Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 05-19-2017, 04:08 PM  
MTFU

Tom Hardy Is Your New Venom

One of the more confusing and intriguing recent developments in our ongoing Superhero Boom has been Sony’s development of their own cinematic universe based on Spider-Man characters … but without Spider-Man in it. They own the rights to those figures, but they’re co-producing Spidey sagas set in the Disney-owned Marvel Cinematic Universe, so the webslinger himself can’t be part of a new, self-contained mythology at Sony. They’re doing the next-best thing by having their own little world that centers around longtime Spider-Man supporting player Venom, and word has come down today that Tom Hardy will be playing him (and his alter ego, Eddie Brock) in 2018’s eponymous Venom. Ruben Fleischer of Zombieland will be directing. This will be Hardy’s return to the superhero genre after his muffled turn as Bane in 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises, and it’s certainly a coup for Sony to grab such a beloved star, but the question remains: Will people see a Spider-flick that doesn’t have the original wall-crawler in it? If anyone can do it, it’s Tom, who is bald now:

thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.thabear04 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #76
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056 View Post
I’m glad I’m not the only one who was really disappointed in the trailer. This looks like a bust which breaks my balls because I had high hopes for this.
Yeah, this looks like dog shit. Hope I'm wrong.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:12 PM   #77
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
From my understanding, Sony could use Spider-Man in a Venom universe.

Sony's agreement with Marvel, from what I interpret it to be,is that Spider-Man can appear in the MCU and that MCU characters can appear in Spider-Man movies(ala Homecoming).

What Sony's trying to do is stupid. They'd benefit so much if they just incorporated Spider-Man's universe into MCU(like all of the characters) while still having full control over distribution rights, etc.
I thought it was what you said above but Sony will eventually make their own Spiderman movies again. Marvel only got homecoming? The rest will be Sony ptlroduced with marvel guidance?

Or I am crazy.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #78
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
I thought it was what you said above but Sony will eventually make their own Spiderman movies again. Marvel only got homecoming? The rest will be Sony ptlroduced with marvel guidance?

Or I am crazy.
The agreement with Sony and Marvel lasts through Homecoming 2.

They could always extend it(which I think Sony would be stupid not to considering they ****ed up the ending of the Maguire trilogy, and ****ed up Amazing Spider-Man).
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:16 PM   #79
BAMF!

This is unrelated to the film series, but I'm pumped for the new Sony Spiderman game coming to PS4.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 05-12-2018, 09:58 PM   #80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysirsoze View Post
Yeah, this looks like dog shit. Hope I'm wrong.
Oh no doubt. I hope I'm wrong as well. Cause Venom is such a dope character but it looks so cringeworthy .

For one, Hardy doesn't strike me as an investigative reporter . He looks like a rugby hooligan/meathead so I just can't take it that seriously( and his accent is all over the map lol) .
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #81
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1983 View Post
Oh no doubt. I hope I'm wrong as well. Cause Venom is such a dope character but it looks so cringeworthy .
This...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:11 AM   #82
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
This...
The movie looks ok...Venom looks cool at the end of the trailer. Speaking of Venom...the new #1 issue was great and I've never read Venom.
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:13 AM   #83
Ain't no relax!

Trailer 2:

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:18 AM   #84
Most Valuable Villain

The CGI looks meh.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:21 AM   #85
BAMF!

Ok... so that looks pretty terrible. Wtf is up with the terrible sound editing for his broken dialogue at the start of the trailer? You can hear the breaks in the audio where they cut and spliced his words together. Also, is Hardy shit faced the entire movie?

On the positive side, I do like that he doesn't have a shite spider on him. That is at least logical, and now that FOX no longer owns Venom's rights, I suppose we may see a crossover in the future.
bowener has disabled reputation
Old 07-31-2018, 09:43 AM   #86
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pest View Post
The CGI looks meh.
Looks better than it looked in the 1st trailer. But yeah, in 2018, they could do better.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:50 AM   #87
Ain't no relax!

The CGI looks better. But the scenes with Venom talking still look pretty goofy. I do really like how they're portraying the symbiote to instinctively protect Brock and stuff. I've also heard that Venom bites somebody's head off during the movie. Which is nice...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:58 AM   #88
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Looks better than it looked in the 1st trailer. But yeah, in 2018, they could do better.
Reminded me a lot of the old Spawn movie.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:59 AM   #89
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pest View Post
Reminded me a lot of the old Spawn movie.
Heh. Yup. Was thinking the same thing.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:25 AM   #90
In Search of a Life

Is this a standalone thing or what?

Looks good, but kinda meh too.....
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.