Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-06-2020, 08:46 AM   #2
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
The NFL can't do a bubble. 7 months long and there isn't a spot in America big enough.

Maybe if they broke it up into small bubbles, but as Terez speculated on his pod, the NFL thought it would cost them a billion dollars plus to do the bubble. They can't do that.
Logistically they could easily do a bubble. Now would players want to make that sacrifice to make millions of dollars? That is the question. I doubt they would want to. The NBA hasn't had to face that hurdle yet because their restart is just a few weeks long and then the playoffs.

The advantage of having a bubble in the NFL is you have a larger revenue source with more weeks & months to lower that fixed cost.

The disadvantage of the bubble in the NBA is you have a smaller revenue source (not by a ton though) with much less time to attribute that fixed cost.

Players families and friends could even enter the bubble and come and go when they please as long as they adhere to the quarantine and pass x amt of tests first. It isn't like you COULDN'T see your family the entire duration but it does make it much more difficult.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:48 AM   #3
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Logistically they could easily do a bubble. Now would players want to make that sacrifice to make millions of dollars? That is the question. I doubt they would want to. The NBA hasn't had to face that hurdle yet because their restart is just a few weeks long and then the playoffs.

The advantage of having a bubble in the NFL is you have a larger revenue source with more weeks & months to lower that fixed cost.

The disadvantage of the bubble in the NBA is you have a smaller revenue source (not by a ton though) with much less time to attribute that fixed cost.

Players families and friends could even enter the bubble and come and go when they please as long as they adhere to the quarantine and pass x amt of tests first. It isn't like you COULDN'T see your family the entire duration but it does make it much more difficult.
Terez says it's not logistically possible on his recent podcast as well as not being financially possible.

So...
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:54 AM   #4
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Terez says it's not logistically possible on his recent podcast as well as not being financially possible.

So...
Even if it costs 1 billion as you say (which I highly doubt) but lets say it does.

Not having a season costs you about 15-18 billion as that is the projected revenue of the NFL in a regular 2020 year.

Allowing yourself to have a season while spending 1 billion dollars is still clearly the answer. Even without fans, the TV deals the NFL makes is 12 billion ALONE. Along with other revenue streams it is a no-brainer.

Saying you can't do it, is nonsense. You could easily have a 50k city in a bubble should you want to. The only wildcard is if the players and NFLPA would even consider it. People really care about their family I guess. Personally, I'd look for any excuse to get away from seeing my family everyday if I could. But I acknowledge I am a piece of shit.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:59 AM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Even if it costs 1 billion as you say (which I highly doubt) but lets say it does.

Not having a season costs you about 15-18 billion as that is the projected revenue of the NFL in a regular 2020 year.

Allowing yourself to have a season while spending 1 billion dollars is still clearly the answer. Even without fans, the TV deals the NFL makes is 12 billion ALONE. Along with other revenue streams it is a no-brainer.

Saying you can't do it, is nonsense. You could easily have a 50k city in a bubble should you want to. The only wildcard is if the players and NFLPA would even consider it. People really care about their family I guess. Personally, I'd look for any excuse to get away from seeing my family everyday if I could. But I acknowledge I am a piece of shit.
I dont' even think it's the cost, it's the massive amount of people it would take.

You'd have to have all the TV crews do it. All the officials who have regular jobs as well do it. Food prep, training crews. It's just a massive overhaul for 7 months.

Then you have to actually have the place to do it. There's not a place I know of that could handle that.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:00 AM   #6
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

A billion more in additional costs over no season seems to be money well spent.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.