Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center

Old 10-18-2012, 05:50 PM  
Caralho

Horror Movies

Please recommend me some for the season. I'm currently fresh out ideas, sans Sinister which I'll be seeing this week.
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:02 PM   #511
I got Rice cookin in the micro

**** AND YES. Make it's own thread and put 5 on it remix.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:36 AM   #512
Supporter

Watch Bird Box, get woke

https://www.theroot.com/netflixs-bir...ont-1831345159

EDIT: As for the movie itself, IMO it's a negligible wisp of a basic cable thing. Not bad per se, just shoestring [particularly given the cast] and a little rote. It's also a bit of a Rorschach test, as evidenced by the piffle above. The 'horror'

Spoiler!

So people are primed to imprint upon it whatever suits their current obsession. A lot of it is more tension than horror, and some of it is downright laughter inducing.

I don't want to be too mean about it, because it's not aggressively horrible, but I don't think it was time well spent.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 12-28-2018 at 07:46 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:33 PM   #513
My work speaks for itself!!!

Finally got around to seeing "hereditary" last night.

Blown away - thought the directing, pacing, cinematography (and acting) were all top-notch. legitimate scares....somewhat unpredictable....and several WTF moments.

I know some didnt like the pacing, but I thought it was very polished....intense would probably be the best way to describe it.

Got the similar dread feeling that I got watching movies like the exorcist or the shining.

Definitely spooked me and it stays with you after.
DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.DJJasonp has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:08 AM   #514
Needs more middle fingers

Watched "The Monster" last night (currently streaming on Netflix). I put it on thinking this would be either:

1. Something to fall asleep to

or

2. An awesome indie monster movie.

It was neither, but it was a riveting watch.

The acting was top notch, the context was very real-world oriented. I thought it was very well made.

BUT...it is NOT a horror movie. It's barely a monster movie even though there is a physical monster that gets plenty of screen time. Judging by the trailer, Hollywood tried to sell this as another monster movie, and that's a goddamn shame because it's not.

The movie was more drama than horror. The movie was much more about the tumultuous relationship between a young mother (who struggles with alcoholism) and her young daughter. The monster component was certainly there, but more side story than main.

I thought the character development and the relationship between mother and daughter was executed to perfection. If you ever struggled with an alcoholic parent you may find that this movie hits too close to home.

If you're looking for a traditional horror movie this aint it. This movie has more depth and less gore/jump scares.

If you want a great drama with some heart breaking moments and a dash of horror/monster on the side then give this a shot.

ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:40 AM   #515
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Watched "The Monster" last night (currently streaming on Netflix). I put it on thinking this would be either:

or

The acting was top notch, the context was very real-world oriented. I thought it was very well made.

BUT...it is NOT a horror movie. It's barely a monster movie even though there is a physical monster that gets plenty of screen time. Judging by the trailer, Hollywood tried to sell this as another monster movie, and that's a goddamn shame because it's not.

The movie was more drama than horror. The movie was much more about the tumultuous relationship between a young mother (who struggles with alcoholism) and her young daughter. The monster component was certainly there, but more side story than main.

I thought the character development and the relationship between mother and daughter was executed to perfection. If you ever struggled with an alcoholic parent you may find that this movie hits too close to home.

If you're looking for a traditional horror movie this aint it. This movie has more depth and less gore/jump scares.

If you want a great drama with some heart breaking moments and a dash of horror/monster on the side then give this a shot.

I enjoyed it.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:57 PM   #516
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:

or

Been contemplating this one, you just sold me. Will be watching it soon. Thank you!
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:21 AM   #517
Cheat Death

This was something different from Cinepocalypse 2019.

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:54 PM   #518
Damnit Peg

Summer of '84 was tremendous.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:32 AM   #519
Supporter

I recommend Belzebuth on Shudder (might be on netflix as well). Brutal from start to finish.
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:24 AM   #520
Ain't no relax!

Quote:

or

I tried watching this once a while back. But the Mom was such a terrible actress I turned it off after 5 minutes. Never actually saw a monster.

Might give it another try if it's actually worth it..
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:27 AM   #521
Ain't no relax!

Another A24 movie coming out soon. Fantasy horror ish story of the Green Knight tale. Thought it looked cool, but I'm a sucker for medieval stuff..

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:17 PM   #522
Veteran

This is an old thread however I haven't seen anyone mention a sort of remake of the 1958 classic of The Fly.

The 1986 The Fly is still one of my favorite movies. I watched it again the other day and it still holds up pretty well. Having to do everything with practical effects lends a sort of realism that can't be matched with CGI.

There aren't any scare you out of your seat moments however the last 20 minutes has enough blood and gore to make up for it.

I watched a few youtube videos of the deleted scenes; personally, I think they should have kept the fusion and trash can scenes in the movie.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:52 PM   #523
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
This is an old thread however I haven't seen anyone mention a sort of remake of the 1958 classic of The Fly.

The 1986 The Fly is still one of my favorite movies. I watched it again the other day and it still holds up pretty well. Having to do everything with practical effects lends a sort of realism that can't be matched with CGI.

There aren't any scare you out of your seat moments however the last 20 minutes has enough blood and gore to make up for it.

I watched a few youtube videos of the deleted scenes; personally, I think they should have kept the fusion and trash can scenes in the movie.
one of my favorite scenes ever
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2020, 06:28 AM   #524
Cheat Death

Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made

Starts like a faux documentary about a 70s horror film that caused tragic deaths to viewers afterwards and was pulled from theaters. Then they show the purported movie. Its pretty fun and has a really nice giallo vibe that's both visual and aural. There's one crazy scene that's super disturbing. All in all its an entertaining retro horror flick. Nothing mind blowing horror wise or even scary, but rather more visually disturbing.

Its available on Prime
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:28 AM
olout
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
Old 09-29-2020, 05:45 AM   #525
Mistress Catherine's slave

FemdomFilmFan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutFemdomFilmFan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutFemdomFilmFan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutFemdomFilmFan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutFemdomFilmFan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutFemdomFilmFan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutFemdomFilmFan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutFemdomFilmFan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutFemdomFilmFan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutFemdomFilmFan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutFemdomFilmFan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about