Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:29 AM   #481
Cast Iron Jedi

Anyone ever cook their pasta directly in the sauce, from start to finish?

A few weeks ago I did some pasta in the pressure cooker with the sauce. While I over cooked it, I was intrigued by the idea of not using two pots and getting more flavor into the pasta itself. The experts always say to "finish" the pasta in the sauce to let it soak up some of that sauce, so why not just cook it in the sauce?

Made some rigatoni with a meat sauce last night, just using my favorite canned sauce. Figured I'd give it a shot. Did a little Googling to find out how much water 1 pound of pasta will absorb and added that much water to my meat sauce. Got it all up to boiling and added the pasta. It turned out really well. The pasta took about 1.5x the time to cook through, but the sauce came out wonderfully thickened by the extra starch from the pasta (I always add a ladle or so of starchy pasta water to the final dish to help the sauce cling).

I think this is how I'll cook most pasta from now on. It takes a little bit longer, but I don't have an extra stock pot to clean. (One thing I read, don't try this with spaghetti or a long noodle like that - they need space to move around or they stick together; not the case with tubular pastas and smaller shapes.)
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:27 AM   #482
MVP

Made a killer thai kale salad for lunch.
CHopped up kale
bag of broccoli slaw
thin sliced onion
chopped cabbage
sliced almonds
hulled pumpkin seeds
chopped cashews

Mix all the above together

Dressing: juice of two limes, teaspoon sriracha, tablespoon grated ginger, tablespoon grated garlic, 1 cup rice wine vinegar, teaspoon sesame oil, tablespoon miso paste, tablespoon dijon mustard. Whisk all the above and pour onto the other stuff. Devour.
Very healthy and very tasty. I added some grilled chicken to it for lunch, but I made it as a side salad the other night by itself.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:34 AM   #483
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Made Gnocchi last night....not bad. I'd never tried it before and didn't have a potato ricer so I ran the potatoes through a hard cheese grater (the wheel style). I probably used a little too much flour, but nothing terrible. I put in about as much egg as it took to make it all stick together.

After a quick boil, I fried them off in butter and served them with pesto and pork steaks. Pretty good stuff and not all that difficult to make (would be really easy if you did have the ricer).
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:51 AM   #484
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Anyone ever cook their pasta directly in the sauce, from start to finish?

A few weeks ago I did some pasta in the pressure cooker with the sauce. While I over cooked it, I was intrigued by the idea of not using two pots and getting more flavor into the pasta itself. The experts always say to "finish" the pasta in the sauce to let it soak up some of that sauce, so why not just cook it in the sauce?

Made some rigatoni with a meat sauce last night, just using my favorite canned sauce. Figured I'd give it a shot. Did a little Googling to find out how much water 1 pound of pasta will absorb and added that much water to my meat sauce. Got it all up to boiling and added the pasta. It turned out really well. The pasta took about 1.5x the time to cook through, but the sauce came out wonderfully thickened by the extra starch from the pasta (I always add a ladle or so of starchy pasta water to the final dish to help the sauce cling).

I think this is how I'll cook most pasta from now on. It takes a little bit longer, but I don't have an extra stock pot to clean. (One thing I read, don't try this with spaghetti or a long noodle like that - they need space to move around or they stick together; not the case with tubular pastas and smaller shapes.)
It's recommended that pasta be cooked partially—then cook the remaining time in the sauce. I've done it like that.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:15 AM   #485
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
It's recommended that pasta be cooked partially—then cook the remaining time in the sauce. I've done it like that.

I've done that hundreds of times... That's traditional. I was asking my the non-traditional method I described.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:16 AM   #486
Gimme My Berries Back!

Yeah, I got that. Just sayin' how I do it.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:22 PM   #487
Supporter

No effort or effects went into this, but since people flip me shit for not posting photos. Here's my Chicken Francese.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0823.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	111080  
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:45 PM   #488
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
No effort or effects went into this, but since people flip me shit for not posting photos. Here's my Chicken Francese.
Looks great. Would slam all night.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:22 PM   #489
Banned

pretty much pasta can only be boiled. imo FMB, you are leaning towards something new. maybe a pot sticker? korean dumpling?
Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:06 AM   #490
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
It's called ghost pizza 'cuz you can't see it, but you can feel its presence.
Kind of like the Pats espionage
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:47 AM   #491
Ain't no relax!

My first contribution. I have a chili cookoff at work tomorrow.

Chicken Chili:

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:44 AM   #492
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalor2 View Post
pretty much pasta can only be boiled. imo FMB, you are leaning towards something new. maybe a pot sticker? korean dumpling?

It's still boiled. Like I said, I added extra water to the sauce so it would rehydrate properly. It's still very much pasta.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:52 PM   #493
Cheat Death

I'm addicted to ramen. Spicy roasted garlic miso tonight.

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:23 PM   #494
Cast Iron Jedi

I did a quick simple fried rice. Onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sriracha sauce, rice, cashews, peas.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:27 PM   #495
I like Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I did a quick simple fried rice. Onion, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sriracha sauce, rice, cashews, peas.
I have tried fried rice and it never comes out well, don't have a gas stove or a wok.
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.