Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:37 PM   #2686
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Where does everyone get their ammo online? Any bad experiences or places to avoid?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I've been getting mine mostly from SGAmmo.com for a couple years now. Had pretty good prices, never had any issues. Prices are higher now though, because 'corona." Stay away from CHEAPERTHANDIRT.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:14 AM   #2687
Supporter

Quote:
Where does everyone get their ammo online? Any bad experiences or places to avoid?

Notorious turned me into Palmetto State Armory. I’ve had good luck there.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:55 AM   #2688
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh View Post

Who is down with pistol caliber carbine?

Palmetto knocked it out of the park with these things.
Is that considered an SBR? Do you need a special permit or tax stamp or anything like that to purchase? Because...I like
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:02 AM   #2689
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepp View Post
Is that considered an SBR? Do you need a special permit or tax stamp or anything like that to purchase? Because...I like

No, its a pistol brace on it not a stock. Its good to go
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:17 PM   #2690
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:

Who is down with pistol caliber carbine?

Palmetto knocked it out of the park with these things.
Do you have any issues with the optic on the dust cover mount holding zero?
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:21 PM   #2691
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Do you have any issues with the optic on the dust cover mount holding zero?

No. Its hinged to the front trunnion and locks back downto the rear really strong. Its maintained zero through a few competitions and 800+ rounds of beating it around at the range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #2692
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
No. Its hinged to the front trunnion and locks back downto the rear really strong. Its maintained zero through a few competitions and 800+ rounds of beating it around at the range

Cool. I should look into one of those for my AK.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:39 PM   #2693
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Cool. I should look into one of those for my AK.

Im sure they sell something like them somewhere. This akv came with it.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #2694
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Im sure they sell something like them somewhere. This akv came with it.
I've paid very little attention to my AK over the years - it's basically a SHTF gun. Can't even remember the last time I shot it. I didn't even realize that there was an option for a dust cover rail system until I saw yours. Been looking at some options and a couple of installation videos, and it seems very doable.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:25 PM   #2695
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:

I usually use SGammo, but I just found that TrueShot had .223 and Natchez had 9mm in stock, so I used them last time.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:06 PM   #2696
Mahomosapien

Quote:
I've paid very little attention to my AK over the years - it's basically a SHTF gun. Can't even remember the last time I shot it. I didn't even realize that there was an option for a dust cover rail system until I saw yours. Been looking at some options and a couple of installation videos, and it seems very doable.

I prefer the Midwest industries side saddle rail on my ak rifles. I trust a dust cover mount for 9mm, not so much for 7.62x39 or even 5.45x39
Old 05-07-2020, 08:30 PM   #2697
Ain't no relax!

So, any suggestions for purchasing a handgun in KC right now? I saw that most of the normal places are closed.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:33 PM   #2698
Supporter

Quote:
I prefer the Midwest industries side saddle rail on my ak rifles. I trust a dust cover mount for 9mm, not so much for 7.62x39 or even 5.45x39
I had a scope mounted the dust cover of a Saiga .308 (AK-47 .308).

It was a 3-4" gun. I don't know if it was the shit Russian accuracy or the dust cover mount. I sold that ****er.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:36 PM   #2699
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I had a scope mounted the dust cover of a Saiga .308 (AK-47 .308).

It was a 3-4" gun. I don't know if it was the shit Russian accuracy or the dust cover mount. I sold that ****er.

The bill of arms on an 762x39 ak states it should effectively hit a man sized target at 400 meters I believe. Definitely not engineered to be a sub-moa gun

Old 05-07-2020, 08:38 PM   #2700
Supporter

Quote:
The bill of arms on an 762x39 ak states it should effectively hit a man sized target at 400 meters I believe. Definitely not engineered to be a sub-moa gun

This was a 7.62x51 version, not the 7.62x39, and it sucked.

Same bullets I run through my AR-10's and they are 3/4" rifles on an normal day.

Come to think of it, that is the only rifle I've ever sold. Good riddance.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.