Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 01-08-2019, 03:52 PM  
MVP

Taking an Offensive Player in Round 1

What would be your thoughts if the Chiefs passed on taking a defensive player in round 1?

What would be your prerequisite offseason prior to the draft to make this okay with you? Is it sign a DB? Etc.

I've been toying with the idea a bit. My thoughts were sign a CB in FA then use the 1st round pick to get an OG like Lidstrom or a WR like Campbell.

I've also had the idea bouncing in my head about the what if scenario of a good TE falling to KC in round 2, such as San Jose State's Josh Oliver. Feel free to comment on that as well.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:53 PM   #2
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I’d honestly have to see the early part of the offseason unfold before saying for certain. But it’s possible that I’d be fine with it under some circumstances.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:59 PM   #3
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
What would be your thoughts if the Chiefs passed on taking a defensive player in round 1?

What would be your prerequisite offseason prior to the draft to make this okay with you? Is it sign a DB? Etc.

I've been toying with the idea a bit. My thoughts were sign a CB in FA then use the 1st round pick to get an OG like Lidstrom or a WR like Campbell.

I've also had the idea bouncing in my head about the what if scenario of a good TE falling to KC in round 2, such as San Jose State's Josh Oliver. Feel free to comment on that as well.
Campbell WR OSU - watched every OSU game and Campbell has questionable hands, great straight line speed. Needs work on the full receiving tree. I’d take him in the second.

Don’t mind one bit investing in the OL.

We need to move on from TE Harris, so, on board with developing another TE.
Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.Cosmos would the whole thing.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:04 PM   #4
Starter

Texas WR Lil'Jordan Humphrey declared for the draft today.

I don't think he's a first rounder, but if we want a WR he'd be there in the second or third.

He'd be special in our offense and I don't know how you cover him + Kelce being lined up on the same side of the field in the red zone.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:07 PM   #5
In Search of a Life

A replacement for Fisher would be okay.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:12 PM   #6
Most Valuable Villain

It doesn't matter who we take in the 1st round. They'd better be a ****ing starter.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #7
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pest View Post
It doesn't matter who we take in the 1st round. They'd better be a ****ing starter.

This
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:40 PM   #8
Veteran

I agree a starter is what's needed, but one is almost impossible to find on the offensive side of the ball, except center? Even a 1st round guard probably doesn't start in week 1.

If the Chiefs added 3 defensive free agents (say two secondary and one DL), I'd be okay with the 1st round pick going on offense if there was an amazing talent there.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-08-2019, 07:09 PM   #9
Rufus Dawes Jr.

I know we didn't have a first rounder last year, but in the mock draft I would have taken James Daniels, the center out of Iowa if he had been there.

This year picking late, I'd also look at offense if there wasn't a DB there I really liked.

This year I'd look at TE (Fant or Hockenson out of Iowa), or Josh Jacobs out of Alabama.

That said, I'd prefer a DB
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:56 PM   #10
Mahomes Dynasty

They ****in better not.

I hope they don't address offense til rd4 or later.

Team needs defense defense defense and more defense, esp in the secondary. If people expect the Chiefs to release/let walk Berry, Parker, Sorensen, Nelson, Scandrick etc etc...who do the Chiefs have left? Fuller and .....?

No more 2nd rd projects...need starters now. Chiefs can not shit their pants in the 2nd rd like they have w/ Speaks and KPass (Sorry but neither have shown any promise when given the chance).
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:03 PM   #11
Mahomes Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcan View Post
A replacement for Fisher would be okay.
Andy sure loves his fatties up front.

You know Reid's former #1 overall pick (and now probowl) Eric Fisher is getting a re-upped deal soon.

And although many wouldn't agree with it due to his concussion issues, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Morse doesn't get an extension.
CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.CoMoChief is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:19 AM   #12
In Search of a Life

I don't think they'll keep Morse. He's good but he just has injury concerns.

I wouldn't be opposed to an offensive player, but they need to get into doing what the good teams that always pick at the end of round 1 do. Start taking guys that fall for measurable reasons that are good football players.

The Pats have made hay doing it.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:51 AM   #13
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I don't think they'll keep Morse. He's good but he just has injury concerns.

I wouldn't be opposed to an offensive player, but they need to get into doing what the good teams that always pick at the end of round 1 do. Start taking guys that fall for measurable reasons that are good football players.

The Pats have made hay doing it.
The Pats made hay by having Tom Brady at 70% of his market value.

Ignoring measurables and taking 'good football players' is how you end up falling in love with someone like Paul Dawson who never amounts to anything to speak of. It's how you'd look at the Clemson linebackers in 2017 and decide you want Ben Boulware instead of Dorian O'Daniel.

Chris Jones was essentially drafted off of measurables, as was Dee Ford. When you have the coaching staff we have, I'd take the measurables guy 9 times out out of 10 and rely on my coaches to put them in a position to put those measurables to good use.

Give me a good coaching staff and guys that can run like deer. Don't give me a pile of 'Right 53' saps who know how to play football but look like they're moving in quicksand. I got no use for the Greg Schiano/Scott Pioli school of team building.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:55 AM   #14
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The Pats made hay by having Tom Brady at 70% of his market value.

Ignoring measurables and taking 'good football players' is how you end up falling in love with someone like Paul Dawson who never amounts to anything to speak of. It's how you'd look at the Clemson linebackers in 2017 and decide you want Ben Boulware instead of Dorian O'Daniel.

Chris Jones was essentially drafted off of measurables, as was Dee Ford. When you have the coaching staff we have, I'd take the measurables guy 9 times out out of 10 and rely on my coaches to put them in a position to put those measurables to good use.

Give me a good coaching staff and guys that can run like deer. Don't give me a pile of 'Right 53' saps who know how to play football but look like they're moving in quicksand. I got no use for the Greg Schiano/Scott Pioli school of team building.
Obviously not. I'm not saying throw out the measurables as they normally are about the best way to see if a guy can play or not.

But look at how that's worked out for the chiefs in regards to some picks like tanoh. Sure, whichever way you go you're going to miss some.

But you just aren't likely to get blue chippers later in the first round. I'd either start taking guys that you could get in the 2nd because of maybe off field stuff whose measurables are nuts or taking good football players who maybe ran a slower 40 etc.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:56 AM   #15
In Search of a Life

I also think i'd look more at measurables in terms of size than actually what they've done or do on the field in INDY.

It's just going to be tougher drafting late.