Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 01-15-2019, 09:02 AM  
__

Doesn't look like such a hard task to rebuild the defense now, does it.

In 2019:

DL:

We've got Jones under contract (and we should extend him ASAP).
We've got Derrick Nnadi under contract.
We've got Xavier Williams under contract.
We've got Justin Hamilton under contract.

We're losing Allen Bailey, however, so we'll need to add a piece.

OLB:

We've got a choice to make on Dee Ford coming up, but we'll likely keep him.
We've got Justin Houston under contract.
We've got Breeland Speaks under contract.
We've got Tanoh Kpassagnon under contract.

That's a pretty solid depth chart. Add a piece if the value is there but otherwise, we're set.

ILB:

We've got Anthony Hitchens under contract.
We've got Dorian O'Daniel under contract.
We've got Reggie Ragland under contract.
Niemann is under contract as well, but meh.

So adding a player or two here is probably important, but now that Sutton is utilizing the top three correctly, we're pretty solid here.

CB:

We've got Kendall Fuller under contract.
We've got Charvarius Ward under contract.
Tremon Smith is under contract as well, but meh.

This is obviously the biggest area of concern. We're going to need multiple investments at this position -- and not simply bottom of the roster stuff. Assuming we don't keep Steven Nelson, we're going to need to add a starter and depth.

S:

We've got Eric Berry under contract (LET'S JUST ASSUME HE GETS SURGERY).
We've got Daniel Sorensen under contract.
We've got Armani Watts under contract.
We've got Jordan Lucas under contract.
We've got Eric Murray under contract.

Assuming this team does what it needs to do with Berry, which is force him to get surgery, then I don't think we need to make a single addition here. (That's obviously a big if at this point, and Berry could very well retire as well.)

So we're looking at some additions in the front seven, and then some major investments at CB.

That puts us miles ahead of where we thought we were with this defense.

2019 could, somehow, be even better than 2018 was. Which, considering it's going to be the last year we'll have Mahomes on his rookie contract, puts us exactly where we need to be.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:03 AM   #91
Special Teams ACE!!!

RunKC, you're one of the better football posters on this forum. But every time you say "Nnandi" you make O.City look a little bit smarter. And you don't want that, because that guy either types with catchers mitts on both hands or he's just a ****ing dumbass. And a condescending one at that.

Don't lower yourself to O.City levels. Don't do it for the losers on this forum. Or your family. Do it for yourself.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2019, 03:39 PM   #92
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Dude.

I like you, but this is like the 8000th time you've done this. It's time for an intervention.

His name is:

Derrick

N

N

A

NO ****ING EXTRA N

D

I

I was letting it slide because I'm also prone to typos from time to time, but it's clear at this point you just don't know what the guy's ****ing name is.

Nnadi. Think "Nada," as in the amount of time it takes to learn his bloody name. You wouldn't say, "Nanda." Nada. Nada -> Nnadi. Not Nnandi. Or Nnannndi.

Quit adding extra ****ing Ns. If you do that in Wheel of Fortune, you lose your turn. That means you might not be able to solve the puzzle and win fabulous cash and prizes. It would be very good to not add that extra n so you don't miss out on the cash and the prizes.

Derrick Nnadi.

Nnadi Nnadi Nnadi.

Nnan--- NO YOU ****ING DON'T. It's Nnadi.

His name is Derrick Nnadi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
RunKC, you're one of the better football posters on this forum. But every time you say "Nnandi" you make O.City look a little bit smarter. And you don't want that, because that guy either types with catchers mitts on both hands or he's just a ****ing dumbass. And a condescending one at that.

Don't lower yourself to O.City levels. Don't do it for the losers on this forum. Or your family. Do it for yourself.

P.S. Just ****in' with ya Run
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:29 PM   #93
MVP

Derrick Nnadi by nature.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:46 PM   #94
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pest View Post
Jeremiah’s first mock - Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

Brook’s first mock - Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia
I saw those too and, quite honestly, I believe both of those guys projected oddly. Bucky has nowhere near enough DBs with only 3. I had did a study I posted a year or so ago where I looked at the drafts from 2008 to 2017 and teams averaged drafting 6 DBs in the 1st. Jeremiah Has 6 DBs in his mock. The fact Bucky didn't put Jeffery Simmons in round 1 makes me give him little credit at this point. I don't think Kyler Murray goes round 1 and not having Drew Lock in there for Jeremiah is puzzling. Both went heavy on DL with 10 each, but that is probably given this year's class and there have been a few seasons with 9 and 11 in that span. You have to go all the way back to 2011 to see only 3 DBs taken in round 1.

Here were the actual averages from what I posted. Maybe I'll update to include 2018 later.

QB 2.7
RB 2.0
WR 3.6
TE 0.8
OL 6.2
DL 7.6
LB 3.0
DB 5.9
ST -

Anyhow, I don't see any of the top 3 DBs falling to KC at the bottom of 1.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:27 PM   #95
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Solid rookie year from Nnandi.

pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:28 AM   #96
MVP

This game proved once again that it is clearly time to gut the safety and ILB positions.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:05 AM   #97
In Search of a Life

Gotta get better play from the DL before I could start getting concerned about S and LB.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:18 AM   #98
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Gotta get better play from the DL before I could start getting concerned about S and LB.
You serious? You're blaming the D-Line? The only unit that can get a tackle for a loss and make plays? You can't be serious.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:25 AM   #99
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
You serious? You're blaming the D-Line? The only unit that can get a tackle for a loss and make plays? You can't be serious.
Uh, yeah. Allen Bailey is a ****ing jag and they need more high end play from the 0. Yeah man, I am serious.

Williams has had some nice moments against the run, but we need more of a prime Dontari Poe that havocs the entire ****ing pocket into nothing.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:36 AM   #100
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Uh, yeah. Allen Bailey is a ****ing jag and they need more high end play from the 0. Yeah man, I am serious.

Williams has had some nice moments against the run, but we need more of a prime Dontari Poe that havocs the entire ****ing pocket into nothing.
I guess we see the failures of this team very, very much different. Nnadi and Williams have been fine. They absolutely were not a liability. Sure, you could upgrade from Bailey but he's an above average DE in a 3-4 as well. None of these guys were the reason that linebackers and safeties were not picking up coverage assignments or coming down to fill against the run. This team was gashed because the middle of this defense at linebacker and safety is horrendous in every facet of the game.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:44 AM   #101
In Search of a Life

In what sense is Bailey above average?
Old 01-21-2019, 05:12 AM   #102
Veteran

Sort of agree with both of you.

I think Nnadi has played well and I am hopeful about him for next year.

Both Williams and Bailey are JAGs, at least Williams is a cheap one.

I sort of agree, a guy like Poe makes so much difference to the center of a 3-4 defense, without a plus plus guy who can two gap in the heart of the defense I think you are better off with a 4-3.

I do think it's a combination though, both the LB and Dline play has been bad against the run.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-21-2019, 07:22 AM   #103
Veteran

Last night made it clear it's gonna be a bigger job than some here think. They still need a starting safety and CB minimum and ILB that can cover a back or TE.
tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.tmax63 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:24 AM   #104
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmax63 View Post
Last night made it clear it's gonna be a bigger job than some here think. They still need a starting safety and CB minimum and ILB that can cover a back or TE.
Yeah, the thread title is looking a little reactionary right now isn't it?
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-21-2019, 12:07 PM   #105
Black Bob's daddy

This thread was ignorant from the beginning. We're 2 years minimum from having just an average defense.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.