Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-27-2017, 08:06 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

Official 2017 STL Cardinals Thread

My as well get it started. Here's my "Matheny" lineup.....

Fowler CF
Diaz SS
Carpenter 1B
Piscotty RF
Grichuk LF
Molina C
Peralta 3B
Wong 2B
Pitcher

My "Matheny" Starting rotation

Martinez
Reyes
Wainwright
Lynn
Leake
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:15 PM   #271
MVP

Geez Mike, you better go pray about why your managing style sucks balls. Maybe Chiefshrink can give you some pointers......****head
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:16 PM   #272
In Search of a Life

Exciting game. 1 bad inning for waino.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:16 PM   #273
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
Moose or Cuthbert might be available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wong for moose?lol
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:22 PM   #274
The talking stonehead

What a way to end the game. Baez is incredible.
Doubt they end up playing tomorrow. Good opening series to welcome baseball season back.
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:01 PM   #275
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Exciting game. 1 bad inning for waino.
That's not even a bad inning. A bloop hit to score a run, followed by a squeeze because his LF threw to the wrong base.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:56 AM   #276
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
That's not even a bad inning. A bloop hit to score a run, followed by a squeeze because his LF threw to the wrong base.
It didn't look like Peralta and/or Diaz were in the right position. Peralta was in between a cutoff position and covering third. Diaz held his position instead of being at third. On a short single that is the most common shift with runners on 1st and 2nd. On a deep hit short goes out to cut. It looked like Grichuk came up to throw and where he would normally go there was no one in place and he basically sort armed it into the infield.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-05-2017, 08:08 AM   #277
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAChief View Post
It didn't look like Peralta and/or Diaz were in the right position. Peralta was in between a cutoff position and covering third. Diaz held his position instead of being at third. On a short single that is the most common shift with runners on 1st and 2nd. On a deep hit short goes out to cut. It looked like Grichuk came up to throw and where he would normally go there was no one in place and he basically sort armed it into the infield.
Are we talking about the same play? Diaz went out to try to catch the bloop and Grichuk came up guns blazing to the plate. He didn't even look to third.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:11 AM   #278
In my youth i pray to keep

Game is cancelled today. Moved to the same time tomorrow.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #279
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Are we talking about the same play? Diaz went out to try to catch the bloop and Grichuk came up guns blazing to the plate. He didn't even look to third.
Hard to say. With the play in front of him as he charged the ball, he could've easily known that nobody was covering 3b by the time he got there (in fact, a really good defender would have done exactly that) and if he knew that, he might as well let it fly and see if he gets lucky at home; there's no saving the play at 3b if nobody's covering the bag and there's no additional damage done by going to the plate with it. It's possible that Grichuk made a stupid play - it's equally possible that he made a really smart one. But ultimately somebody screwed that play up badly.

The bottom line is that this team is still lacking in defensive fundamentals. Whether it was Peralta or Grichuk that botched it is pretty immaterial (well, less so with Peralta as I see no reason for him to be on the field anyway).

Over 162 games, you'll see stuff like that put at least a game/month between us and the Cubs. They're just a more sound ballclub than we are. 2 games in and they have a win over us precisely because of defensive execution that they had that we didn't. And they damn near stole the first one for the same reason due to Carpenter's vapor lock.

This isn't a fundamentally sound ballclub. Because it's led by an idiot.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:34 PM   #280
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Hard to say. With the play in front of him as he charged the ball, he could've easily known that nobody was covering 3b by the time he got there (in fact, a really good defender would have done exactly that) and if he knew that, he might as well let it fly and see if he gets lucky at home; there's no saving the play at 3b if nobody's covering the bag and there's no additional damage done by going to the plate with it. It's possible that Grichuk made a stupid play - it's equally possible that he made a really smart one. But ultimately somebody screwed that play up badly.

The bottom line is that this team is still lacking in defensive fundamentals. Whether it was Peralta or Grichuk that botched it is pretty immaterial (well, less so with Peralta as I see no reason for him to be on the field anyway).

Over 162 games, you'll see stuff like that put at least a game/month between us and the Cubs. They're just a more sound ballclub than we are. 2 games in and they have a win over us precisely because of defensive execution that they had that we didn't. And they damn near stole the first one for the same reason due to Carpenter's vapor lock.

This isn't a fundamentally sound ballclub. Because it's led by an idiot.
That's really disappointing too. The Cardinals have always had a history of playing good defense. Captain concussion is going to flush that if he doesn't get out of his own way.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:37 PM   #281
MVP

Oh, and I really miss Oquendo manning the hot corner. I don't know why I miss seeing him out there but I do.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:20 PM   #282
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
Oh, and I really miss Oquendo manning the hot corner. I don't know why I miss seeing him out there but I do.
He was terrible at it.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #283

Maybe I'm just imaging it, but it seems like we have a hard time putting pitchers away at the plate.

Possible big inning brewing for Chicago.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #284
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

More of that superlative redbird defense.

John Lackey goes 1st to 3rd on a single to CF because Fowler trots his ass over to get it and Lackey catches him napping. So what's Fowler do? Throws the ball up the line to Gyorko to give Jay a chance to advance from 1st to 2nd on the throw.

It's a stupid, careless baseball team and has been since Matheny got here. It's only going to get worse as guys like Holliday leave and Molina fade away. When the 'old guard' of guys that were here under LaRussa start to be replaced by these ****ing knucklehead Matheny products, this team will be nigh on unwatchable.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:04 PM   #285

So, uhh.. what's this Cecil guys deal?