Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 01-21-2019, 08:49 AM  
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Dee Ford: What next?

Posting this here because it feels much more likely to be a viable intelligent conversation right now and not a bunch of ‘**** you **** him!!!’.....

Alright. So what do you guys think we should do/will do with him now?

I think it’s prisoner of the moment thinking to say they should let him go based on the one play last night. But that doesn’t mean that it is or isn’t the right move necessarily. We’ve also got to consider that this front 4 could be even more lethal with a new DC.

The way I see it, it’s either tag or tag & trade. And I guess for me it would come down to where the cap sits and how much I can get back in said potential trade.

Thoughts?...

Last edited by pugsnotdrugs19; 01-21-2019 at 08:57 AM..
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:23 AM   #16
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Yeah, they ran 94 plays. 94 ****ing plays.

You talked about it before, but Bill and Tom just pulled some wizard shit and we ****ed it up.
They did exactly nothing complicated or unexpected.

They came ready to play in the first half and we just flat didn't. The moment was finally too big for them. It happens but I'll be damned if I thought we might avoid it.

Turns out Mahomes was still damn near good enough to pull us out of it but the bottom line is that you can't spot a championship caliber opponent an entire half and hope to win unless you're as battle tested as they are. The Chiefs could MAYBE have held on there if they were 3 years further down the road with some of these young guys but they simply could not do that when they were spotting so much big-game experience as well.

****ing Ford. What a vapor lock.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:32 AM   #17
Most Valuable Villain

How in the **** as a defensive linemen are you not checking to see how you're lined up....BEFORE EVERY ****ING PLAY!?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:32 AM   #18
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
They did exactly nothing complicated or unexpected.

They came ready to play in the first half and we just flat didn't. The moment was finally too big for them. It happens but I'll be damned if I thought we might avoid it.

Turns out Mahomes was still damn near good enough to pull us out of it but the bottom line is that you can't spot a championship caliber opponent an entire half and hope to win unless you're as battle tested as they are. The Chiefs could MAYBE have held on there if they were 3 years further down the road with some of these young guys but they simply could not do that when they were spotting so much big-game experience as well.

****ing Ford. What a vapor lock.
But they ****ing did. I mean they battled back. They held the Pats to 10 second half points and had Brady throw 3 picks.

But Ford couldn't line up.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:42 AM   #19
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pest View Post
How in the **** as a defensive linemen are you not checking to see how you're lined up....BEFORE EVERY ****ING PLAY!?
While you're looking at the ****ing ball to see the snap.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:49 AM   #20
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

The main reason I’m most down with tag and trade now is I don’t have faith in him to stay healthy again next year. But I’d want an earlier 2nd round pick minimum.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:59 PM   #21
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Tag and trade.

Spend the money elsewhere. Add some high value picks. Get a more well-rounded player who makes the defense less predictable.

Ford is a one-trick pony who is a huge liability against the run and is a core problem of the run D weakness.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:19 PM   #22
Special Teams ACE!!!

I was initially down with a 1-year tag. Now even that looks shit ass expensive, though it's certainly possible in the two or so years before Mahomes starts to take up a significant portion of the cap.

Do NOT give him a longterm deal. I'm fine with tagging and signing or tagging and trading. But it's one year only.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:43 PM   #23
MVP

I'm tending more towards the tag and trade the more and more I think it through. I don't think you can justify just letting him walk away though. Gotta get a return better than a 3rd next year and that's only IF the Chiefs don't sign another free agent that wipes him out. I'd prefer Preston Smith here. He plays the run really well and generates a ton of pressure on the QB, even if his sacks total doesn't seem to indicate it.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:40 PM   #24
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
The main reason I’m most down with tag and trade now is I don’t have faith in him to stay healthy again next year. But I’d want an earlier 2nd round pick minimum.
I’d take a 2nd or even early 3rd rd pick.

This draft is filled with a lot of quality and quantity of defensive players. Stock these guys up now.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:33 AM   #25
MVP

tag and trade. He's so one dimensional as to be a liability in anything other than rushing the passer. You need to have more versatility than that I think in this NFL.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 11:17 AM   #26
Most Valuable Villain

Yeah....we totally need to pay this guy.

The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:42 PM   #27
Veteran

Tag and trade he's a one dimensional player with a bad back -read where the Browns and Jets where interested.
warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:42 PM   #28
MVP

well, this is all moot now. 4-3 has no position for Ford. Tag and trade.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:55 PM   #29
Veteran

Yep Ford has no place in a 4-3 still should get a draft pick though hopefully a second
warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.warrior wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:34 PM   #30
In Search of a Life

How does the Tag and Trade thing work? Do they negotiate a contract first?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.