Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:18 AM   #2296
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
If they're a good LT? Yeah.

Especially when there's gonna be WR's into the 2nd/3rd round that will end up being as good as the guys you're talking about here.

WR's generally come from all over the draft. LT's usually don't.
This is where I'm at. If a LT falls you like then you have to take that shot first. The positional value is far higher at LT than at WR.

My ideal first two rounds are Jordan Morgan at LT and Roman Wilson at WR but I'm basing that purely on the hope that each is there.

I think Morgan has a better shot to be there at 32 than Wilson does at 64 though.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 11:39 AM   #2297
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
This is where I'm at. If a LT falls you like then you have to take that shot first. The positional value is far higher at LT than at WR.

My ideal first two rounds are Jordan Morgan at LT and Roman Wilson at WR but I'm basing that purely on the hope that each is there.

I think Morgan has a better shot to be there at 32 than Wilson does at 64 though.
Morgan's arms length is a major problem imo.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:45 AM   #2298
MVP

Quote:

I'd be happy with that. You think Wilson may be gone? I really have no idea, I suppose it's just going to depend on how specific teams rate these WRs for their systems, I guess.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:54 AM   #2299
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post
There's always guys who are undervalued and slip through the net. Kiran and Paul would normally go way higher in another draft class imo but they are gonna slip down and hopefully Veach takes advantage of it.
History has shown time and time again that you need to use a 1st rd pick on a LT. Feel free to look at the draft history for LT’s taken outside the 1st. Bakhtiari is a lone outlier and Orlando Brown Jr sucks.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:57 AM   #2300
MVP

Quote:
Plenty of guys have done fine with that length.

Same length as Bernhard Raimann and he's developed into a top-10 LT in the league and is just getting better. Rashawn Slater is 33" and he's pretty good. Donald Penn was 33" and so was Jason Peters.

If you have short arms you have to have athleticism and technique and Morgan has those things.

I don't love that he's under 34" but I look at him versus some other prospects being talked about in our range and he's just a significantly better player.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:57 AM   #2301
Mahomes > God

Quote:
He projects to be a LG in the NFL….yeah no thanks.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:05 PM   #2302
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
He projects to be a LG in the NFL….yeah no thanks.
Huh? This is from his profile:

Morgan has the traits and talent to become a solid starting left tackle.

He’s played LT at Arizona his entire 4 years there.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jordan...4-4c5252cbb096
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:07 PM   #2303
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I'd be happy with that. You think Wilson may be gone? I really have no idea, I suppose it's just going to depend on how specific teams rate these WRs for their systems, I guess.
Yeah, I think he is gone by 50. I'm not so sure I'd be opposed to KC spending their 3rd or the Titans 3rd next year to move up for him. Either one should get us around that range.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:14 PM   #2304
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Huh? This is from his profile:

Morgan has the traits and talent to become a solid starting left tackle.

He’s played LT at Arizona his entire 4 years there.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jordan...4-4c5252cbb096
From Matt Miller's mock...

Quote:
31. San Francisco 49ers
Jordan Morgan, G/OT, Arizona

The 49ers were active in free agency, but they didn't do much regarding the offensive line, which struggled throughout the postseason. To me, that signals that the front office sees the draft class as a good opportunity to build there. Morgan played left tackle at Arizona, but he is seen by scouts as a potential guard at the next level. He has 37 games of experience and is a great mover in space. Morgan is a plug-and-play fit in the 49ers' scheme.
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:25 PM   #2305
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
From Matt Miller's mock...
Some do automatically peg him as an OG because of his arm length. They do the same thing with any prospects that fall short of 34" arms and especially so under 33.5.

They did the same thing with Slater. One of his weaknesses literally read "some teams will see him as an inside-only player."

Sometimes it's warranted if the athleticism and technique are questionable, but that's when you actually have to watch a guy play football and determine if he's better than the analytics.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:27 PM   #2306
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Some do automatically peg him as an OG because of his arm length. They do the same thing with any prospects that fall short of 34" arms and especially so under 33.5.

They did the same thing with Slater. One of his weaknesses literally read "some teams will see him as an inside-only player."

Sometimes it's warranted if the athleticism and technique are questionable, but that's when you actually have to watch a guy play football and determine if he's better than the analytics.
Yeah I know a lot of these arguments boil down to "which expert do you believe"...it's what makes draft season fun though lol...
Old 03-28-2024, 01:17 PM   #2307
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
History has shown time and time again that you need to use a 1st rd pick on a LT. Feel free to look at the draft history for LT’s taken outside the 1st. Bakhtiari is a lone outlier and Orlando Brown Jr sucks.
I looked at Brandon Thorn's top 15 LTs going into the 2023 season and it's pretty astonishing how many of these players were 1st rounders and top 15 picks.

9/15 or 60% were top 15 picks
10/15 or 67% were 1st rounders
12/15 or 80% were drafted in the 3rd round or earlier
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-28-2024, 01:35 PM   #2308
In Search of a Life

Pass rushers and LT's. The league has pretty much figured out what and who those guys are gonna be and draft them accordingly.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:16 PM   #2309
MVP

I won't release it for several weeks yet but my thoughts in-process for my What I Want mock actually has a bit of what I talked about in response to Meck and is looking like this:

1-032 - LT Jordan Morgan, Arizona (6'5" 312)
2-048 - WR Roman Wilson, Michigan (5'11" 185) Trade w/JAX for 2-64 and 2025 3rd f/TEN
3-095 - CB Andru Phillips, Kentucky (5'11" 190)
4-131 - DT Jaden Crumedy, Mississippi State (6'4" 301)
5-159 - TE Jared Wiley, TCU (6'6" 249)
5-173 - WR Ainias Smith, Texas A&M (5'9" 190)
7-221 - RB Rasheen Ali, Marshall (5'11" 206)

I don't know, necessarily, that I'll change my thoughts much unless KC opts to sign Donovan Smith pre-draft.

I've come to love the prospects of Wilson and Smith as guys that really impress me after the catch and how you can deploy them. I think both fit Reid's offense spectacularly.
Old 03-28-2024, 03:04 PM   #2310
Mahomes > God

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Pass rushers and LT's. The league has pretty much figured out what and who those guys are gonna be and draft them accordingly.
Weird considering interior defensive linemen and Guards got paid this offseason more than anyone but sure...