Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum

Old 11-19-2019, 10:15 AM  
In Search of a Life

Travis Etienne

So if the Chiefs are drafting in the late first round and he's sitting there, thoughts?

I'm usually anti RB early, but I've kind of changed my tune seeing what these dudes that can catch and run can do for an offense.

I think he can be a Kamara type dude and in this offense that would be fun.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:39 AM   #46
Andy Reid Supporter

Such a good year to take a RB. There will be some good ones in the top 100 for us to nab
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:52 AM   #47
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post
IMO picking a quality RB early may be needed because our running game this year has totally stunk. Here are the backs to consider.

Taylor
Swift
Dobbins
Harris
Hubbard
Ettiene
Moss
There's one missing from that list I'd like to add....If the Chiefs can nab Lamical Perine (Florida) late day 2 or on day 3, Im good. Perfect fit in the Chiefs offense. Productive behind a poor line. Versatile, 3-down back and would be an awesome value later in the draft permitting the Chiefs to address arguably more urgent needs (O-line, LB, CB etc)
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:56 AM   #48
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
the back ain't gonna matter if we line up with Rankin, Reiter, and LDT.

I don't think you all understand just how shitty we are at interior line play.
LDT is pretty average these days, but he’s still a significantly better player than Wylie and Reiter.

I think you also need to watch Rankin again. That guy was rock solid in pass pro and he was very good with his feet with screens and zone runs, which is key to Andy’s offense.

I think it would be a really bad idea to just blow up 3/5 of the OL in one offseason with new starters who haven’t worked here before. Ideally I’d this would be my plan:

-cut Wylie
-cut Erving
-Allegretti becomes primary backup C
-sign either Wiz to a cheap deal or find another FA (preferably Wiz)
-keep LDT for 1 more year
-draft a starting C early
-draft another developmental OL in the mid rds

Fisher, Wiz/other FA, draft pick, draft pick, Schwartz, Rankin, Allegreti, LDT
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:06 AM   #49
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
LDT is pretty average these days, but he’s still a significantly better player than Wylie and Reiter.

I think you also need to watch Rankin again. That guy was rock solid in pass pro and he was very good with his feet with screens and zone runs, which is key to Andy’s offense.

I think it would be a really bad idea to just blow up 3/5 of the OL in one offseason with new starters who haven’t worked here before. Ideally I’d this would be my plan:

-cut Wylie
-cut Erving
-Allegretti becomes primary backup C
-sign either Wiz to a cheap deal or find another FA (preferably Wiz)
-keep LDT for 1 more year
-draft a starting C early
-draft another developmental OL in the mid rds

Fisher, Wiz/other FA, draft pick, draft pick, Schwartz, Rankin, Allegreti, LDT
I wouldn't cut Wylie just because he's an ERFA right so super cheap to keep, and you definitely want to carry more than 8 linemen. And your suggestion leaves no back up tackle at all?
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-04-2020, 05:06 PM   #50
In Search of a Life

I think you guys overrate Rankin, but if he's healthy, he's fine at LG. LDT hasn't been good in a couple years, move on there.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:10 PM   #51
MVP

center and left guard need upgraded badly.

LDT is mediocre but better than Wylie and Reiter.

If Rankin is an answer, great. I'm just not handing him the job just yet.

We need to upgrade 2/5 for sure.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:00 AM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
I'd rather have Etienne or Dobbins over Taylor, especially in Reid's offense.
Maybe, but Taylor is pretty special.

Wouldn't rule Hubbard out, kid is as fast as Etienne. Hubbard did run 10.55 100-m in high school. Etienne ran a 10.51. Neither are as fast as Charles was, but both are significantly faster than any backs KC has right now and Reid had no issues making use of Charles.

I do prefer Dobbins over all others, but there is so much talent in this year's crop of backs that it is hard to really just zone in on one guy as the fit because there are at least 10 that would. The Chiefs definitely don't need to go RB in round 1, and could probably even wait until the 3rd and still get a good one. I think the 2nd round is the sweet spot but that's my opinion.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:14 AM   #53
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I think you guys overrate Rankin, but if he's healthy, he's fine at LG. LDT hasn't been good in a couple years, move on there.
I don't really get the Rankin love either. I thought he seemed meh, not bad but not good either. Definitely someone I don't mind being in the mix for a starting job next year but not someone I want to crown as the starting LG.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 01-05-2020, 02:30 PM   #54
Starter

The more I think about it, the more I think Hubbard would be a pretty ideal fit in our system.

Homerun threat with elite speed and can catch the ball out of the backfield.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #55
Supporter

I'll throw another unmentioned name into the mix...SMU RB Xavier Jones - https://www.facebook.com/12798964724...9644198746169/

Another potential mid-late round gem like Perine whom I mentioned earlier.
SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.SAGA45 would the whole thing.
Old 01-05-2020, 03:33 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGA45 View Post
I'll throw another unmentioned name into the mix...SMU RB Xavier Jones - https://www.facebook.com/12798964724...9644198746169/

Another potential mid-late round gem like Perine whom I mentioned earlier.
James Robinson out of Northern Illinois. Kid is good. Contact balance like Kareem. A bit beefier at 5'10" 220. He'll be in my next mock.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:18 PM   #57
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Maybe, but Taylor is pretty special.

Wouldn't rule Hubbard out, kid is as fast as Etienne. Hubbard did run 10.55 100-m in high school. Etienne ran a 10.51. Neither are as fast as Charles was, but both are significantly faster than any backs KC has right now and Reid had no issues making use of Charles.

I do prefer Dobbins over all others, but there is so much talent in this year's crop of backs that it is hard to really just zone in on one guy as the fit because there are at least 10 that would. The Chiefs definitely don't need to go RB in round 1, and could probably even wait until the 3rd and still get a good one. I think the 2nd round is the sweet spot but that's my opinion.
That's probably faster than Charles was by the time Reid got him. Thing about Charles wasn't ONLY his speed, his vision and balance coupled with his agility and lateral quickness were straight elite. Unfortunately most of that got wasted with Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards and Scott Franchise Killer Pioli. But by the time Reid got him, he was savvy as hell and could still make dudes miss and had good speed, but it wasn't the speed he had coming out.

I don't know anything about these dudes, but getting speed guys because Charles was generational isn't necessarily a good approach unless they've got other skills too.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:25 PM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
That's probably faster than Charles was by the time Reid got him. Thing about Charles wasn't ONLY his speed, his vision and balance coupled with his agility and lateral quickness were straight elite. Unfortunately most of that got wasted with Squirmin Herman Mother****ing Sack of **** Edwards and Scott Franchise Killer Pioli. But by the time Reid got him, he was savvy as hell and could still make dudes miss and had good speed, but it wasn't the speed he had coming out.

I don't know anything about these dudes, but getting speed guys because Charles was generational isn't necessarily a good approach unless they've got other skills too.
Both those dudes are phenomenal players and both should be 2nd round picks. For reference, Charles ran a 10.13 100m in college, which is Olympic caliber.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:09 PM   #59
Supporter

Quote:
James Robinson out of Northern Illinois. Kid is good. Contact balance like Kareem. A bit beefier at 5'10" 220. He'll be in my next mock.
Nice!! He drew Fournette comparisons out of high school. Good size. Can be a big play guy and a 2nd half hammer to eat clock. Good find man! Looking forward to that mock
Old 01-05-2020, 11:08 PM   #60
Supporter

Quote:
Both those dudes are phenomenal players and both should be 2nd round picks. For reference, Charles ran a 10.13 100m in college, which is Olympic caliber.
Right on. Let's be real here, if we land another Jamaal Charles, I'd dance a jig.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.