Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-21-2019, 10:45 PM  
Kind of a mod

Tesla Cybertruck

Well, he said it was going to be different.

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:14 PM   #496
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturnis View Post
Which is why you should get the Tesla and not the Ford. The Ford range is incredibly limited, asking with payload and towing capacity. Tesla is designed to make those things plausible. F150 is designed to beat pavement princess or non hauling work truck.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
That thing is not a work truck.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:23 PM   #497
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Which is why you should get the Tesla and not the Ford. The Ford range is incredibly limited, asking with payload and towing capacity. Tesla is designed to make those things plausible. F150 is designed to beat pavement princess or non hauling work truck.

Then maybe Tesla shoulda designed a truck that appeals to men who do blue collar work for a living.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 05:27 PM   #498
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
This is wildly inaccurate. So much so that I question so the claims you make, including having them on your land. Seems motivated by a chosen narrative by a dishonest actor.

The only one spreading bullshit in this thread is you. You are flat out lying on contractors and the 2-hour radius that as phony as it gets. You sound like an around-town handyman.

Aturnip returns with bullshit.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:49 PM   #499
Supporter

I am the second most excited person in this thread about electric trucks, but Tesla better actually talk to someone that uses their truck for actual work when designing the final product.

Think crew cab on at least a 2500 frame, with a usable 6.5-8’ pickup or flatbed.

I’m intrigued by the low maintenance and longevity.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:56 PM   #500
Forever Royal

Tesla Cybertruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I am the second most excited person in this thread about electric trucks, but Tesla better actually talk to someone that uses their truck for actual work when designing the final product.

Think crew cab on at least a 2500 frame, with a usable 6.5-8’ pickup or flatbed.

Why though? I’m fairly certain there are far more truck buyers that couldn’t care less about actual work performance in their truck than those that do care. An 8 ft bed especially is overkill unless they want to have bed length options. People are very used to small beds and they are very popular. Of course the flip side is that those guys that just buy a truck for looks or status or whatever may be hard to get off their preferred make.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:56 PM   #501
Supporter

Quote:

I need low cost of ownership. I’ll be in. But it has to be proven in the field. I’m no beta tester.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:59 PM   #502
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
I need low cost of ownership. I’ll be in. But it has to be proven in the field. I’m no beta tester.
The current Tesla concept truck is for the dude that tools around the city in his 1500 High Country and loses his shit if the pickup bed liner gets scratched from hauling his wife’s IKEA purchases.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 06:04 PM   #503
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinblack View Post
and what happens when 300 million electric cars are simultaneously charging over night on our current electrical grid?
Grid is already overbuilt. It has to be built for max demand everywhere but Texas apparently, lol.

Grid is built to supply your home with the rating of your panel. Your car will take only 30-40 amps and charges over a number of hours. You aren't charging 300 miles each night, most likely under 80 most nights.

That coupled with the decrease in demand from led light bulbs and other more efficient appliances over the years makes it really a moot point.

If there is any issue beyond this, it'll be more than offset by the massive amounts of battery storage about to hit the grid over the next decade.

aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:04 PM   #504
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinblack View Post
and what happens when 300 million electric cars are simultaneously charging over night on our current electrical grid?
Wind farms generate a lot of power at night and if you are spending 8 or 12 hours recharging the vehicle overnight, the demand isn't that high and there isn't a lot of other demand at night.

Trying to fast super charge a lot cars during the day I could see being a bigger issue.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:08 PM   #505

Quote:
Grid is already overbuilt. It has to be built for max demand everywhere but Texas apparently, lol.

Grid is built to supply your home with the rating of your panel. Your car will take only 30-40 amps and charges over a number of hours. You aren't charging 300 miles each night, most likely under 80 most nights.

That coupled with the decrease in demand from led light bulbs and other more efficient appliances over the years makes it really a moot point.

If there is any issue beyond this, it'll be more than offset by the massive amounts of battery storage about to hit the grid over the next decade.

Uh, California's grid is not massively over built and how does everyone charge their cars on days that are also peak demand?

Although forest fires aside, it might be in better shape than Texas.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:12 PM   #506

Yes, the grid could use industrial scale battery storage.

It could also use more long distance, super high capacity transmission lines.

Neither is especially easy to come by.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:14 PM   #507
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
The only one spreading bullshit in this thread is you. You are flat out lying on contractors and the 2-hour radius that as phony as it gets. You sound like an around-town handyman.

Aturnip returns with bullshit.
You're being an ass. Been in commercial construction for almost 20 years headline multi million dollar projects. Literally worked with thousands of companies and individuals. Depending on your geography, 98% of your work is probably inside of a 90 mile radius. Especially if you're based in a city which of course is where most work is done.

aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.aturnis wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:17 PM   #508
MVP

Quote:

Have you not looked at the specs? It radically outperforms an F150. In many categories it's closer to a 250.

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2019/1...ord-f-150.html

Old 04-15-2022, 06:20 PM   #509
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Yes, the grid could use industrial scale battery storage.

It could also use more long distance, super high capacity transmission lines.

Neither is especially easy to come by.
Battery storage will not be an issue. Iron is cheap and plentiful. Large scale would be nice, but enough people will install them in their homes along with solar to create some buffer.

I don't think high capacity lines are a huge issue. Honestly, battery storage should create enough microgrids to keep production close to consumption.

Old 04-15-2022, 06:30 PM   #510
Supporter

Quote:
Battery storage will not be an issue. Iron is cheap and plentiful. Large scale would be nice, but enough people will install them in their homes along with solar to create some buffer.

I don't think high capacity lines are a huge issue. Honestly, battery storage should create enough microgrids to keep production close to consumption.

I like they idea of solar. As a matter of fact, I'm looking very seriously into getting my home on solar real soon.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.