertaining football game, with multiple lead changes and more drama than any damn reality show has to fake create. The game earned the highest TV ratings of any show since last year's Super Bowl, and it delivered. A Patriots beat guy tweeted that the game was "bananapants" with about four minutes left to play, which was before like two touchdowns, a FG, a couple of replay reviews, and an overtime!

2. As Chiefs fans, it looks to me like you have some great years ahead of you to look forward to. Mahomes is obviously the real deal, though still raw, and you have him on an underpaid contract for two more years I understand. Huge competitive advantage. Hill and Kelce are rare talents. Your OLine could be better, though, and your defense. Well, I don't need to say much there.

3. If it helps, think of it this way -- it took the GOAT coach and GOAT QB overtime to beat you even though (1) the Patriots had few penalties, and the team overall played very disciplined all game, (2) the Chiefs defense just sucks right now, (3) Patriots somehow held the Chiefs scoreless in the first half, (4) the Pats kept Hill/Kelce to under 100 yards total, (5) the Chiefs running game was shut down, and (6) the Patriots successfully played "keep away" from the Chiefs offense for most of the game, running about 2 plays on offense for every 1 the Chiefs had. I mean, it's ridiculous how much effort that took. IMHO, the fact that the Patriots KNEW the Chiefs had a hell of a team is proven by Brady's over the top joyous reaction to winning. He's the ultimate "been there, done that" guy and he still acted like a rookie who had won the championship itself when they won.

4. IMHO Belichick and the Patriots coaches won this game far more than any individual player on the Patriots side. I thought Brady was unexceptional most of the game -- but the Patriots game plan was outstanding, on all sides of the ball. Keep away on offense by pounding the ball relentlessly and chewing up clock. Demoralizing/tiring the Chiefs defense. Not allowing the Chiefs offense to get into a rhythm. Good pass rush which kept Mahomes in the pocket, generated pressure, but didn't allow Mahomes to scramble where he is so ridiculously dangerous. It was honestly a thing of beauty as a game plan, in my opinion. It's a great demonstration of why Belichick is the GOAT coach.

5. The Chiefs OLine didn't look good at all. The Patriots completely shut down the run, and were able to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. That's not surprising for the Patriots OLine, which is excellent, but for the Chiefs OLine to be that poor is troubling. Not sure what is up there as I haven't seen many Chiefs games, but if that's a trend you should be concerned. Mahomes style of play is higher risk than you'd like, and keeping him safe should be a high priority.

6. Mahomes is obviously going to be a great one, if he isn't already, but he's still young. He failed to recognize a number of things the Patriots had going on, such as the McCourty blitz. When a safety who is usually playing deep is cheating near the line, that's a signal. He also needs to work his reads/progressions faster. But he's a freaking first year QB. His 50 TDs were "inflated" due to his ridiculous support at the skill positions, but that crap doesn't happen by accident, and we all know most QBs would not have gotten anywhere near 50 TDs even with that talent. Hell, Mahomes' arm and Hill's speed are a match made in heaven for you guys, and a combo that could power you to great heights.

7. I stayed silent during the week building up to the game, but I never did understand how so many Chiefs fans thought they would completely blow the Patriots off the field. I know their year has been one of ups and downs, but if you've watched the NFL over the last two decades, you should've known the Patriots weren't going to come in and roll over for you guys the way the limp-ass, young, inexperienced Colts did. Hell, if it wasn't for the "Miracle in Miami" that game would've been in Foxboro instead of Arrowhead. A tip for the future -- learned the hard way -- NEVER underestimate your opponent. If the 2007 Patriots could lose to the freaking 9-7 Giants, then "any given Sunday" is an absolute reality, and not just a pithy phrase.

8. I have to end with a comment on the many Cheatriots comments. They are sad. When the Patriots keep winning just as relentlessly after these ridiculous scandals as before, what does that tell you about whether or not these scandals made any sense at all? Apparently some want to believe the Patriots just have other ways of cheating to keep on winning, or that they can blame the weak AFC East. Neither makes any sense. The fact is you lost to the greatest dynasty in NFL history, the GOAT coach and GOAT QB, and while they might be in decline, they certainly ain't dead yet, as they proved yet again.

Good luck next year. May we meet again in the AFCCG, with an equally entertaining game and the same result!!
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:06 AM   #91
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By View Post
You guys really should be better than posting that sort of bullshit. The drive before featured the Patriots recovering a Chiefs fumble, only to have that be negated by a holding call that had nothing to do with the play. A huge gain for the Chiefs was the result of a blatantly illegal pick play where contact was made well past the one yard limit. Eric Berry was dry humping Gronk down the field on play after play, and that wasn't getting called.

So your whining about an obviously valid call is ridiculous.
Really? Kelce never had control of that catch and it wouldn't have been ruled a fumble...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:18 AM   #92
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Derived from the fact that most of their fans are fake... 98% of current Faketriot “fans” have only been on the team’s bandwagon since Belichick/Brady began winning Super Bowls.

