Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 01-11-2018, 08:29 PM  
In Search of a Life

Counterpart

New series on Starz - you can watch the pilot if you had On Demand.

Really dense series with a lot of interesting threads involving an alternate reality Earth and the secret agency (trying to) guard it.

Stars J.K. Simmons (who I have loved as an actor going back to the early Law & Order episodes which was the first thing I remember him in) playing the same - but very different -
character from each of the realities.

Personally, I loved the pilot and am looking forward to where they take it.

Anyone else watching?

RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-16-2018, 07:53 AM   #2
I'm the MFCEO

Haven't seen pilot yet, but looking forward to it. J.K. Big J.K. Simmons fan, I'll probably catch shit for this but I really liked "Whiplash".
rocknrolla 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirocknrolla 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirocknrolla 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirocknrolla 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirocknrolla 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirocknrolla 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirocknrolla 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirocknrolla 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirocknrolla 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirocknrolla 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirocknrolla 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #3
In Search of a Life

JK does a great job of playing two very different characters (another testament to what a great, under-rated, actor he is). Seriously interested to see if they take this in the direction I think they're going to go with it...
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:28 AM   #4
Has a particular set of skills

Great first episode. JK is a helluva actor. I'll give it a chance.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:30 AM   #5
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
JK does a great job of playing two very different characters (another testament to what a great, under-rated, actor he is). Seriously interested to see if they take this in the direction I think they're going to go with it...
What direction? If its just speculation on your part, its not a spoiler.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:34 AM   #6
You're CARICATURES, ALL of you

Watched the first episode, got me pulled in. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.KC_Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:00 AM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
What direction? If its just speculation on your part, its not a spoiler.
I'll hide it anyway. And to be honest I haven't read up on the show anywhere online so there may be others out there with similar conclusions...

Spoiler!
Old 01-30-2018, 05:28 PM   #8
Veteran

hooked...

...two episodes in and I'm hooked. JK is freakin' great. Have to remind myself that it's the same guy - really impressive. Great start to what looks to be a fantastic series.
temper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-18-2018, 03:11 AM   #9
Supporter

Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:01 PM   #10
Supporter

New tonight
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #11
MVP

I have been watching since it started. GREAT series. Simmons is a fine actor.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:12 PM   #12
Supporter

Effing EPIC episode this week. Up there with the Hatch Reveal in LOST.

Big gamble coming back against True Detective with an episode without most of the regular stars, but it was a really well-told story that reframed and highlighted an already good narrative.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:23 PM   #13
MVP

Yep, great, etherial series.....but honest to God, if I don't pay VERY close attention, I tend to get these characters mixed up from time to time...."Did he come from the other side or is that the other guy?"

Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.