Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-20-2014, 02:50 PM  
Politically Incorrect

Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX

The original thread has been locked so here we go again!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490

============================================

My brother turned me onto this wine and it's a great Sauvignon Blanc for $10
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JG.jpg
Views:	4835
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	107665  
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2015, 06:17 AM   #601
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Montana Mule is better (whiskey for vodka). Just saying.
First I was like then I was like sounds good I'll have to give that a try.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:51 AM   #602
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
First I was like then I was like sounds good I'll have to give that a try.
When I make a mixed drink (beyond pouring bourbon into a glass with a couple of cubes of ice), that's what I make. Though we call them Kentucky Mules. I suppose that means using actual bourbon instead of something like Jim Beam.

I mainly resort to this because my wife drinks nothing but Moscow Mules, so I always have the fixins on hand.
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:20 AM   #603
Certified Bourbon taster

Just an FYI - when they first started to import Vodka to the US, no one knew what to do with it. The Moscow Mule was 'invented' as a way to sell wodka to folks who were already used to 'rye and ginger'. Your bourbon and ginger is my 'go to', but if you folks like this blend, give the old rye and ginger a try again sometime. "Old Overholt" is a good cheap rye for drinks like this, worth keeping around. Look for good, hot ginger ale and add half a lemon.

If you run out of whiskey (it happens) try gin + ginger ale + 1/2 lemon. It was called a gin buck in the olden days. Stuff like this let's you make half a dozen cocktails with just a few ingredients.
BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:30 AM   #604
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan View Post
Just an FYI - when they first started to import Vodka to the US, no one knew what to do with it. The Moscow Mule was 'invented' as a way to sell wodka to folks who were already used to 'rye and ginger'. Your bourbon and ginger is my 'go to', but if you folks like this blend, give the old rye and ginger a try again sometime. "Old Overholt" is a good cheap rye for drinks like this, worth keeping around. Look for good, hot ginger ale and add half a lemon.

If you run out of whiskey (it happens) try gin + ginger ale + 1/2 lemon. It was called a gin buck in the olden days. Stuff like this let's you make half a dozen cocktails with just a few ingredients.
Buddy you ALWAYS have solid takes on these things.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:23 PM   #605
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Yea, something about assholes stealing the mugs wasn't is!?
And I missed my chance! DGI!!!!!!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:25 PM   #606

Quote:

For the first part, can you provide a mixture/amounts to follow. Sounds tasty and I don't want to mess it up. Will try...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #607
Certified Bourbon taster

Just from what I do - 1.5 oz bourbon or rye + 1/2 lemon juice + 4 or 5 oz of good ginger ale, over ice. Change that to gin as above.

One secret to this stuff is finding a hot ginger ale - if you can find Blenheim's, give that one a try. If you wind up really enjoying ginger ale cocktails, think about buying 'local hi end' ginger ales when you see them.

http://www.blenheimgingerale.com/
BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:46 PM   #608

Quote:
Just from what I do - 1.5 oz bourbon or rye + 1/2 lemon juice + 4 or 5 oz of good ginger ale, over ice. Change that to gin as above.

One secret to this stuff is finding a hot ginger ale - if you can find Blenheim's, give that one a try. If you wind up really enjoying ginger ale cocktails, think about buying 'local hi end' ginger ales when you see them.

Rep applied...
Old 07-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #609

Quote:

Found these too...

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink4396.html

http://www.esquire.com/food-drink/dr...-drink-recipe/
Old 07-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #610
Certified Bourbon taster

If you get real serious about your ginger ale - make some fresh ginger syrup to 'spice up' your cocktails. It's not too hard to do: http://blog.seasonwithspice.com/2012...le-recipe.html

Let me add that a lot of the 'new/fancy' rye whiskey on the market is coming from a big distillery in Indiana. They make the same juice, sell it to a marketer who puts on a fancy label and comes up with some snappy patter to sell the stuff. But it's all the same juice, just different labels. If you like rye (I do) it's easier to stick w/Old Overholt, Wild Turkey Rye, Rittenhouse, and Jim Beam. These have been around a while and aren't part of that marketing/Indiana thing. Your money is well spent when you buy these - it's real easy to pay twice as much and get that Indiana juice w/a fancy label. Spend the money you save on better ginger ale.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:12 PM   #611
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Sometimes when I drink a mule I'll use cherry vodka. Learned it from a girl but it's good...
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:52 AM   #612
Mod Team

I've never had 1800 tequila, but when you can grab a bottle for $13.99...my cheap blood said yes.

lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #613
MVP

Had a few N'Ice Chouffe, Belgian Dark Ales this weekend. It's a dark, so it's an acquired taste, but it's full of flavor. It's made with Thyme and Curaçao peel and it's 10% alcohol. Good stuff.
BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:11 PM   #614
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan View Post
Had a few N'Ice Chouffe, Belgian Dark Ales this weekend. It's a dark, so it's an acquired taste, but it's full of flavor. It's made with Thyme and Curaçao peel and it's 10% alcohol. Good stuff.

Never seen or heard of this stuff in 38 years of drinking-what can you tell us?

scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:07 PM   #615

Kraken, on the rocks... Great round of golf with my sons, cool shower, now sipping the nectar of the Gods...