Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-27-2017, 06:24 AM   #2
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
This whole play-out reeks of amateur hour ownership... You dont fire your highly successful GM on your HC's whims.
That was my first and gut reaction to the firing.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:48 AM   #3
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

I'm gonna give Clark Hunt the benefit of doubt on this. I got a really good impression of Brett Veach and he will be no ones veach. Not Andy Reids veach & he will hold his own in negotiations v players agent imo. Dorsey got us to this point now Veach is going bring it to the next upper echelon. He has all the tools and is going do a fine job in scouting and that is what he will bring to the table.

We got what we need in a quarterback going into the 2020's, we can dominate the next decade.

Clark is proving he is not doing it his fathers way of just letting the team exist however it does. He is putting his stamp on it. He maybe loyal to Andy Reid because he believes in Andy Reid but he is first loyal to the Chiefs and this is where the GM has to be exactly what Clark is looking for.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:59 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
I'm gonna give Clark Hunt the benefit of doubt on this. I got a really good impression of Brett Veach and he will be no ones veach. Not Andy Reids veach & he will hold his own in negotiations v players agent imo. Dorsey got us to this point now Veach is going bring it to the next upper echelon. He has all the tools and is going do a fine job in scouting and that is what he will bring to the table.

We got what we need in a quarterback going into the 2020's, we can dominate the next decade.

Clark is proving he is not doing it his fathers way of just letting the team exist however it does. He is putting his stamp on it. He maybe loyal to Andy Reid because he believes in Andy Reid but he is first loyal to the Chiefs and this is where the GM has to be exactly what Clark is looking for.
Let's all hope so.

I still can't believe we just fired arguably the best GM the Chiefs have ever had.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:25 PM   #5
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Being more hands-on than Lamar is a good thing, but only if you are competent. If you continually hire and fire the wrong people, you're not better off.
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:00 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
This irritates me so much. The best GM we've had since the time of Hank Stram, maybe ever, and we just fired him.
Dorsey was excellent at finding hidden gems. He excelled in the later rounds and on the waiver wire. He's an incredible scout. But you have to admit he was lacking in contract negotiations, and in management. He was far from perfect. I don't think that's why he was fired. I don't know why he was fired, but there were several situations he mishandled. Did the good outweigh the bad? Yes, I think so, and on job performance (that the fans know about) he should still be the GM. So I'm going with there's more to the story.
Messier 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMessier 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMessier 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMessier 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMessier 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMessier 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMessier 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMessier 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMessier 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMessier 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMessier 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 07-27-2017, 08:18 AM   #7
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

I'm out of ****s to give about John Dorsey, thank you for the Mahomes II deal and all the good Chiefs you drafted, but I'm moving on & this is Veach time in the saddle now.
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:34 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
I'm out of ****s to give about John Dorsey, thank you for the Mahomes II deal and all the good Chiefs you drafted, but I'm moving on & this is Veach time in the saddle now.
Sheep! Lemming! Any other conspiracy nutjob buzzword!!
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:56 AM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
Dorsey was excellent at finding hidden gems. He excelled in the later rounds and on the waiver wire. He's an incredible scout. But you have to admit he was lacking in contract negotiations, and in management. He was far from perfect. I don't think that's why he was fired. I don't know why he was fired, but there were several situations he mishandled. Did the good outweigh the bad? Yes, I think so, and on job performance (that the fans know about) he should still be the GM. So I'm going with there's more to the story.
I don't think Dorsey was perfect but his strengths were more important than his weaknesses. He was a first-time GM, it's not strange that he was better at the Player Personnel aspect of the position. He will get better at the CEO part of the job like structuring contracts and anticipating when to sign players. Hunt should have tried to help Dorsey, not fire him. I still strongly believe that Reid wanting more power was the real reason he was fired. I hope that Veach has a really good eye for talent or we are so screwed.
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:44 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
Hunt should have tried to help Dorsey, not fire him. I still strongly believe that Reid wanting more power was the real reason he was fired.
Any reasonable owner would have worked through the differences...taking a 2-14 trainwreck and building into a 12-4 team with arguably the best roster in the league SHOULD buy you that clout. I cant see any other team in the NFL firing their 12-4 GM...I cant think of any HC with the power to get a successful GM fired either. Could Harbaugh get Ozzie fired over cutting his pet players?

There hasn't been one roster move that wasn't justified...Maclin doesn't get to take seasons off/under-perform when he's being paid $12.4 million. Berry doesn't just get a huge contract on blind faith that he'll fully recover. Their individual butthurt is secondary to the overall team success/longevity. You make tough choices as a GM. Reid may have his happy family locker-room but still has never won a SB...in SEVENTEEN years of being a HC.

Whatever...

Last edited by BlackOp; 07-27-2017 at 12:36 PM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.