Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2017, 09:40 AM   Topic Starter
__

Going to be an interesting offseason.

If this Chiefs team looks like how I thinks it looks...

The offense is pretty much ready for 2018 as is, assuming Conley comes back fine. We could use some more talent on OL but really, we've made such high investments there, I'm not sure who you replace. Our entire starting five (assuming Witzmann instead of Fulton) is returning.

The passing game will look good with Mahomes, but the run game presents a big question. Spencer Ware will be returning, and I think a Hunt/Ware 1-2 punch is extremely promising, rather than Hunt/whomever.

The run defense kind of looks like its figured itself out. They've bounced back up to respectable, and Reggie Ragland's been a huge part of that. Eric Berry returning will be huge too, and I've liked KPL's development.

The pass defense was an absolute abomination, but with Revis looking good this season, am I crazy for thinking this Chiefs team can make a run? You're now talking about a secondary with Peters/Revis on the outside, and Nelson on the inside, with Mitchell as your 3rd option on the outside. That's a pretty good group of CBs. Safety will continue to be a mess without Berry.

I think this team can get a playoff win, and then push the Pats or Steelers in the divisional round. Revis and Ragland have made that much of an impact. But I'm going to temper my expectations until we get two of these wins in a row.

I think our priorities, once we do the predictable (Smith trade, DJ cut, Hali cut), should be:

* consider cutting/trading Allen Bailey
* pay a really good CB
* pay Bennie Logan
* pay a backup QB
* bring in all kinds of front seven depth
* use our 2nd rounder on the best passrusher we can find
* draft all kinds of OL and CB depth
* draft one more RB

Assuming Mahomes can play at "merely" an above average game for 2018, I think this team is a Top 4 team in the AFC in 2018.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.