Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 01-18-2020, 10:33 AM  
MVP

way too early Meck Mock

Chiefs win the SB, pick #32. GET ON THE BUS!

Chiefs begin the offseason with $23.4 m roll-over cap space for a total cap space AS IS of $21.3 m

cuts:
Sammy Watkins saves $14 m
Cam Erving $4.7 m
Damien Wilson $3.0 m
Daniel Sorensen $3.7m

so we've added $25.4 m in space to get to: $46.7 cap room.

Mahomes deal-WON'T FACTOR IN 2020 excercise 5th year option, and sign an extension: 5 years, $220 million ($44 million per year).
This is a projection I saw that seems realistic.This locks in Pat's cap # in 2021 at $2.7 m (in 2022 it'd be transition tag # around $24m, then jump to $44 the remaining 5 seasons per the extension). his 2020 cap # is already factored in.

Chris Jones extension: 4 yrs, $80m. Let's structure to take the big hit in 2021 and say his cap number is $12.5 in 2020. We get a little bit of a bargain due to a down year. Donald is $22.5 per.

re-sign:
Suggs 1yr, $3m. ($5m was his salary THIS year. Come on back and get another ring.)
Breeland 3 yr, 24m ($8m per)
Ragland 3 yrs, $6m ($2m per)
Wisniewski 1 yr, $2m
Pennel 2 yrs, $3m ($1.5)

D-Rob 2 yrs, $5m ($2.5)
Moore 1yr, $2m

and these guys should all be around $1m per or less:
Sherman, Bell, Ware, Kemp, Wylie, Yelder, Reaser ($7m)

FA signings:
Graham Glasgow, C/G, 3 yrs, $21m, ($7m per. used LDT contract as comp.)
Joe Shoebert, LB 3 yrs, $21m ($7m per).

Draft: I used Fanspeak, Matt Miller's board. I expect to draft #32, but this is close enough.
31: R1P31
CB JEFF GLADNEY
TCU
63: R2P31
C CESAR RUIZ
MICHIGAN
95: R3P31
RB CAM AKERS
FSU
134: R4P31
LB JACOB PHILLIPS
LSU
176: R5P30
LB SHAQUILLE QUARTERMAN
MIAMI

I think taking a CB high is wise anytime.
Ruiz along with Glasgow make a solid investment in the interior line. Either could play C or G with experience at both.
Akers is a playmaker at RB.
Phllips and Quarterman are hopefully your Hitchens/Ragland replacements sooner than later. Both are versatile, could play MLB or OLB. Along with Shoebert, you have a lot of flexibility, and Spags loves flexibility.

*math is hard, don't hit me too hard on the numbers. I'm no capologist.
*after 2 hours on this I give up, lol
*my intention was to 'keep the band together' as much as possible and shore up the weakest spots.

Last edited by Chris Meck; 01-18-2020 at 10:42 AM..
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:00 AM   #2
MVP

so I suppose in this scenario, Rankin is your swing T and a back-up G option.

I'm relying on ONE of Glasgow/Ruiz to take Reiter's spot. I'm assuming the other would either take the LG spot or provide competition for Wisniewski. Regardless, you're much more talented and deeper than 2019.

Akers, Damien Wilson, Darwin, and Darrel should end up your RB group.

I assume Hardman takes Sammy's #2 and D-Rob is your possession guy.

On defense, your d-line is set with Clark, Jones, Nnadi, Saunders, Pennel, Kpass, Suggs with what I expect will be this year's surprise in Speaks. Kpass looks like an NFL player with this staff, I expect Speaks to as well.

Your LB corps returns Hitch, D'OD, Niemann and replaces Wilson and Lee with Shoebert and the two rookies. Shoebert is good in coverage, the rooks better against the run. The hope is that in 2021 or 2022 you can let Hitch go without a drop-off.

Your corner group is Ward, Fenton, Gladney, and Breeland for veteran steadiness.

Your safeties I had to stand pat; Honey Badger, Thornhill, Watts are a pretty good group. I think D'OD was drafted to take Sorensen's spot, and is playing more now in that sort of hybrid S/LB role. I hate Dirty Dan less than I used to, but he's still too expensive. Anyway, D'OD is bigger and maybe faster than Dan.

and I'd totally bring back Moore to back-up Patrick.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:47 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

Chiefs win the SB, pick #32. GET ON THE BUS!

This is how you do a Mock draft. Much better than having us lose to the ****ing Pats all year.
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 01:02 PM   #4
Supporter

I’m a Wilson Fanboy. I’d like to get that dude back.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2020, 01:47 PM   #5
Andy Reid Supporter

You know who I want to replace Sammy Watkins who would be a great fit here and would also be cheap?

Randall Cobb.

He was the 3rd receiver in Dallas and had 800+ yards and 3 TD’s with Dak Prescott. He fits exactly what Andy loves in his weapons. He’s very versatile just like Tyreek and Hardman. For $5 million? Sign me up.

Imagine having 3 guys who can play outside, in the slot, in the backfield and speciality plays.