Let’s see if these Faketriot fans continue posting on here when Brady retires, Mahomes is dominating the league, and Brian Hoyer is your immediate QBOTF.
No doubt... There were 7 Patriot fans in my section, sitting together, all wearing Nebraska Cornhusker stocking caps... I guess in about 5 years we will have to deal with this as teams latch on to the Chiefs success. I still give some of my friends shit that became Pittsburgh fans in the 70's and 80's and had never been within 3 states from Pennsylvania...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:51 AM   #93
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Why can't you downvote and hide a thread?
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:54 AM   #94
I got Rice cookin in the micro

...eagerly awaits more boston people to die because of pancake syrup
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:42 PM   #95
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

I pray the 31 other teams put together a pool of money to pay the player who breaks Tom's legs if he chooses to come back next year.

And if they Rams want any chance of winning the SB, they'll do exactly that, early in the first quarter. Take the official's bias toward him and all things "Pats" out of the game early, and the best way to do that is to take Tom out of the game.

Even if that's terrible of me to say, you all know it's correct. Tom WILL get his calls, right on cue, and I think the officials know that the Rams can't be gifted anything.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:31 PM   #96
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
pfffft.

We beat that team. Even with our crappy defense.

Brady lost that game on his 3rd int.

You won a coin toss.
This is ALL TRUE!
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:47 PM   #97
In my youth i pray to keep

Let me guess?

Condescending pat on the head thread is condescending
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:05 PM   #98
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pest View Post
Don’t you have a Patriots board to look at Tom making out with his son to be at?
swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:13 PM   #99
Starter

Perfectly stated. Agree with you 100 percent on all points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
Brady and Billichick have made a deal with the devil. No two people have ever been this lucky in life.

They're great at what they do but come on! From the tuck rule to the stupid call by the Seahawks to throwing picks that are negated to winning coin tosses. Not to mention hundreds of calls that somehow always go their way.

Gronk is NOT the best TE in history. He's just the biggest one with hands the size of snow shovels.

Brady is NOT the GOAT. He's the GSQBOAT. Greatest System QB of all time. Just like Mahomes got lucky to have Andy, he's benefited from Belichick.

Belichick IS the GOAT coach. That's undeniable.

But still damn lucky.
swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.swifty32661 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:27 PM   #100
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
#NUKEBOSTON
This is truly how we #MakeAmericaGreatAgain.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:32 PM   #101
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell View Post
It's truly amazing though to think that the luck you mentioned here \just always seems to come down on the Pats side. Yes, they beat us in the first half, no two ways about it. But when the time for a lucky bounce (or penalty) needs to go our way, it naturally goes the Pats way. They needed luck more than we did basically. And they got it.

It's disgusting that they all feel so superior because they were lucky.

Just like their luck when Carroll decided to go full whack job throwing the ball on the 2yd line when their was 20 sec left and 1 time out after just watching Lynch give the Pats a rushing beatdown for 70yds only to get it picked.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:40 PM   #102
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Hate_Rap View Post
I'm not a Chiefs' fan but registered just to respond to this post.

You're truly lacking in an understanding of NFL history if you really believe Brady is the greatest QB of all time. I suggest you study eras when QB's weren't protected and before rule changes made the passing game much easier.
Simple logic fail to think that because the rules have changed no p,ayer who p,ayed afterthe rule change can POSSIBLY be better than those from before the rule change. I watched plenty of Montana and more of Marino and Elway than i care to remember. Never saw Unitas or Starr or Otto ****ing Graham, but most dont put them number one anyway.

But obviouslt everyone has their own opinion on the goat question and you’re entitled to yours, no matter how wrong it is.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:43 PM   #103
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
9. You forgot to thank the teams in the AFC lEast for being a group of antifreeze chugging, AIDS infested, non-competitive losers which hand the Patriots 5-6 wins each year. Don't forget the schedule makers which have you playing the toughest opponents at home each year.
Simple failure to understand that, first, the patriots won/loss record outside the division is the same as that inside the division and, second, that the NFL schedule, including home/away games, is pre-set years in advance pursuant to a formula. Ignorant poster is ignorant.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:44 PM   #104
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
This is truly how we #MakeAmericaGreatAgain.
It would be a damn fine start.
Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:45 PM   #105
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
No, he isn't the GOAT. He is the most successful QB ever at this point, largely aided by cheating in his early years, the worst **** job ever in a playoff game to start it all off, and a league geared towards putting skirts on QBs. I'll still take Montana if you give me any one QB to win a big game, especially with today's rules.
Tuck rule was a stupid rule, but a rule. Sorry you (a raiders fan) got screwed by it, bit that doesnt make it the wrong call.

Montana is my number two, so sure, go with him if you like.