Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 01-17-2020, 08:47 AM  
__

Mock (1/17)

It's all Mahomes and Jones, since I don't think we can afford to let him walk at this juncture (although we may anyway).

Everything else is bargain bin hunting, obviously.

Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs win Super Bowl LIV against the San Fransisco 49ers. HC Andy Reid and GM Brett Veach are retained.

2. After the season, the Chiefs extend/re-sign QB Patrick Mahomes 5 years, $200m; DT Chris Jones 4 years, $85m; DE Emmanuel Ogbah 1 year, $5m, CB Bashaud Breeland 2 years, $14m.

3. The Chiefs cut: WR Sammy Watkins, OG Laurent Duvarney-Tardif, OG Ryan Hunter, OLB Dorian O'Daniel, P Dustin Colquitt.

4. The Chiefs sign CB Mike Hilton, a RFA from the Steelers, which awards the Steelers our 4th round pick.

5. The Chiefs trade DE Breeland Speaks for a 2021 4th round pick.

6. The Chiefs re-sign to minimal deals: QB Matt Moore, TE Blake Bell, OG/C Stefan Wisniewski, DT Mike Pennel, ILB Reggie Ragland, S Jordan Lucas

7. The Chiefs tender: WR Marcus Kemp, OG Andrew Wylie

8. The Chiefs let walk: QB Chad Henne, RB LeSean McCoy, RB Spencer Ware, FB Anthony Sherman, WR Demarcus Robinson, WR Marcus Kemp, TE Deon Yelder, DT Xavier Williams, DE Terrell Suggs, LB Darron Lee, CB Kendall Fuller, CB Morris Claiborne, CB Alex Brown, CB Keith Reaser

9. The Chiefs sign: WR Corey Coleman (Giants) for 1 year, $4m; TE Tyler Eifert (Bengals) for 1 year, $2m; OLB Haason Reddick (Cardinals) for 2 years, $8m; OLB Josh Bynes (Ravens) for 1 year, $2m.

10. The Chiefs are selecting 32nd. They receive no compensatory picks.

The Selections:

1. RB D'Andre Swift, Georgia
2 (Ford). CB A.J. Terrell, Clemson
3. DT David Hamilton, Ohio State
5. WR Lynn Bowden, Kentucky

Roster:

QB: Mahomes, Moore, Shurmur
RB: Swift, Williams, Thompson, Williams
FB: Lovett

WR: Hill, Hardman, Bowden, Pringle, Coleman
TE: Kelce, Bell, Eifert

LT: Fisher, Erving
LG: Rankin, Wylie
C: Reiter, Allegretti
RG: Wisniewski, Wylie
RT: Schwartz, Erving

DE: Clark, Kpassagnon, Harris
DT: Jones, Saunders
DT: Nnadi, Pennel, Hamilton
DE: Okafor, Ogbah

OLB: Bynes, Reddick
ILB: Hitchens, Niemann
OLB: Wilson, Ragland

CB: Breeland, Ward, Hilton, Fenton, Terrell
S: Matthieu, Thornhill, Sorensen, Watts, Lucas

K: Butker
P: some dude
LS: Winchester
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:45 AM   #2
MVP

why are you cutting or trading young cheap players?

Speaks isn't going to get you a 4th, especially coming off a lost season. And there's no reason to think he won't be a useful player in Spags 4-3, as he's 1)more of a 4-3 player and 2)Kpass has been a serviceable player and he looked worse even than Speaks last year.

Cutting D'OD makes no financial sense either. If he gets cut in TC because he's not good enough that's one thing. No reason to just cut him. Same with Hunter. Cheap, young, no reason to just cut them. If they can't make the 53 out of camp that's one thing but no reason to just cut them up front. Same with Brown and Reaser. I don't understand why we're just randomly cutting cheap guys for no reason. It may be likely they wouldn't make the cut, but not if we don't get someone BETTER before hand.

Ware's cheap. Why not bring him to camp?

LDT is kind of expensive, and same with Colquitt. Watkins obviously.

Any depth chart with Wylie as a primary back-up when you KNOW he blows chunks and you KNOW that at some point he's going to play is suspect. And his general stench is only topped by Reiter's. If we go into 2021 with Reiter at C again... Yeah, that's a no for me, dawg.

And the draft.

