Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-21-2019, 10:45 PM  
Kind of a mod

Tesla Cybertruck

Well, he said it was going to be different.

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:29 PM   #181
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underEJ View Post
If there is enough room in that bed for about 4 100watt solar panels so I can stop and recharge during daylight, I guess I have found my apocalyptic bugout vehicle!
Sounds like they'll offer a version where the "vault" tonneau cover has solar and can get you an additional 15 miles per day.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:40 PM   #182
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underEJ View Post
Is that true? I had a Chevy Volt and it was exceptional in cold weather, both for running well and for driving in snow and ice. Is that something for which Chevy was just more successful than other electric manufacturers?
No. It's the inherent nature of liquid battery cells. Operate best in the low 70's.

I'm not sure that will be an issue for the truck as I'm not sure they plan on using either the 18650 or 2170 cell architectures and seem to be on the verge of commercializing their own solid state batteries, which the cold wouldn't affect nearly as much.

The beauty is that even if it is an issue, with the 500+ like range, you'll still get 400+ miles per charge and recharge should be even faster than the Model 3 with all that battery to take the charge.

aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:40 PM   #183
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturnis View Post
Sounds like they'll offer a version where the "vault" tonneau cover has solar and can get you an additional 15 miles per day.

15 doesn't sound worth the cost and trouble to me.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:03 PM   #184
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Eh, I'm not huge on the 19 bodies, so whatever. I don't really care about how "cool" things are. I'm very much a value guy. Factors that affect my value calculation:

1. Reliability - Fat boy doesn't do downtime. Especially during the busy season.

2. Functionality - Speaks for itself. I have a toolbox, a set of drawers in the cab, and a compressor. I'm to the point where I really can't do without any of it.

3. Maintenance - I do enough maintenance on machines that actually make me money. I'm not jumping up and down to do more.

4. Cost per mile - both on operation and trade
1. It's an electric vehicle so it's defacto more reliable than any trick you can buy. No belts, pulleys, transmission, oils/fluids, spark plugs etc.

Just battery and motor. As long as you have good connection and no pieces of metal stabbed through the battery, you should be good.

2. Shouldn't need a toolbox aside from the organization aspect of it all as the tonneau bed cover is aluminum and you can walk all over it. Your stuff should be secure just in the bed.

It's also got built-in 110/220v outlets and air compressor utility ports from the dynamically adjustable air suspension.

3.Windshield wiper blades and tires. Maybe some grease for the suspension. Only other things would be the glycol or whatever they run through the thermal management system but they generally take care of that at this point.

Model 3 recommended maintenance schedule is every 2 years for reference.

4. It's a 2500 for $40k.

3500lb payload
14,000lb towing
16 inch ground clearance(4 inch adjustable)
Probably near limitless torque etc

Maintenance is essentially 0, and $18-$24 to get your full 500 miles of range.

There's literally no economic case against it.

There is though, a lot of "it's not a real truck" bs floating in here but so far the only legitimate complaint I hear is "you can't sit on slanted bed rails".

Honestly, what couldn't this truck do? If anything, this is more capable than a 2500 with unknown utility yet to be add through software updates.

Old 11-23-2019, 06:04 PM   #185
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
15 doesn't sound worth the cost and trouble to me.
Agreed. It's for the "why don't they just..." crowd and preppers.

Old 11-23-2019, 06:13 PM   #186
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
They have already had trouble with this in testing. When they went through wet roads they had motor and connection failures. When they went through creeks or areas with 6" to 8" of water they had battery failure. Although what do you expect from a Ford backed vehicle.
I hadn't heard this, but won't be an issue for Tesla. Especially with those big tires. Tesla's float bitch!

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2016/06/2...ed-tunnel.html

Old 11-23-2019, 06:15 PM   #187
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
And this is why electric pick ups are empirically stupid.
It'll only be as good as who's building it.

Old 11-23-2019, 06:32 PM   #188
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Branding.
Obviously there's the cyberpunk aesthetic, but I'm pretty sure the target customer for the Cybertruck uses the Tesla Network.

Pretty sure the truck was built for the network:

Stainless steel exterior that won't show dents and scraped paint of the fleet. Will basically last forever.

Wire wheel cleans anything.

All the important stuff is a part of the skateboard anyway. Which is about as unbelievably robust as cellphones sometimes are. So if the battery or drivetrain goes, just outfit with the latest and greatest skateboard. Body is fine. Stainless steel and all.

Has large comfortable seats for 6 large adults with front and center 17" media hub with Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, videogames etc etc

They call the bed "the vault", a lockable aluminum rollup security door that a guy can jump on.

Lockable frunk

Lockable bed rail storage

The thing is built to solve for a lot of problems. 6.5" x 4.5" bed, frunk etc, all the lockable storage plus uber xl, black level bullet proof passenger compartment. If made autonomous can make money on fairs all day and drop packages while in the vicinity of the recipient at literally any location.

It greatly increases the value of each mile driven while substantially reducing cost to operate. It's a logistics machine, I love it.

Old 11-23-2019, 06:33 PM   #189
King Shit of **** Mountain

Without wading through the entire thread, is it 4WD? I don't give a shit what thw torque is if it only hits 2 wheels.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:47 PM   #190
Elway be drinkin' again

Musk is crazy
Like bat shit crazy
That is not a truck and I hope he is on the maiden voyage trip to mars
Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.Shiver Me Timbers wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:48 PM   #191
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
Without wading through the entire thread, is it 4WD? I don't give a shit what thw torque is if it only hits 2 wheels.
Either way depending on the money you spend.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:49 PM   #192
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Optional AWD, yes.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:56 PM   #193
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturnis View Post
It'll only be as good as who's building it.

This is true. But you're all in and the thing hasn't hit the road yet. New models of any vehicle tend to have issues. Even Toyotas. And lithium batteries don't do so well when banged, rattled and vibrated heavily for hours at a time. And then there's the wiring/connections etc., that would have to put up with all of that as well. Never mind what would happen if the battery case cracked while you were driving through a 3-foot deep stream.

And I've seen first-hand what happens if a lithium battery gets smacked too hard.

So I'll wait and see what that thing does when you get it out say on the Rubicon Trail or Imogene Pass, or even just up the Deer Creek Trail on Boulder Mountain before considering that thing a real pick-up.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2019, 06:57 PM   #194
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
If it has more than one motor its going to be 4 wheel drive.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:13 PM   #195
MVP

It comes in RWD, Dual Motor AWD, or a tri motor setup, probably the plaid powertrain they're currently developing. They say 0-60 in 2.9.

Last edited by aturnis; 11-23-2019 at 07:24 PM..