Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:10 AM   #6166
Supporter

Is it because of the vaccine test results?
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:21 AM   #6167
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Is it because of the vaccine test results?
Appears to be because of the 90% effectiveness with little side effects.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:22 AM   #6168
I'll be back.

i'm rich, biatch!
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:49 AM   #6169
Fish are scared of me

I guess as people get vaccinated the first thing they do is cancel their Netflix.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:02 AM   #6170
Roy E.

Airline stocks up big time.
Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.Munson is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:28 AM   #6171
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munson View Post
Airline stocks up big time.
Hell yeah!
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:39 AM   #6172
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

This is where the math can be cruel. I was down roughly 70 percent on my cruise line stocks. They rose 35 percent and now I'm only down 60 percent. But hey, it's still a big win.

I'm kicking derrieres and taking names today. I just held a lot of my most embattled stocks and even added a little to some of them over the past six months. Today is a great, great day.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:43 AM   #6173
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
This is where the math can be cruel. I was down roughly 70 percent on my cruise line stocks. They rose 35 percent and now I'm only down 60 percent. But hey, it's still a big win.

I'm kicking derrieres and taking names today. I just held a lot of my most embattled stocks and even added a little to some of them over the past six months. Today is a great, great day.
I’m still waiting to go on a cruise that was scheduled in May. I think it’s going to be a while before I can reschedule it. If they do open them back up, there’s going to be a huge backlog of people like me that want to reschedule their cruises as well as people wanting to book new ones.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:48 AM   #6174
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
I’m still waiting to go on a cruise that was scheduled in May. I think it’s going to be a while before I can reschedule it. If they do open them back up, there’s going to be a huge backlog of people like me that want to reschedule their cruises as well as people wanting to book new ones.
If Pfe really has a 90% vaccine, the cruise lines will be back in business strong. I think some of them have lost capacity by scuttling some of their older ships, so it'll be a while before their stock gets back to breakeven on my purchase prices, but I'm tempted to buy more this week when we see a little pullback from today's exuberance.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:50 AM   #6175
Fish are scared of me

Added some more SBE today. With Dementia in the oval he wants to spend 1.3 trillion on EV infrastructure.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:52 AM   #6176
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post

I know , it's not fair that a stock drops 50% yet has to gain 100% to recover that. We need someone with authority that can change these stupid maths.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:00 PM   #6177
MVP

So I'm still new to this whole shebang and wanted advice:

March 23rd I put a bunch of money into stocks. I'm up over 100% of that initial investment. Do I need to wait until March 24th 2021 to withdraw to avoid recording the gains as part of my standard taxable income? Or do I just need to wait for Jan 1st 2021? Or does any of this matter and I could cash out today. Thanks yall!
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:05 PM   #6178
I'll be back.

Short-term gains are taxed more than long-term gains (over one year).

Adjust accordingly. You may want to hold for a year (March 24th) to minimize tax.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...-tax-rates.asp
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:07 PM   #6179
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post

March 23rd I put a bunch of money into stocks. I'm up over 100% of that initial investment. Do I need to wait until March 24th 2021 to withdraw to avoid recording the gains as part of my standard taxable income? Or do I just need to wait for Jan 1st 2021? Or does any of this matter and I could cash out today. Thanks yall!
Definitely hold it for a year to minimize taxes, as Hammock said.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:09 PM   #6180
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post

Stocks held less than a year will be subject to a capital gains tax. That tax is calculated based on your income tax bracket. If you sold it after a year, that tax rate is going to be lower.

In the end it comes down to what your investment goals were for that stock. Profit is profit, and you can never go wrong taking it.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli