Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:36 PM   #7561
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Yes. Everyone should have one if their income allows them.

It's tax free money in retirement, which will help offset taxable income in retirement drawn from IRAs/401ks.

Even if you could only invest a few hundred dollars per year, it's absolutely worth it.
That's what I thought I've been reading up on it alot since the Gamestop stuff. My friend keeps trying to get me on this Acorn thing. Dont know much about it seems kinda gimmicky figured the smart money would be to tie up into something like a ROTH instead.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:36 PM   #7562
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Yes. Everyone should have one if their income allows them.

It's tax free money in retirement, which will help offset taxable income in retirement drawn from IRAs/401ks.

Even if you could only invest a few hundred dollars per year, it's absolutely worth it.
Max that bitch out @ $6000 per year.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:40 PM   #7563
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
That's what I'm thinking. 25 bucks a pay check that's 50 bucks a month. Really not expensive at all thats my apple Music and netflix subscription + cell phone bill.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:41 PM   #7564
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
That's what I'm thinking. 25 bucks a pay check that's 50 bucks a month. Really not expensive at all thats my apple Music and netflix subscription + cell phone bill.
$6000, not $600.

But putting anything in is good.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:44 PM   #7565
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Oh I do and have been.

I just know that not everyone can afford that. There's nothing wrong with even a few hundred dollars per year, especially if you're young.

A ROTH IRA is probably the most valuable investment vehicle for middle class earners. You should, however, contribute first to your 401k to get your full employer match (free money). After that, people should look to fund a ROTH.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:46 PM   #7566
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
$6000, not $600.

But putting anything in is good.
Yeah that but I'm finally getting my tax return from last year and this years plus with the Biden bucks I would have about 6k I could throw in there
Old 02-19-2021, 09:46 PM   #7567
Mod Team

I was just looking at my ROTH and I have a mutual fund with T Rowe Price that made 50% in the past year. I thought that was ****ing awesome for passive investing.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:47 PM   #7568
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Oh I do and have been.

I just know that not everyone can afford that. There's nothing wrong with even a few hundred dollars per year, especially if you're young.

A ROTH IRA is probably the most valuable investment vehicle for middle class earners. You should, however, contribute first to your 401k to get your full employer match (free money). After that, people should look to fund a ROTH.
I'm pissed that this was never explained to me when I was in college.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:49 PM   #7569
I'll be back.

Quote:
No one told me shit either.

Financial lifestyle should be a mandatory class in HIGH SCHOOL.

Our educational system is a failure.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:50 PM   #7570
Mod Team

Quote:
I went to college full-time for 7 years and never once took a business class for either of my degrees.

I find that sad. I've learned all on my own but it shouldn't be that way.

Does your employer offer a 401k? Many are also offering ROTH 401ks now. Or will you be looking to set this up yourself?
Old 02-19-2021, 09:50 PM   #7571
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Personal finance and basically long term investment. Now it's basically a reddit thread for quick money and day trading.
I think this thread has all kinds of helpful advice and tips throughout it.

Day trading is part of investing as well, doesn't mean everyone on here does it, I'm just dabbling with my stimulus money from the Govt. with that. Play money i call it.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:51 PM   #7572
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
No one told me shit either.

Financial lifestyle should be a mandatory class in HIGH SCHOOL.

Our educational system is a failure.
Dude I said this EXACT same thing to my friend the other night. Hes got a pretty good job and is really good at saving money I was like maybe you need to look into this.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:53 PM   #7573
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Quote:
Same here. Well maybe not pissed, but disappointed that I wasn't wise to it.

I've gotten a late start on supplemental retirement savings and have already banked a lot. I shudder to think how much I would have if I had started saving at 22 rather than in my 30s.
DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.DJay23 would the whole thing.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:53 PM   #7574
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
I went to college full-time for 7 years and never once took a business class for either of my degrees.

I find that sad. I've learned all on my own but it shouldn't be that way.

Does your employer offer a 401k? Many are also offering ROTH 401ks now. Or will you be looking to set this up yourself?
I'm starting a new job here shortly and yes they do.
Old 02-19-2021, 09:56 PM   #7575
Mod Team

Quote:
I'm starting a new job here shortly and yes they do.
Awesome.

Once you get a list of fund choices we can help you choose some things if you have questions.