I just don't like this one. At all. It seems like you've created holes and then drafted to fill them.

We're not going to suddenly run the ball a lot. A RB is not good 1st round value in this offense I don't think. A mid rounder, sure, but not in the 1st.

I don't mind a CB in the 2nd. I'd maybe prefer it in the 1st depending on what's available.

You sent away a DL prospect in Speaks that Veach loved who played one season as a 3-4 OLB and then lost a season to injury (and you're not getting squat for him at this point in time, no way) and replaced him with another question mark. To me, you're answering a question mark with a question mark.

You're spending money on FA WR's that you could just re-sign D-Rob for, he already knows the offense.

The only incoming FA move here I like honestly is taking a flyer on Eifert.

Your LB signings are 'meh'. I don't think they're any better than what we have, honestly, and we'd be better served with continuity in the scheme if that's all we're going to do.

I think we need to draft LB, CB, OL, RB

any outside FA money ought to be on the interior offensive line.

I don't always agree with your mocks, but usually can see some logic to your perspective, but this one's got me scratchin' my head.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:59 AM   #3
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Chris said everything I wanted to.

I'd add that cutting LDT doesn't make sense either unless you are really going to upgrade at that position, and frankly the best way to improve guard play on this team is find a real ****ing center.

I don't think the starting roster is going to be all that different next year than this year, and that's going to be the case if we keep Jones or not.

The Jones decision eats at me, and I'm sure it gives Veach nightmares. I'm still firmly in the camp of tagging and trading him. Especially if the team wins it all. Even if we fall short (which would suck ass) I think the right play is the long term approach because we have a ton locked in for a nice run (Mahomes, Tyreek, Clark, & Hardman).

Another thing is that you keep Jones and then keep adding a DT. WTF this board is obsessed with defensive lineman. Hell I think we can let him walk and not draft one.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:46 AM   #4
Veteran

via GIPHY

My thoughts after reading this debauchery.

I agree with Meck's thought almost completely. The cuts make little sense, the draft might make even less.
DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DrRyan has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #5
Veteran

Thank you for sharing.

It is always interesting reading ideas on what the Chiefs could/should do for the following year(s).

You have some good stuff here to make a person think.

I think when we win the Super Bowl, our roster of players that will be free agents, will become very attractive to other teams. Bashaud Breeland, Kendall Fuller, Chris Jones, Emmanuel Ogbah, and even some players like Mike Pennel and Reggie Ragland have earned themselves a pay increase. I think we tag and trade Jones because of the money. I don't think there will be many "cheap" deals for the Chiefs in bringing back players. I am thinking to keep Bashaud Breeland will take a 3 year $24 M deal. Fuller probably the same. Steven Nelson last year received a 3 year $25.5 M deal from the Steelers.

I would agree on your keeping of some of these players, but just think it will be more expensive.

Also the free agents from other teams are going to be more expensive. Haason Reddick still has another year on his contract for $4.3 M I think. I'd like to have him on the Chiefs though. I would love to have a 2nd TE like Tyler Eifert but I think his market value will be closer to $7 M to $8 M and on a 2 to 3 year deal.

I also agree with Chris Meck on not wanting to cut young inexpensive players. No need and it really serves no purpose.

On 7 you have Chiefs tender Marcus Kemp and 8 you have Marcus Kemp, let him walk. I'd say keep him and see if he can make the team.

RB is a position where many would agree with you and say it should be a first priority, I would not go that way. In my opinion, Chiefs can fill that need with a lower round pick and internally with players that they have.

You have some good ideas and I agree with Mahomes contract and the core of players that you have.
Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.Wilson8 would the whole thing.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:08 PM   #6
Special Teams ACE!!!

What's your read on the OL in this draft, Direckshun? I know there's already kind of a thread out there for this purpose, but I was just curious if you had a take on anybody in particular.

I ask because I really believe a full-fledged upgrade at OL (likely through drafting a **** awesome C to become our new starter) is what will improve our ability to run the ball and better protect Mahomes. We need to draft a RB, yes, but that's more because we just won't have many dudes under contract entering the offseason. Ideally that guy we draft takes over as the main ballcarrier from Damien Williams, but the best way to get him going is to improve the line.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:14 AM   #7
Dumbass!

Direction's mocks are the worst.
milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.milkman is obviously part of the inner Circle.