Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 01-16-2019, 09:16 PM  
Special Teams ACE!!!

So they're actually making Ghostbusters 3 now?

https://ew.com/trailers/2019/01/16/j...-movie-teaser/

Quote:
The all-female Ghostbusters movie that director Paul Feig made in 2016 with Kate McKinnon, Leslie Jones, Kristen Wiig, and Melissa McCarthy started its story from scratch, unconnected to the earlier films, so it won’t have ties to this new one. “I have so much respect for what Paul created with those brilliant actresses, and would love to see more stories from them. However, this new movie will follow the trajectory of the original film,” Reitman says.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #16
Bring it on Ahab!

I'm not sure it works without comedy screenwriting genius Harold Ramis.

It's actually kinda shocking how many of my favorite comedies were written by him.

Animal House, Stripes, Ghostbusters, Armed and dangerous (lol), Caddyshack and groundhog day are all ****ing awesome.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:41 PM   #17
Bring it on Ahab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
The female Ghosbusters movie was a ****ing disgrace. They turned it into a corny SNL skit, and it failed miserably. Hopefully this gets back on track...
I never watched it. It looked awful. The trailer was all gags. No subtlety. No wit. Just loud comedy. People making faces, loud noises, and highly animated movement.

I'm sure it had an audience, but I don't like loud humor. It's boring as hell, and it's WAY off the mark from how Ghostbusters was. "LOOK AT HOW ZANY I AM!! LOL so random!"

Barf. Same reason I avoided Rob Zombies white trash remake of Halloween. You don't need to remake greatness. Plus I just don't think Ghostbusters was EVER franchise material. It was a great movie. Spawned a kid's cartoon and a lot of toys. The 2nd was... meh.

Leave the great movie where it lies. You don't want sequels and reboots doing to this what it did to Carpenter's horror masterpiece.
WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.WhiteWhale is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:18 PM   #18
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

I just don't see how you do it in a way that anyone is going to give a rip about at this point. Surely there won't be any kind of god-awful fan-service with Egon's ghost or worse yet, his kid or grandkid as a spunky child sidekick.
YOUNG EGON
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:44 PM   #19
Leto Atreides for Prez 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump View Post
They didn't ruin it enough the last time?
I thought the female Ghostbusters was one of the most underrated films I've seen. It was really quite good. Kate McKinnon was great.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:04 AM
CoMoChief
This message has been deleted by CoMoChief.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:32 AM   #20
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
YOUNG EGON
SLIMER FRIENDED ME
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:36 AM   #21
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I thought the female Ghostbusters was one of the most underrated films I've seen. It was really quite good. Kate McKinnon was great.
Kate McKinnon is great and she did all she could to save the movie, but the remainder was horrible.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:43 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
Kate McKinnon is great and she did all she could to save the movie, but the remainder was horrible.
I'll just take your word for it.
Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Dr. Yu Weed Tard has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:42 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
I feel like they missed their window by...I dunno....2 decades.

I loved Ghostbusters and watched Ghostbusters 2 until the tape wore out because I was a latchkey kid, Netflix wasn't a thing and I didn't realize that it wasn't actually very good at the time.

But watching those movies you realize that the chemistry of the characters is what made it, notably Ramis, Murray and Aykroyd. Well Ramis is dead, Aykroyd might as well be (dude probably weighs 3 bills these days unless he got himself on a diet to prepare for the role) and Bill Murray essentially plays the character of Bill Murray these days. Even if he wanted to come back, I don't think he can even do that character worth a damn anymore; he's developed this level of Wes Anderson character perma-fried.

And really, who cares about Winston? Janine and Louis ain't carrying a sequel.

I just don't see how you do it in a way that anyone is going to give a rip about at this point. Surely there won't be any kind of god-awful fan-service with Egon's ghost or worse yet, his kid or grandkid as a spunky child sidekick.

Christ...Egan's grandkid is going to be in this as a spunky child sidekick, isn't he? Wait...she.

No, there was a time and place to have done this and that time has long since past. A reboot had a chance had it not been turned into typical Feig girlpower ass and the well not been poisoned by...well...girlpower ass. I can't convince myself that this is something I'll even want to see as a rental. There's just no way to do it justice at this point.
Make Oscar, the baby from Ghostbuster 2, the central character that creates a new Ghostbusters team with Ray, Peter and Winston on the sidelines. Oscar would be around 30 now and they could create a cast around that character.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:47 PM   #24
Mahomes Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
This will be the 4th Ghostbusters movie.
While I understand that's technically true, I just refuse to associate the 2 originals with the current dumpster fire(s).
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:52 PM   #25
Supporter

Way to early to weigh in with anything definitive, but I trust Reitman way more than Feig.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:55 PM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoMoChief View Post
While I understand that's technically true, I just refuse to associate the 2 originals with the current dumpster fire(s).
The Ghostbusters video game from about 10 years ago was a pretty good story and also voiced by the original characters. A lot of people consider that the 3rd movie.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:00 PM   #27
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
Make Oscar, the baby from Ghostbuster 2, the central character that creates a new Ghostbusters team with Ray, Peter and Winston on the sidelines. Oscar would be around 30 now and they could create a cast around that character.
I hate you so very, very much.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:25 AM   #28
MVP

Quote:
I hate you so very, very much.
Coming from you, that's a compliment.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:36 AM   #29
Special Teams ACE!!!

Rick Moranis hasn't done a movie or appeared on TV in how many years? There's no way he would come back for this now that he's clearly happy with his life away from the camera.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:47 AM   #30
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Rick Moranis hasn't done a movie or appeared on TV in how many years? There's no way he would come back for this now that he's clearly happy with his life away from the camera.
He doesn't 'hate' acting. He left acting because his wife died while their kids were young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiki
In 1997, Moranis took a hiatus from working in the film industry. He later explained: "I'm a single parent and I just found that it was too difficult to manage to raise my kids and to do the traveling involved in making movies. So I took a little bit of a break. And the little bit of a break turned into a longer break, and then I found that I really didn't miss it."[18] After having declined an invitation to make a cameo appearance in 2016's Ghostbusters reboot, Moranis clarified in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter that he had not, in fact, retired from film acting due to his hiatus, but instead had become selective about future roles
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.