He isn’t what he was, but he is still very much a great option for WR3 and excellent depth for such a cheap price.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:49 PM   #6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
You know who I want to replace Sammy Watkins who would be a great fit here and would also be cheap?

Randall Cobb.
He would be a good WR for Chiefs. He is 29. Seems like he might still be looking for another big payday.
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 01-18-2020, 02:51 PM   #7
Veteran

Cobb has an excellent catch rate over several years. He is almost always over 65%, which is very good for a WR.
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:20 PM   #8
MVP

the only reason I would prefer to NOT pick up Cobb is his size. We've already got two short speedsters. Cobb is sort of in the same mold. It wouldn't be a big problem or anything, but I'd like at least one bigger, sort of physical YAC guy to threaten secondaries in that specific way.

IF we're either re-signing D-Rob or picking up FA that is.

but like I said, as long as we're not paying a bunch, Cobb is a weapon. I just wouldn't pay too much for what would be our 4th or 5th option.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:01 PM   #9
MVP

Daniel Sorenson might be worth keeping if he is only counting 3.7m against the cap.
mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.mnchiefsguy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:12 PM   #10
MVP

Why you cutting our only competent linebacker in Wilson?

No thanks to that.

Don't think you're getting Schobert for anything near 7m per.

I wouldn't touch Gladney in the first. The 2nd maybe.

Other than that I like the draft scenario and other moves even if I don't think Akers is there at 96.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-18-2020, 05:47 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy View Post
Daniel Sorenson might be worth keeping if he is only counting 3.7m against the cap.
He's 4.7. That's cap savings net
Old 01-18-2020, 06:02 PM   #12
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Didn't read the whole thing yet. Will after the SB and subsequent celebration.

But do we really want to let Sorenson go? He played 108 snaps against HOU. And apparently he plays a similar number of snaps in every game. That suggests that he's valuable to the team. And pretty cheap.

And I would be shocked if Suggs returned next year. If we win the SB, I figure he's going to head immediately to BAL and retire as a Raven on a one day contract.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:41 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Why you cutting our only competent linebacker in Wilson?

No thanks to that.

Don't think you're getting Schobert for anything near 7m per.

I wouldn't touch Gladney in the first. The 2nd maybe.

Other than that I like the draft scenario and other moves even if I don't think Akers is there at 96.
Wilson's ok but not a stand-out and I needed to find some cap room. Lee's gone anyway. Hitch we're married to for at least one more season cap-wise. I figured I'd rather make a change than stand pat as it's an area of weakness. If I keep Wilson, I can't go get an upgrade in FA; if I DO, then I can't go get Glasgow. So I drafted two replacements and filled one spot with Schobert. Both draftees are described as smart, versatile, high motor, max effort, aggressive, and have good measurables.

I based contracts on estimates I found hunting around on the 'net, and if I couldn't find one, I guessed by a comp. If I keep Wilson, I skip Shobert, and just draft the two kids I guess. I just like Shobert's cover skills and since RB's kill us in the flats he'd be a net upgrade. Can't keep everyone we'd like to.

Gladney in every mock I run (and I've been running one pretty much every morning as I mainline my first cup of coffee) goes right there at the end of the first/top of the second, no matter who's board I use and on two different sites. I've only read the scouting report, not seen him play, so you may be right, but that's where he's slotted to go and in this mock, he was the best CB available and within a couple spots BAA. I'd noticed that the CB's all go quick and are gone mostly by the time we'd pick in the 2nd.

Akers is there at that spot in most mocks I run; the RB's in general seem to come off later than a lot of people think. I think maybe that's because as most teams are spreading the ball out and throwing it, the 'old school' running teams kind of already have their bellcow. or the mocks could just be wrong. Akers I just like his skill-set. He's like a more talented Damien Wilson. Should have a high floor and possible star ceiling.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:51 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Didn't read the whole thing yet. Will after the SB and subsequent celebration.

But do we really want to let Sorenson go? He played 108 snaps against HOU. And apparently he plays a similar number of snaps in every game. That suggests that he's valuable to the team. And pretty cheap.

And I would be shocked if Suggs returned next year. If we win the SB, I figure he's going to head immediately to BAL and retire as a Raven on a one day contract.
In the last few years, I hated Dan. I think Spags uses him correctly mostly. I still think he's pretty limited and overpaid. He made two big plays last week, so I think recency bias is in play with opinions about him. I'd keep him, but had to trim some cap room.

Suggs-you may well be right; or he might want to play one more year. If he does, he might want to end his career with back-to-back rings. Playing here, we can use him rotationally, keep him fresh, and he'll already be in the flow.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:15 PM   #15
MVP

Schobert is one of the top few linebackers in the entire NFL. He's going to demand at least double your figure and probably add a couple million to that. Shit, Kwon Alexander and Anthony Barr both signed for 13.5 last year and neither are anywhere near Schobert's level. I think closer to Mosley's 17.0 per is a reality. I went with 16 in my early mocks that had him in it.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.